My $400 LS Registry

Well, looks like the LS will be getting some JL audio in the trunk. Can't pass up a good deal like this.

Girl is selling two JL 12W6V2-D4's, $150/each, and two JL 500/1 amps for $150/each. Can't pass that up. Grabbing just one sub/amp for now, but would like to grab the other pair as well if she still has them after payday.

The LS system sounds great at low speeds, or when im parked at my house, but highway driving really sucks the bass away from those stock subs.

I already have RCA's ran, so ill just test the wiring going to the amp and find the remote wire and tap into it. Love rear-mounted batteries. Makes amp wiring so much easier, and cheaper.

I have a spare thermostat housing(the old one which is still good) and a spare part that the thermostat housing bolts onto(I bought it new). That's just being smart,Joe. It don't eat anything in the lower trunk area.
When I'm on a long trip,I take the Ford antifreeze and my synthetic oil along too. That's also just being prepared. I also take a full box of tools.(may have to help someone else with a blown cooling system along the way; LOL!) don-ohio :)^)

As of right now I have some distilled water, chrome wheel cleaner, tire shine, and mercon V for the PS pump.

If I break down, I can clean my wheels, drink some fresh pure water, shine up my tires, and top off my leaking power steering fluid.

No tools? don

As of right now I have some distilled water, chrome wheel cleaner, tire shine, and mercon V for the PS pump.

If I break down, I can clean my wheels, drink some fresh pure water, shine up my tires, and top off my leaking power steering fluid.

Oddly enough, I've never worried about overheating, as my LSes never have. One is close to 200K miles, and the other close to 160K miles. I'll probably be driving back up the mountains in January, and I don't have to worry about it at all as my cooling systems are fully up to spec. (And, I don't carry any spare parts around.)

Took many, many a trip in the LS without any spare parts. Come to think of it, I've NEVER carried spare parts on trip (including water [for the car. my wife wants excessive amounts in the car in case we get stranded. she's a bit paranoid] or oil. I do carry a quart in the trunk of my BMW but only because I don't want to mix it up with the "regular" oil on the shelf). The closest thing to carrying extra parts that I can remember was that water bag my dad carried on the front of the bumper...

m-UUpLm_L13_UjtbzOYadFw.jpg

m-UUpLm_L13_UjtbzOYadFw.jpg

I honestly don't ever carry tools/spare/liquids with me. The stuff I mentioned above was just from me not cleaning up last time I worked on the LS, or should I say not putting stuff in the garage where it belongs.

Spoiler will be here Friday :D Can't wait to put it on.

Nice surprise today, Spoiler came a day early, and my new iPhone finally showed up as well.

Spoiler threw me off at first, I didn't realize how flexible they are, I set it up on the lid as a mockup, I'm like uh this looks stupid!

Installed it though and added the curve of the trunk, very nice touch for $30. Only took about a week to get here too, I was surprised. The color is VERY close, they even have the "speckles" in there, but it's a tad bit brighter than my white. I'm sure my paint is just sun faded a bit. No biggie, in person, most people probably won't even notice the spoiler.

I kind of want to get the upper rear window lip as well, I love the look of those especially with tinted windows.

So I drove it to work today, temp stayed right around 198-200. Got off the highway because of ungodly amounts of traffic, and was in stop and go traffic for a good 2 miles or so mostly stopped. Temp rose to around 217-218 average when barely/not moving. Is that kind of fluctuation normal? It wasn't a quick jump like the other day where it jumped up 2 degrees every second, it was very gradual from 201-218~

Kinda makes you wonder why YOU can't get the point that SOME people may not want OR be able to afford to replace all their parts and CAN run Unpressurized like I do at 60% antifreeze to 40% water for the rest of the life of those parts. ALSO makes me wonder why you're so chicken to try it? Afraid you'll learn something,BR? Hmmmmmmm? don-ohio :)^)

P.S.,BR. : I'LL be running my 140K miles 04 V6 LS down to FL in 3 weeks,and guess what? down and back,I won't be worrying about blowing all my coolant out on the pavement. LOL!

Still an idiot I see .... some progress though, you've finally figured out how to use the "Reply With Quote" function. Splendid, now if only you could shut the f*ck up with that unpresurized, ill never blow plastics but have already replaced several pieces and keep spares in my trunk just in case, Fn delusional fairy tale of yours, we'd actually be getting somewhere.

Btw, still waiting on them pics of that repair to date. I know, I know ... you don't know how to post pics, you already stated that, you so smart!

Also do note that the degas bottle cap is designed to vent off anything over 16 psi during overheat. So why are you loosening or removing the gasket on it when you're not or never overheating? Must be something dumb people do, not sure.

You're special alright, telling others to eat crow with a document produced with zero reference to pressure or the likes. Class act ... remember the part where you mentioned cooking the thermostat in a pot on the stove to see if it did in fact open once up to temp .... but yeah you the Don don't overheat ever because you'll never blow out plastics on the cooling system yet already had it apart and replaced key pieces.

Spare new cooling system parts in the trunk just in case LOL ... Fn clown you are!

Someone explain to him what a water pump and aux. coolant flow pump does, with or without a degas cap.

Don, the best part is where you don't even see or realize your an idiot and on the end of a loosing argument ... and you continue only because you love to argue and make little sense without valid proof or even anything remotely close to a fact of proof. Just fairy tales and two year old taunts.

What was that wheel cleaner you said worked so well ??
spray it on and hose it off ??

Still an idiot I see .... some progress though, you've finally figured out how to use the "Reply With Quote" function. Splendid, now if only you could shut the f*ck up with that unpresurized, ill never blow plastics but have already replaced several pieces and keep spares in my trunk just in case, Fn delusional fairy tale of yours, we'd actually be getting somewhere.

Btw, still waiting on them pics of that repair to date. I know, I know ... you don't know how to post pics, you already stated that, you so smart!

Also do note that the degas bottle cap is designed to vent off anything over 16 psi during overheat. So why are you loosening or removing the gasket on it when you're not or never overheating? Must be something dumb people do, not sure.

You're special alright, telling others to eat crow with a document produced with zero reference to pressure or the likes. Class act ... remember the part where you mentioned cooking the thermostat in a pot on the stove to see if it did in fact open once up to temp .... but yeah you the Don don't overheat ever because you'll never blow out plastics on the cooling system yet already had it apart and replaced key pieces.

Spare new cooling system parts in the trunk just in case LOL ... Fn clown you are!

Someone explain to him what a water pump and aux. coolant flow pump does, with or without a degas cap.

Don, the best part is where you don't even see or realize your an idiot and on the end of a loosing argument ... and you continue only because you love to argue and make little sense without valid proof or even anything remotely close to a fact of proof. Just fairy tales and two year old taunts.

Now BD,,take your meds and relax,,,,the feeling will soon pass....a few deep breaths will help also..
just because Don get's the better of you dont let it get you down....
you will recover,,...........good buddy :)

Get back to your trailer park Redneck Ron , you too must be lost.

What was that wheel cleaner you said worked so well ??
spray it on and hose it off ??

I use Wheel Wax... Does wonders to protect the wheel from brake dust as well as normal dust and grime. Does need monthly to bi-monthly application.

BR's `eggs erroneous' quote: `You're special alright, telling others to eat crow with a document produced with zero reference to pressure or the likes. Class act ... remember the part where you mentioned cooking the thermostat in a pot on the stove to see if it did in fact open once up to temp .... but yeah you the Don don't overheat ever because you'll never blow out plastics on the cooling system yet already had it apart and replaced key pieces.'

I see you still can't read or comprehend ,BR. LOL! Thanks,BTW,Ron. don-ohio :)^)

BR's `eggs erroneous' quote: `You're special alright, telling others to eat crow with a document produced with zero reference to pressure or the likes. Class act ... remember the part where you mentioned cooking the thermostat in a pot on the stove to see if it did in fact open once up to temp .... but yeah you the Don don't overheat ever because you'll never blow out plastics on the cooling system yet already had it apart and replaced key pieces.'

I see you still can't read or comprehend ,BR. LOL! Thanks,BTW,Ron. don-ohio :)^)

Take it easy on him,he must be able to read.
speed limit signs,,typically only two numbers tho.

" weigh station " , two words in a row.
he comprehends them ok. :)

I try to take it easy on him,Ron......but he's so jealous,he just keeps frothin at the MOUTH. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Take it easy on him,he must be able to read.
speed limit signs,,typically only two numbers tho.

" weigh station " , two words in a row.
he comprehends them ok. :)

Ron - Im not sure the name off the top of my head, but it was a Meguiars product, and its in a magenta/pinkish bottle. Something along the lines of "Chrome Wheel Cleaner"

I sprayed mine on, and my wheels have been sitting with this brake dust caked on them for over a year, I used a cheap $0.80 dish scrubbing bristle brush from Wal-Mart to "agitate" them a bit. Literally spent about 45 seconds on each wheel.

Spray the wheel with water, spray the cleaner on (They vary, some are 15 seconds, some up to a minute) and then rinse it off, and thats all; but if the wheel is really bad like mine were, use a brush of some sort for some light scrubbing and then rinse.

So driving the LS around town is great. Super smooth, handles like a dream, no floating, etc. Getting on the highway is where she really shows me she needs more TLC. I still have to get the wheels balanced, thats the worst part (and cheapest), but I believe those rear toe(?) links are shot. I can feel some sway back there when im on the highway. I know someone said get them on eBay, but are there certain ones to look for? I read some reviews (I think it may have been on here even) about some of the eBay ones being complete garbage out of the box, installing them and them breaking or something on the first drive.

lol mines the opposite. In town (25 to 35 for me) which is most the time it seems frustrated with weird shifts and clunks from suspension. Get on the highway and its like a huge sigh as she zooms to speed and goes smooth and straight easily for miles. Thats when I am reminded why I bought this car again.

Read the threads on here. Factory toe links have an added passive steer feature that the aftermarket do not. Some claim they don't like that feature, but so far in all cases they are comparing worn out factory parts to new aftermarket parts. If you never drive it hard at speed, then it doesn't matter.

lol mines the opposite. In town (25 to 35 for me) which is most the time it seems frustrated with weird shifts and clunks from suspension. Get on the highway and its like a huge sigh as she zooms to speed and goes smooth and straight easily for miles. Thats when I am reminded why I bought this car again.

Lol yeah, I left out the funky shifts, but she definitely does that (Though its a hit or miss. Some days ill drive it and it shifts very good 9/10 shifts, then other days it shifts like ass all day) Im very surprised I have no noises from the suspension. Only a very slight PS pump whine sometimes, but the exhaust drowns it out.

Read the threads on here. Factory toe links have an added passive steer feature that the aftermarket do not. Some claim they don't like that feature, but so far in all cases they are comparing worn out factory parts to new aftermarket parts. If you never drive it hard at speed, then it doesn't matter.

Will do - as much as I would love to drive this car hard, she is tired with nearly 200k miles, so I take it fairly easy on her. She does enjoy late night walks and WOT runs once in a while though. :D

Now when I pick up an '06 with lower miles, and much more potential, that'll be the one I really want to upgrade suspension components and go for improvements. I personally do not like that passive steering, don't know if that may be what im feeling on the highway, but just the thought of it turns me away.

Members online

No members online now.
Back