In need of Right Rear Door shell

MarkLS04

New LVC Member
Reaction score
HI Guys & Gals,

I posted some info here back when I first got the LS about 2+ yrs ago, been following sporadically since. A few basics again...

'04 V6 Premium Auto. It's an inheritance form my father-in-law that passed away in 2014. Got it in May '14 with 28K miles on it. Now has 39K miles on it. Completely stock except for new audio head unit and speakers. Black on black. Been a garage queen all it's life. Very clean & straight (I'll get to that part in just a minute) just a couple of minor rock dings otherwise close to perfect.

So having said all that, I need a Right Rear door shell. The wife managed get a boulder under the door it's bent good (she heartbroken, it was her dad's car). I don't think it can be straightened easily due to all the folded metal there. All the parts on the door are pristine so all I really need is a shell, but I'll take a whole door if necessary.

I'm in SoCal but might entertain a bit of a drive for one that's worth it. Just starting my search for a replacement, thought I'd post here first.

Anyone got a spare door?

The only suggestion I have is to not be in a hurry. Several years ago a nitwit high-school-age girl pulled out of a side street and, despite my best efforts managed to take out both front and rear right doors. At the time I was finding single doors for about $350 or so. I called on several of those and was 'too late' for most. But I finally answered an ad and got all four doors, in good shape off of an '06---for $100. Needless to say I got there with the MIF in a hurry. The only problem was that my car is white and the doors were a burgundy color.

KS

I called on several of those and was 'too late' for most. But I finally answered an ad and got all four doors, in good shape off of an '06---for $100.

KS

Yea, I'm just going to take my time. You got a great deal for all 4 doors! I did an eBay search and did find a complete door off of a black '06. Looked to be in good shape. Problem is it's in Atlanta and they wanted $350 for it, plus I'd have to pay to have it packaged and trucked out here. I'm going to keep shopping. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back