Enough Playing Around - Superchargering

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright - a stock Mark VIII is QUICK. Mine, personally, does 0-60mph in 6.5 seconds, it has a lot of customizations. It needs fixes, but engine wise (167k miles) it's perfect - no leaks, no loss of compression. So - I was looking at M-112 superchargers, but mines a '95 and has the intake in the very back. Not an intec (intech?), so - are there fitments/adaptations to fit my engine? Also..I really know nothing about superchargers - what do I need to buy to have my car supercharger ready? Thanks!

And get a pro charger instead of a vortech :)
To much work to put on a 112.
Kirk should have his vortech 97 mark at street machine nationals this weekend come see it.

This is kind of unrelated, but some good food for thought - 1996 was the first year that Lincoln began the Intech nomenclature for the four cam modular, which is still a Gen one car, with the throttle body up at the back, plug wires and coil packs, and all that other fun Gen one jazz. Where your engine cover (provided it's installed) reads "4.6L Four Cam V8", mine reads "32 Valve Intech V8". It's on the trunk lid in teensy letters as well, '96 only for first gens.

Is your post unrelated? Yes. Is it interesting? Hell yes. Neat little bit to know, mine is a 1995 as I mentioned is has 167k miles, but just rolled to 168k today - I drive it an unnessacary amount. How can't I? My dream car since I was 11. But my engine cover reads, "4.6L FOUR-CAM V8" and on the top says "MARK VIII". Here's a picture, if you're wondering why its so clean. This is why - every Monday I; wash the car, clean the interior and exterior windows, vacuum the interior, Amor-All the cheap BS plastic, check fluid levels, top off, check tire pressure and shine, then polish the engine. And stare at it all it's beautiful reflections, paint chips, dents and Bondo I never sanded off. Still - amazing machine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDwnHikAKl3/

So why aren't you ato street machine nationals
Right now

Because I don't live in Illinois, and I work tomorrow.Oh - and because my car isn't as bad ass as yours. Seriously, the rims on your red Mark? I'd kill a man for a set of those (I'd probably buy instead of murder).

I just fiberglass wrapped the stock intake tube with good results. To me and some others getting fantastic results these 1st gen cars do not need a cobra intake.

1732.jpg

1739.jpg

Street machine nationals are also in St Paul mn
7 mark's showed up on Saturday 2 supercharged on Kennedy bell (on top,twin screw) one vortech (in front, centrifical)
Also I switch wheels for the show what do you think

20160716_142904.jpg

20160716_142924_001.jpg

I wanted to comment on the 12 years as a car enthusiast but I just can't thing of a funny or nice way to say it. I really like the wheels slowmkviii but I still like chrome wheels best.

I wanted to comment on the 12 years as a car enthusiast but I just can't thing of a funny or nice way to say it. I really like the wheels slowmkviii but I still like chrome wheels best.

Well I appreciate you not hah. Wasn't until about 3-ish years ago I started to learn about how they work.

If you put a spacer in the sub frame you will clear the pulley and have no problems with the stock hood.

Never in my 12 years of being a car enthusiast have I seen a supercharger like that. I guess I was talking..top mounted superchargers?

You have never seen a centrifugal supercharger before? lol They are by far and away the most common for aftermarket blowing. Its the better way to go on a Mark because you can add an inercooler. A twin screw or roots style is more fun due to the instant torque but there are no intercooler provisions for them and positive displacement blowers are just big heat pumps. Centrifugal allows for more power and boost and are more effecient as well. That being said, having all the power at 1200 RPM with a twin screw is just so intoxicating. Just wish I had the skills to fabricate an intercooler.
As an alternative you can swap to C heads and do a Cobra setup and have a crap ton of fun.

Here was my last real Mark build. Car was just a spectacular machine and I miss the hell out of it.

IMGP1769.jpg

I was 1.61s and 1.62s 60' on the footbrake with a centrifugal with stall behind it. I'm hooked on centris. On E85 my meth tank has slowed to a crawl .....with no intercooler at all up front and the car has zero knock. There is a LOT of top mount cars with my power or more that can't touch my launch. I raced a Hellcat at the track too and he had a 1.72 to my 1.61 with 630rwhp in his car with the blower on top.

Members online

No members online now.
Back