Doing Some Repairs - Help and Questions

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright - since I want to keep my car, I'd better do some repairs. When I first purchased my '95 Mark VIII I knew it had air suspension problems. The rear bags were old, and worn out. I recently purchased some bags from AM-Autoparts (I'd suggest them for parts, cheap and SUPER fast shipping) and I'm installing them tomorrow..well, later today. I've never replaced bags before, so I'd appreciate someone giving me instructions explained like I'm 5yrs. old - what to do, from start to finish. Also, recently my drivers side CV axle began clicking. I purchased one from Autopartskart (also would suggest them, super cheap, decent shipping) and have also never replaced one of these - so again, if someone could explain it to me from start to finish I'd appreciate it.

So, anyhow, I'm sure I could figure it out. But I'd appreciate some instructions on how to do the things I've mentioned. Thank you very much!

Begin with these two doc's...
slenoid_Страница_1.jpgslenoid_Страница_2.jpgslenoid_Страница_3.jpgslenoid_Страница_4.jpg
spring_Страница_1.jpgspring_Страница_2.jpg

slenoid_Страница_1.jpg

slenoid_Страница_2.jpg

slenoid_Страница_3.jpg

slenoid_Страница_4.jpg

spring_Страница_1.jpg

spring_Страница_2.jpg

Zac, you're going to have to search this site or Lincolns of Distinction for specifics because everything you need will be one place or another. Google it like you're starting from scratch and it will come up. I have only changed fronts and step by step was there five years ago for me. Be patient and assume no one else is out there because the newest Mark is now 18 years old. I am going to assume you'll need some big sockets for the drive axle and also a big flex handle to get it apart. Harbor Freight for $20 got me a 29 mm and a 20" bar, but that was for the front wheel bearing. This is not rocket science, you can do this. Go slow, support the car properly, and be safe at all times. There is a Strutmasters video on changing to their system which will give you a how-to for removal on YouTube. Good luck

Members online

Back