Aftermarket Lighting

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Umnitza Angel eyes kit
HID headlights low beam
Sylvania high beam bulbs in foglights
Sylvania high beam bulbs in high beams

Question. How do I get the foglights to stay on? When I turn on the high beams?

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

Well, it is against DOT, but I assume you know that.
The cluster reads the light switch and dimmer switch and sends commands to the FEM to turn on and off the fogs and high beams. I think that you would probably have to wire a relay (actually, I think it would take two) directly to the fog light switch and then to the fogs, completely bypassing the FEM.

Do the fog lights get their own signal switch in the light dial? I'm pretty sure all of the rotation positions (auto/off/park/head) use one variable resistance signal. Obviously the fogs pull out, not rotate, so its possible. If they do, would it be 12v? I would assume so. I guess a super-sketch failsafe method would be to use the fog light indicator light as your signal... assuming it gets 12v and stays on with the high beams, though could be used with diodes on the fog light relay coil input wire (assuming the switched polarities match)

Or just trade some appearance for some ease of mind by doing a dedicated toggle/relay combo powered by the parking lights or dash lights. That's what I did to add fogs to my Taurus without running the risk of forgetting them on

You can wire a switched ground to keep the on all the time. I think my FEM had issues and wouldn't turn the fog lights on so I added the dedicated switch. You have to be careful not to leave them on when you get out of the car, it will drain the battery.... I ended up attaching the fog light ground to the low beam ground so they would turn on with the low beams only. If the side marker lights are grounded switched, you could try connecting the fog lights to them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back