M112 on a Mark VIII

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about supercharging a Mark VIII. And from what I can tell it's straight forward - buy a lower, intake, bolt it up, and there ya' go. I've found a reasonably priced Eaton M112 but I'm having a hell of a time finding a lower intake for it - do they not need one or something? So if you have any information on this - please let me know. Also - I see a lot of people saying it won't work (maybe they're talking about the InTech?) using terminology like "B heads" and "C heads" - I have no idea what the hell that means. So if anyone could explain all this to me, I'd appreciate it!

Definitely need "c" heads for an Eaton... don't forget about a different front timing cover, pulley bridge, pullies, lower intake, intercooler, fuel fittings, moving the alternator, etc... I'm sure I'm leaving things out, but you get my drift, it's not as cut and paste as bolting it on top.

Definitely need "c" heads for an Eaton... don't forget about a different front timing cover, pulley bridge, pullies, lower intake, intercooler, fuel fittings, moving the alternator, etc... I'm sure I'm leaving things out, but you get my drift, it's not as cut and paste as bolting it on top.

See, I had no idea about any of this. What are "C" heads anyhow?

"B" heads are what the Mark VIII (and early Cobra) has, with the 2 intake ports per cylinder. "C" is single intake port per cylinder that the later Cobra, Aviator, Marauder got.

"B" heads are what the Mark VIII (and early Cobra) has, with the 2 intake ports per cylinder. "C" is single intake port per cylinder that the later Cobra, Aviator, Marauder got.

So it's a matter of airflow? Why wouldn't I be able to install a supercharger on "B" heads? Too strenuous on the engine?

The issue of the Eaton is the intake manifold to super charger adaption. "C" heads eliminate the problem.

The issue of the Eaton is the intake manifold to super charger adaption. "C" heads eliminate the problem.

I feel like that is very expensive. All in all - considering I'd be getting all of these parts used off ebay, how much would it end up costing me?

an eaton install runs about 3k for the blower parts, figure a grand or so to swap to c heads, and then you have to get it all in the car, plumbed, wired and tuned. plus things like, fuel pumps and whatnot.

so say, 5 to 6k or so? thats assuming you dont pay any labor.

If you're going to go through all of the trouble and spend the money, you may as well go Vortech centrifugal. It seems to me to be the most user friendly power adder on a Mark.

Members online

Back