2004 lincoln Ls stock radio to stock gps

MBertrand98

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, first post on the website it seems to be pretty active compared to the others I have joined, anyway I recently purchased a Stock GPS to replace with my current stock radio, some connections seem to be the same but there's 2 others that I believe that are not fitting or something. Am I missing something here? Is there a certain module that these cars came with that I don't have? The first picture is the back of the radio that's in it, there are actually 4 square connections back there but only 3 are used in that radio, the GPS is on the right and only the top right connection and the top left connection fit, with the current connections in the car, the GPS radio did come with all the square connectors but they were cut and I don't really know what they do, if someone can explain that to me maybe I can tell car toys or someone what I need? Any help is appreciated!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, you are missing most of it. Also, while some of the connectors will fit, the pin-outs are wrong and you will cause damage to the headunit and the car.

Things you need at a minimum to add factory navigation are:
Nav head unit (The one thing you have)
Nav DVD drive unit (The display won't even light up without this. This is the "brains.")
DVD map disc (Need the map for it to work.)
Sub-woofer amp (You may already have this, if not, it is needed or there will be no lows.)
Sub-woofers x 2 (See above)
Four channel amp (There is no amp in the nav headunit, all other systems had the amp built-in.)
Multiple wiring harnesses (Some connectors will fit, but none have the right signal and power connections.)
GPS antenna (Should go without saying, connects to DVD drive unit.)

If you want voice control (factory systems have this) add:
Auto dimming mirror with factory microphone (used only on nav equipped cars)

If you want the steering wheel buttons to be labeled and work correctly add:
nav option steering wheel button assembly

If you want the full THX sound add:
THX door speakers (4)

If you search, this has been discussed a little. The factory system was good back in 2003-2006. However, it doesn't match what you can get from the aftermarket now.

Yes, you are missing most of it. Also, while some of the connectors will fit, the pin-outs are wrong and you will cause damage to the headunit and the car.

Things you need at a minimum to add factory navigation are:
Nav head unit (The one thing you have)
Nav DVD drive unit (The display won't even light up without this. This is the "brains.")
DVD map disc (Need the map for it to work.)
Sub-woofer amp (You may already have this, if not, it is needed or there will be no lows.)
Sub-woofers x 2 (See above)
Four channel amp (There is no amp in the nav headunit, all other systems had the amp built-in.)
Multiple wiring harnesses (Some connectors will fit, but none have the right signal and power connections.)
GPS antenna (Should go without saying, connects to DVD drive unit.)

If you want voice control (factory systems have this) add:
Auto dimming mirror with factory microphone (used only on nav equipped cars)

If you want the steering wheel buttons to be labeled and work correctly add:
nav option steering wheel button assembly

If you want the full THX sound add:
THX door speakers (4)

If you search, this has been discussed a little. The factory system was good back in 2003-2006. However, it doesn't match what you can get from the aftermarket now.

Golly sure wish I would of posed this before I bought that head unit, thanks for the info I guess I may just stick with the stock regular radio then and I guess try and sell the GPS head unit, I bought it for 80 do you think I can get my money back reselling it?

Golly sure wish I would of posed this before I bought that head unit, thanks for the info I guess I may just stick with the stock regular radio then and I guess try and sell the GPS head unit, I bought it for 80 do you think I can get my money back reselling it?

If it works you should get your money back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back