What did you do to your LS today?

I believe that Lincoln uses heater control valves on some of their other models as well. I may have more to do with zoned climate control. I agree about the blend doors. I had a problem with one on a Grand Marquis. I'd much rather replace a heater valve under the hood than remove a dash to fix a blend door.

Don't go aftermarket on the DCCV, most don't work well or for long.

IMG_0115.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0118.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_0121.jpgIMG_0124.jpgIMG_0125.jpg

Front bumper was wrecked from a drifting mishap so took it off, epoxied the cracks from the rear, cut the lower grille to fit a 23" light bar, painted the lower grille matte black and wired up the light bar to an auxillary switch. Not the prettiest job but for $70 with the light, paint and epoxy, it will do until I find an LSE bumper to replace it with.

Anyone know the best way to acquire an LSE bumper?

Painting the rims and re-fabricating the exhaust this weekend (muffler/resonator delete and running 3" pipes from the cat-back).

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Front bumper was wrecked from a drifting mishap so took it off, epoxied the cracks from the rear, cut the lower grille to fit a 23" light bar, painted the lower grille matte black and wired up the light bar to an auxillary switch. Not the prettiest job but for $70 with the light, paint and epoxy, it will do until I find an LSE bumper to replace it with.

Painting the rims and re-fabricating the exhaust this weekend (muffler/resonator delete and running 3" pipes from the cat-back).

Never thought id see the day someone put an LED bar on an LS :) Not my cup of tea, but those things really light up the road at night. I love them on all the backroads we have near me. I wonder how good one would fit behind that grille, so it was really impossible to tell there was one there.

I believe that Lincoln uses heater control valves on some of their other models as well. I may have more to do with zoned climate control. I agree about the blend doors. I had a problem with one on a Grand Marquis. I'd much rather replace a heater valve under the hood than remove a dash to fix a blend door.

Don't go aftermarket on the DCCV, most don't work well or for long.

too late JoeGR, I already ordered one.

After work yesterday, I decided to do some 'testing'; I started the car, turned on the AC and whacked the solenoids with a 1/2" x 18" socket extension. And I got cold air through the vents! However, after the engine warmed up, ( and the thermostat opened), I got hot air coming out at my feet while cold air still came out up top. When the fan was on high, the driver's side vents got hot as well, while the passenger's side stayed cool. On lower fan settings, the air on the left was coolish, but the heat below was VERY hot. I have a service manual DVD that won't install on my laptop, so I am wondering if you can give me an idea of how this is supposed to work and what I should go after to remedy this. ( actually this morning the hot air felt good!)

In short: what could be causing hot down low and cool up top? From what I understand, temp is a zone control, left or right, and heat/vent/defrost setting should not be at different temp settings.

It's just a matter of what part of the cores gets hot first. Don't waste your time on the aftermarket valve. I have a brand new Murry life-time warranty valve in a box that you can have. It's fine if you don't mind removing it and getting it exchanged for a new one every month. Get a Motorcraft valve and you will probably never have to change it out again. (They seem to be good for 60K to 100K miles.)

Hated the way I mounted the LED bar as soon as I saw it in the day light, so tonight I remounted completely behind the grille. Can not wait to do the rims and exhaust this weekend. I'll post pics as I go.remount1.jpgremount2.jpgled highway.jpg

led highway.jpg

remount1.jpg

remount2.jpg

Haha Brian, just saw your reply after finishing remounting the bar behind the grille. Much happier with it now, it looked pretty shabby before. I felt a little ashamed putting pics of it up next to all the super clean LSs here on LvC.

I wonder how good one would fit behind that grille, so it was really impossible to tell there was one there.

32" curved (not my car). I don't think you can fully hide it in the grille. The chrome reflectors really tend to stand out against black splash shields and radiators

13315789_1152370594825368_6858099196790303171_n.jpg

13312820_1153327744729653_7648137889028127747_n.jpg

In the event thiose don't embed...

]https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13315789_1152370594825368_6858099196790303171_n.jpg?oh=46661e9aaf0538578f9f1967038c4632&oe=58713416

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13312820_1153327744729653_7648137889028127747_n.jpg?oh=e141ea202698bb92331b2462b0907d01&oe=5880822D

the last guy finally gave up after looking forever and sold the car. he kept ordering bumpers and they sent out the wrong one.

there was one guy that had one for sale, wanted more money than you could usually buy the whole car for... I believe Rolling had his contact information

Just bought a 06 bumper off craigslist. pretty stoked and I only paid $100 bucks canadian. (70) for you guys. Need to fix a tiny hole in the side but very fixable. Sand prime base clear then find some halo fogs. Im happy IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

Arrived, thank you Devil :)
Sorry about the shipping war documentation. Darn Customs declarations.

LCA.jpg

Sweet deal on near new RR LCA, very pleased, great savings, going in my 04 LSE.

Try buying this part at the local dealership in Canadian dollars ... $$$

LCA.jpg

I love that 56 Ford, Patrick! I'd rather have it than an LS with low miles! LOL! don-ohio :)^)

I love that 56 Ford, Patrick! I'd rather have it than an LS with low miles! LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Thanks Don! Bought it when I was 17 and rebuilt the 390 big block motor for my first time. Runs incredible. Haven't put more than 3000 miles on it since. Saving it for later when I've got the funds to do it just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who put the big block in there? I never saw an original with that engine(272,292,and 312 were common). don-ohio :)^)

So who put the big block in there? I never saw an original with that engine(272,292,and 312 were common). don-ohio :)^)

My grandfather did, as well as a 4-speed transmission. Came out of a ford truck from the 70s. He was going to race it when he was younger but it ended up sitting in the barn too long and seized up by the time I bought it off him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good ol GrandPa! You know,with some head porting and polishing, and a mild cam, that thing will run like a scalded dog. don-ohio :)^)

LS McLaren Grill

Hi guys. Would either of you like to sell the McLaren grille?

How much money you got in the bank?
When I'm all LS'ed out, both mine will go on eBay along with the tail lamp collection. LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back