What did you do to your LS today?

So.......some sh!t that happened on the facetoobz this weekend.......The guy is here on LVC. I don't remember what his name on here is.......but yeah.....

sandy.jpg

A little background info here....The guy strips some LSE parts of a car from in a junkyard/u pull it place. He sells all the LSE parts except the bumper. He basically has priced it super high at this time due to the fact there are multiple 02 and 06 bumpers on the market. He is sitting on this thing for some months and can't off load it. Mind you, he has sold all the other LSE parts and made more than what he paid out. So this bumper is pure profit. Now I agree that people can charge whatever they want for parts. But when you charge amounts that are too high you should expect to sit on said parts for an extended time frame. If your parts aren't selling you could sit and wait for the right buyer or lower your prices. But you should never attempt to terrorize and bully people into paying more than they are able or willing. Below is the last exchange he had on the Lincoln LS Obsessed FB page before he was banned for his childish and disrespectful behavior.......

FB crazy 1.jpg
FB crazy 2.jpg
FB crazy 3.jpg
FB crazy 4.jpg

and for the moment we have all been waiting for.........

FB crazy 5.JPG

sandy.jpg

FB crazy 1.jpg

FB crazy 2.jpg

FB crazy 3.jpg

FB crazy 4.jpg

FB crazy 5.JPG

Hahahaha. Complains about "this generation", proceeds to throw temper tantrum, costing himself at least $225 and any reputation. What a toolbag.

Hahahaha. Complains about "this generation", proceeds to throw temper tantrum, costing himself at least $225 and any reputation. What a toolbag.

He only paid $45 for the bumper at the u-pull it place.

I dont get it. $450 for that bumper is a steal. dealer last quote was over a grand. my bumper from 01 without the chrome is 460 something full pop.

Guy must have not advert it over national level. Probably would have sold it easy.

Izzy, that's certainly more thorough than I would have done, so I'm glad you posted it less than 3 hours before I decided I was going to do it.

More specifically, he says "they want things handed to them", and yet throws his tantrum because he wants $450, right now, with no negotiation, i.e. handed to him, because holding a rare, niche part for a matter of weeks was too much to handle once he saw all the dollar signs.

"This generation has no idea the value of parts once they become obsolete". He may as well have written "this is a rare part so fcuk you because I can". Oh wait... "if not like I said I'll cut it up because I can". The value only goes up if people are willing to pay it. No one was willing, but he refused to accept the value wasn't $450 (especially for such a trashed bumper).

And let me point out that this particular event started because a guy asked him to wait a few weeks to save up, which was cool and going well, then got hit with a repair bill that set him back a few hundred. Apparently that's "playing games".

This is such a shlt move done out of greed and spite.

hmm I didnt see any flaws in the 4 sale pics, so thats why I felt $450 would be fair. Scrapes and bruises yes, but honestly, at this point any used unit would need a refurbish IMO. I am looking at pick a parts myself for my front. Still the guy was a tool, he could of mad saled it for a hunert and shipping and someone else would maybe sat on it for profit.

Izzy, that's certainly more thorough than I would have done, so I'm glad you posted it less than 3 hours before I decided I was going to do it.

Yeah. I didn't want to leave anything out. Plus I wanted to show the original posting so everyone over here could see for themselves what happened. Then they can make a decision on their own if they ever had the misfortune of dealing with dude.

hmm I didnt see any flaws in the 4 sale pics, so thats why I felt $450 would be fair. Scrapes and bruises yes, but honestly, at this point any used unit would need a refurbish IMO. I am looking at pick a parts myself for my front. Still the guy was a tool, he could of mad saled it for a hunert and shipping and someone else would maybe sat on it for profit.

You're right. It is a good price. However, it wasn't about the price that was keeping people from buying it. This is just the last posting he made of it. He had the bumper for months and every single post was like this. Very threatening and extremely cocky. His attitude and the extreme lack of respect was the reason no one wanted to deal with him.

What really pisses me off about the whole situation is that he was looking for a GEN 1 rear valance that was damaged cause he wanted to modify it to fit his GEN 2. I had a damaged one that I paid $150 for and sold it to him for $50 (we live within an hour of each other). So I took a $100 loss on it to help him out. Then he turns around and acts like this towards my fellow LSers. Nah. Thats pretty ****ty in my book. It all came down to greed and acting like a child.

He only paid $45 for the bumper at the u-pull it place.

Ah, didn't see that part as I'm not in the group. I referenced the kid that offered half price and would pick it up. He could have had some money right away. Still scratching my head. Spiteful for sure.

Someone should have offered him $5 for the pieces

because douche waffle. that is about all there is to that.

along with some serious grammatification mistakes lmao

I got to give it to him, when a man draws a line in the sand, he can either stand his ground, or crumble like a cookie... and that fool stood his ground.

but only a fool rips up a couple hundred dollar bills just to do it.

#KidsTheseDays

Cutting up rare 1st GEN LSE parts, what a concept, now why i not think of this first! :facesjump

Myself I actually don't like the looks of the 1st GEN LSE front bumper cover. Just doesn't do it for me as far as body lines. All those fancy curves and yet when on the car it looks like it's missing something to reach lower and further to the ground. Huge gap from ground to bottom of lip would be my dislike. 2nd GEN LSE bumper is much fuller and fits lower giving it that fuller wide body look. I appreciate it much more.

However, this cut up tantrum as mentioned already does indeed seem like a waste and simply done out of spite.

Someone looking for one for some time and being serious about it would have picked it up.

EDIT - - - -

He ain't no Sherlock !!!

Hey! He owns it..........there're no laws against stupidity,and THAT is pure stupidity!. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

I leave and you start cutting up LSE parts!!!! amazing!

who is he on here?

I can't remember his name on here. He quit all the FB groups right after he made these snuff pictures. He sometimes goes by "certified white boy" IIRC

I can't remember his name on here. He quit all the FB groups right after he made these snuff pictures. He sometimes goes by "certified white boy" IIRC

hehe they really are snuff pictures..... you should report him to the feds Izzy! :cool:

it looks like it's missing something to reach lower and further to the ground. Huge gap from ground to bottom of lip would be my dislike. 2nd GEN LSE bumper is much fuller and fits lower giving it that fuller wide body look. I appreciate it much more.

Now that you point it out... I knew there are a number of things I think are awkward with the Gen 1 compared to Gen 2, but I hadn't previously noticed that. And that's a pretty significant difference.

But hey, if you like it you like it

"certified white boy"

Christ, is he the one that had that as a decal, filling his back window?

Pulled the valve covers to inspect the chains and tensioners. I have a terrible knocking sound. Looks like a tooth jump;( i bumped the starter trying to get the marks to line up to the spec). no metal in the oil. Is the 3.0L and interference engine?

The good and the bad

The good :

So last week I did a couple more things to the front end of my 2000 LS.

First I pulled the struts which had my recent $12.95 rock auto shocks on em. One of the struts had no spring insulator (white plastic thingy) - it had fallen into pieces and they are now officially unobtanium AFAICT. So I pushed about 6 inches of heater hose on the bottom of the spring to form a spring seat and insulator. It seemed to work but after a few days I wasn't comfortable with it and it hadn't helped my problem I've been chasing which is loud banging noises over bumps - the ones that sound like the stabilizer bar.

I had already replaced stabilizer bar bushings, links, and outer tie rod ends to no avail.

So I moved the struts from my 2001 sport LS which is on jack stands waiting for an engine and put them on this car. I also swapped out the upper control arms with new Moog UCAs because they were allowing wheel movement and I could even hear a little noise as I pushed the wheel back and forth.

Results? The car is FINALLY quiet. Oh man it's so much more gratifying to drive this car without hearing clunks and bangs etc. I'm sure it was the UCAs that did it. Me happy now.

The bad - now there are squeaks and creaks I can hear. I was going to get some of that AT-205 that scottykilmer . com recommends and spray it all over the bushings but in reading some posts about bushings I found the one that Devin I think posted about replacing them all. Ugh, that's a lotta work. But what I did notice was that he greased up all the thru-bolts which mated with the bushings. And it makes a lotta sense to smooth that interface out. I did not grease mine cause I saw the post after I had installed everything. I really dont want to pull those 4 UCA bushing bolts out to grease them cause they are quite the PIA, so I will first ask - anyone think the creaks could be coming from these metal parts rubbing together?

Thanks as always.

I did not grease the bolts themselves. The powerflex bushings need to be lubricated on the interior surface of their pass thru holes, and the exterior of the shaft that the bolt passes through. I also dabbed a bit of it of the sides of the UCA bushings that make contact with the body mounting tabs. I did. It let grease contact threads (or shaft? Of the bolt. Just so we are clear.

How much play/shift in the wheel did you observe to indicate the UCA was worn? And was it the bushings or the integrated ball joint that allowed the play?

Installed new right rear upper and lower control arms, sway bar end links, and both toe adjustment links; installed a new battery, aired up tires, and ran it through the car wash. First time the car has driven since spring 2015.

Pulled the valve covers to inspect the chains and tensioners. I have a terrible knocking sound. Looks like a tooth jump;( i bumped the starter trying to get the marks to line up to the spec). no metal in the oil. Is the 3.0L and interference engine?

You may have to start a new thread to get and answer.

I did not grease the bolts themselves. The powerflex bushings need to be lubricated on the interior surface of their pass thru holes, and the exterior of the shaft that the bolt passes through. I also dabbed a bit of it of the sides of the UCA bushings that make contact with the body mounting tabs. I did. It let grease contact threads (or shaft? Of the bolt. Just so we are clear.

How much play/shift in the wheel did you observe to indicate the UCA was worn? And was it the bushings or the integrated ball joint that allowed the play?

Hard to say precisely how much play there was, I'd just say lots more than it should. And the movement was at the two bushings, not the ball joint. When I got the CAs off, some of them the central bushing area with the metal pass thrus had completely separated from the rest of the bushings. Could actually remove the center part from the bushing.

BTW, the PO says these were Raybestos brand. I could see no ID markings on them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back