Coyote in a Mark

dosMarkos8to's

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just watched a video of a mark with a 5.0 Coyote engine swap here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxA06dMZqds

No info given. Any one here done this swap. Would be great to know cost, necessary mods, trans. used etc. looks like there was a quick shot of a module on passenger side, maybe a stand alone ECM? This is in a '97-8 LSC. I have a '95 base and a '96 LSC....either one likely candidates for this swap? Where would be the best source for getting a good used engine?

Thanks,
DosMarkos

Last edited:
The issue is that the Coyote is CANBUS controlled meaning basically every single facet of the vehicle as it is expecting it to exist is required for the networks to properly work. I believe that Ford has begun releasing crate motor versions that have specially programmed ECMs that are stripped down so they can more easily be fitted to vehicles that weren't designed for it.

Just pulling a Coyote out of a wrecked F150 will be a nightmare and even out of wrecked vehicles these engines are still commanding huge prices.

Saw the prices when I went searching...$8-10K....arrrghh. Just such a pisser trying to even find someone willing AND able to rework a Mark engine, and just as expensive. Some times I think about selling all my 8's and buying an older 5.0 Mustang ...but then I'd be driving a car that's all over the roads. I haven't seen another 8 around here(central Texas)on the road in 3-4 months.
Wish I'd gotten into Marks when my body was more able to contort to the task of mechanicing!

He's a member of lod name mad1stgen
He may be on here too
There are also plenty of truck motors in the 2-3k range
And mustang ones seem to about 6k
That car is a 6 speed manual
Or you can use the 4r70w

I dunno, it's sacrilege for sure but you could get a 3.5 V6 Eco-boost way back in the engine compartment and they make pretty well whatever power you would like.

It's what I'd do with way too much money, that and a 4 speed as you are gonna have to change everything anyway. The crate motors have available computer harness setups.

Mad1stgen has done at least 1 coyote with a 6speed. I have been in the car. That may be his as he has a video on you tube. It is well executed. He is one of the most knowledgeable mark8ers out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mad1stgen has done at least 1 coyote with a 6speed. I have been in the car. That may be his as he has a video on you tube. It is well executed. He is one of the most knowledgeable mark8ers out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Is there a build thread on this somewhere?

Wow that is awesome! Always wondered if someone would do that swap! If there is a build thread someone plz post the link would love to see it. A 5.2 from a gt350 would unreal but this is already way cool!

Members online

No members online now.
Back