Painted the plastic windshield trim today. Huge difference.

BrianDye

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up some satin black (Its matte, but with a little shine) Rustoleum paint at Walmart for $4 the other day to paint my wiper arms. They were faded, extremely dull, and the bare aluminum/steel(?) was showing.

The paint did wonders.

I was in the garage moving some stuff around tonight and saw how faded the plastic pieces on either side of the windshield.

Super easy to remove, open the door, pull the weather stripping off which exposes the screws. I think there were 5 screws per piece, then it simply pulls off. Don't have any pictures of this, but its very easy.

Washed them with soap and water, and ran some 2000 grit sand paper over them, then shot them with 3 or 4 coats of said paint above. Night and day difference, little things like this make over a huge difference.

Working with very limited garage space, this was the best pic I got "before"
20541BBE-039B-4308-B363-4D0D33FCC9A2_zpspksvlqe5.jpg

After
FD2916D3-6454-4790-9B29-9119C18022D4_zpsjvvidsjx.jpg

5C6EE24F-5C59-4008-B9F4-DD85EAE99687_zps2upf2zui.jpg

Drivers side
D9D8F6FE-CAD4-4C2A-8712-D1228C53DF2D_zpscxevc8sr.jpg

What did you do your LS today?

Seriously ... not kidding :p

I plasti-dipped my trim. Looks good.

Aren't they rubber? Isn't the paint going to crack?

No, theyre a real hard plastic like the cowl, but harder. The bottom curve where they meet the cowl is rubber though, and yeah, those would most likely crack.

Possibly PP Polypropylene,
Common usage: Instrument panel, interior trim, grille, center console, scuff plate, exterior trim, fender skirt, heater/evaporator case, coolant tank

<shrugs>

Wow that looks pretty good! Was it easy to put the weather stripping back in?

Nice job. Mine are looking a bit faded as well, will have to give this a try

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.
Back