ls millennial edition

roncoinc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I thot i had heard of them all but this is the only one i have seen .
white and very pretty.
owner didnt know who the dealer was that did it.
over the trunk lock it's spelled out in chrome letters,not a sticker.
It's for sale,will have to look at it closer and see what else it has for add on's.

nothing... dealer gimmick. Nothing but stickons or aftermarket addons by the dealer... NOT Ford approved.

Please post some pics or the listing. I am curious myself. While some turn up the nose, there was thought behind some of these moves, and as I have found out, Ford was aware and teamed to bring it together. These editions may have not been 'corporate' but they are special. Too bad guy doesn't have original papers like me. Like on that PBS auction show - provenance is everything.

A google search turned up this: http://www.camdentonmotorsandmarine.com/2000_Lincoln_LS_Camdenton_MO_263703337.veh
This is in MO and the OP is in NH. But it is an example of a dealer or PO trying to pull a fast one. The badges that are attached to the pillars are from a Lincoln Town car Millennium Edition. As shown in this photo from google. The LS was never produced with anything other than the LSE as a special edition from Lincoln. These cars are all impostors
millenium edition badges.jpg

millenium edition badges.jpg

From my understanding (i believe LS4ME has some more insight), Lincoln was very adamant NO "special additions" were made by a dealer (including carriage tops)... That NO partnerships were made (other than Roush) for special model LS's.

CMIIR

Please post some pics or the listing. I am curious myself. While some turn up the nose, there was thought behind some of these moves, and as I have found out, Ford was aware and teamed to bring it together. These editions may have not been 'corporate' but they are special. Too bad guy doesn't have original papers like me. Like on that PBS auction show - provenance is everything.

From my understanding (i believe LS4ME has some more insight), Lincoln was very adamant NO "special additions" were made by a dealer (including carriage tops)... That NO partnerships were made (other than Roush) for special model LS's.

CMIIR

the G-Man is right. Dealers were told, in no uncertain terms, they were NOT TO TOUCH THE LS!!! They could do whatever they wanted to the any other of their vehicles; NOT THE LS!! In fact, the then V.P. of Marketing (his name escapes me...) said he would break the legs, Mafia style, (tongue firmly planted in cheek) of any dealer that modified the LS in any way! From A Few Good Men.... The LS is NOT to be touched! ALL those "special additions" are unapproved dealer-installed add-ons. The LSE was the only approved modification.

Actually, NO partnerships were made; not even Roush.

JUST remembered his name!! Jim Rodgers...

just cracks me up when the dealer throws a couple of $3 badges on a bone stock car and then raise the price a grand or few...

The third line in my post.

" owner didnt know who the dealer was that did it. "

I am aware it was not a sanctioned,approved or a condoned by Ford option,,however,it is a pretty car.
will try to get some pix today.

Dealers were told, in no uncertain terms, they were NOT TO TOUCH THE LS!!!

JUST remembered his name!! Jim Rodgers...

Curious LS4me, since you have been here since the beginning, where did this info come from? It is complete contradiction to the info I received from Lincoln Archive research in Detroit this year. I am not doubting you, but working for Disney, I know that things may be said/desired by a V. P. and then reality is different. I would like to track the validity of the information I got this year. If I cant take your lead and disprove my info, then since it is from the source (Detroit Lincoln) I will go with that as factual. Thanks for your help.

Curious LS4me, since you have been here since the beginning, where did this info come from? It is complete contradiction to the info I received from Lincoln Archive research in Detroit this year. I am not doubting you, but working for Disney, I know that things may be said/desired by a V. P. and then reality is different. I would like to track the validity of the information I got this year. If I cant take your lead and disprove my info, then since it is from the source (Detroit Lincoln) I will go with that as factual. Thanks for your help.

From Jim Rodgers' mouth at Lincoln's first of 4 sponsored LS events (the other 3 in Wixom). It was January 2001 at what was then Wild Waters Irvine. Back then Lincoln was part of PAG (with Aston Martin, Jaguar, Volvo & Mercury). Each marque had a floor of the 5-story PAG Headquarters in Irvine. I'm saddened every time I drive past the building as it is now Taco Bell's HQ. We got talks from the head suspension and transmission guys as well as Jim and another "suit" whose name and title escapes me. They also set up an autocross course for us to drive; with or without the provided 3 race car drivers (their names also escape me but they obviously weren't any big names). They also had 3 LSes and a special course where the drivers were giving rides. It was an all day affair and Lincoln provided lunch as well as a tent with things to keep the kiddies occupied. IIRC, there were about 25 LS owners in attendance. I will see if there's a video or tape somewhere...

Things changed in '03ish when Lincoln decided to kill the LS so all bets are off after that.

Hmmm, interesting history lesson. Glad you got to experience that live. It's interesting, the timing of it. I am still trying to dig to the bottom of all the facts about my LSC, and if you remember more names or even better have contacts for them that would be awesome. It is possible that both are factual. The LSC version was more than just a couple bucks of lettering and smack on some more profit. Its obvious some thought went into it, and cost. Tag added $1995 and there would be at least $1000 in parts and labor - albeit labor is profit for the most part. The LSC's would have been around here in Cali at the exact same time Mr. Rodgers was here then.

LSC - Luxury Sport Coupe
How is a four door (sedan) a coupe (two door)?

The simple/reasonable/logical explanation is that this was something that a dealer (with no factory support) or an owner did...
It's just a badge. What's the big deal?

The big deal is the history of our machines as they become rarer and rarer. Who did what and why. Thats what we (this forum) are about I thought, after all. Once all facts are known, then each can decide what is worthy of being historical information. For instance, the incorrect little badge off another vehicle - not so much if those pics are right. With the LSC I dont have it all yet, but I have enough to know there is a solid story there.

Yes I realize Coupe is two door. Probably why Lincoln's official manufactured version was Luxury Sport Edition.

Have a friend that put an SVT badge on trunk above the Lincoln badge.

The problem is the LS will never be a classic with any real value. Limited run, nothing in common with any other Ford outside the Lincoln name and 4-doors equals an orphan that makes the Edsel look like a huge sales success!!

I am still trying to dig to the bottom of all the facts about my LSC, and if you remember more names or even better have contacts for them that would be awesome. ......... Tag added $1995 and there would be at least $1000 in parts and labor........

What is your VIN?

Nothing special listed for that VIN.

Primary Features
Build Date: 22.03.2001
Vehicle Line: Lincoln LS
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Version: High Version
Engine: 3.9L Dohc EFI NA V8 Gas*HP
Transmission: 5 Spd Auto Trans NAAO 5R55N
Drive: LHD RWD
Axle Ratio: 3.31
Emission: California Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"USA"
Paint: Silver Frost

Midnight Black Interior
Grain
Sport
Less Fleet Related Items
Wixom Plant Build
U.S. Sales
Less Appearance Group
Less Cold Weather Group
With Memory Pack
Feature Content Group 1
With Smart Sense Pack
Less Luxury Package
Less Special Language Label
Owner Hand Book Pack
With Solar Tinted Windshield
Less Heated Windscreen
Front Floor Carpet Mats
Rear Floor Carpet Mats
Electrochromic Mirror With Compass
Driver Power Memory Heat Mirror
Pass Power Heated Memory Mirror
4 Door Saloon
With Front 2 Way Headrest
With Electric Driver Seat Recliner
With Electric Pass.Seat Recliner
With LH Electric Lumbar Support
With RH Electric Lumbar Support
With Split Fold-Down Rear Seat
With Integrated Rear Headrest
With Engine Oil Cooler
With Power Lock Group
With Automatic Windscreen Wiper
Less Headlamp Washer/Wiper
With Electric Slide Sunroof
Less Transit Coating
With Front Licence Plate Bracket
Less Tether Anchorage Restraint
With Mini Aluminium Spare Wheel
7.5X17" 5 Spoke Painted Alloy Wheel
P235/50VR17 A/S BSW Tyre
17" Mini Spare Tyre
Less Immersion Heater
Special Suspension
3.9L Dohc EFI NA V8 Gas*HP
With Anti-Spin Traction System
With Manual Shift Auto Trans
For Unleaded Fuel
Less Steering Column Lock
Leather Steering Wheel
With MPH/KMH Speedometer
Less Acoustical Warning System
With Message Centre
Less Emergency Call Button
With Perimeter Anti-Theft
With CDX6 Radio And 6 Disc Changer
Less CD Player
With NAAO Radio Frequency
With Deluxe Premium Sound System
Less Telephone
Less Daytime Running Lamps
Less Side Repeat Flashers
Less CP Prototype Build
Less Rear Fog Lamps
Less Headlamp Levelling
Less Battery Cut Off Relay
Silver Frost
Less B&A Control Codes Issue 030388
XW43-18B036-SB L/F SPG/SHK-2FS
XW43-18B036-SB R/F SPG/SHK-2FS
XW43-18W002-EB L/R SPG/SHK-2RE
XW43-18W002-EB R/R SPG/SHK-2RE
5 Spd Auto Trans NAAO 5R55N
Lincoln LS
High Version
(-)"A"
(-)"CDN"
(-)"TW"
(-)"RA"
(-)"GU"
(-)"BRN"
(-)"PA"
(-)"HK"

I know Joe thanks. You showed me that system before. Is that what you were going for Izzy, or do you have more info?

I know Joe thanks. You showed me that system before. Is that what you were going for Izzy, or do you have more info?

no more info. That's precisely what I was going for but I got busy here at work. If you have badging on your car that is LSC it was put there by an unscrupulous dealer or a PO. You have paperwork, from Lincoln/Ford, that says this is a special package that came on your LS? If so, can you post up some pictures?

no more info. That's precisely what I was going for but I got busy here at work. If you have badging on your car that is LSC it was put there by an unscrupulous dealer or a PO. You have paperwork, from Lincoln/Ford, that says this is a special package that came on your LS? If so, can you post up some pictures?

The ONLY possible thing he could have is a window sticker addendum from the selling dealer, since again, Ford never offered any of those "special editions".

Or a build sheet / WO from whoever did the "specialty" work.

i.e. i can take my Mustang to Roush and have pkg's applied...Not a factory job, but could have it done to spec.

Here you go. Third paragraph, says it twice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pq-0ycNMQGY3VJV29ST3R4OUE/view?usp=sharing

SO, I am currently trying to get history from the dealerships involved. I also need to get back to Vegas and see the salesman from my 2002 LSE. He talked about this anomaly when I bought it then. He will know something I am sure.

Damn timing chains holding me back!

2002 had a "Premium" model. It was a mixture of sport and non-sport parts plus basket-weave leather seating surfaces.

The ONLY possible thing he could have is a window sticker addendum from the selling dealer, since again, Ford never offered any of those "special editions".

Thanks Captain Obvious! :slap:

2003, a local Merc dealer in Bergen County, NJ, had a new Marauder on the floor with a 3/4 vinyl top.

I posted it on the Marauder forum (no pic), and took some heat. Some posters could not believe that a Marauder had a vinyl top. Some didn't believe that I even knew what a Marauder was!

Fortunately, someone went to the dealer, took a pic, and posted it.

Moral of the story, a dealer will do just about anything to move cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back