Might Be For Sale!

MooJohn

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet. If/when it is, I'll put it in the classifieds section.

A few weeks ago I noticed a noise during deceleration that sounds like a whine, like a bad differential. It goes away under even the slightest of acceleration though. I'm going to let the mechanic go over it to see exactly what the cause is. If it's worth fixing, I'll do that and then put the car up for sale. If it isn't, I'll let it go locally for a grand or so. I'm just worried it could be a cheap part but expensive labor. Even in great shape these barely fetch $2k, but it's the best looking $2k car you'll ever see on craigslist :D

I've needed a windshield for a year - it cracked last summer when I washed the car. The rear passenger door handle quit working - first the outside, then the inside too. I bought a new one but haven't installed it yet.

The unknown noise was the last straw. I had the transmission rebuilt & new torque converter 1.5 years and 6k miles ago for $3k. Then it was a new fuel pump (whole assembly). Never had a single issue out of the air suspension. Tires are great. GA means no rust. The nav unit will be removed (and replaced with another double-DIN Kenwood) but the HID headlight retrofit and LED tails stay. I hate to bail but I really need a reliable car these days.

I've already bought a replacement -- a 2013 Sonata turbo. Not as comfy but it really delivers on the fun side, and it gets 34 mpg highway. Mods to it begin shortly :D

not sure yet

Not sure yet. If/when it is, I'll put it in the classifieds section.

A few weeks ago I noticed a noise during deceleration that sounds like a whine, like a bad differential. It goes away under even the slightest of acceleration though. I'm going to let the mechanic go over it to see exactly what the cause is. If it's worth fixing, I'll do that and then put the car up for sale. If it isn't, I'll let it go locally for a grand or so. I'm just worried it could be a cheap part but expensive labor. Even in great shape these barely fetch $2k, but it's the best looking $2k car you'll ever see on craigslist :D

I've needed a windshield for a year - it cracked last summer when I washed the car. The rear passenger door handle quit working - first the outside, then the inside too. I bought a new one but haven't installed it yet.

The unknown noise was the last straw. I had the transmission rebuilt & new torque converter 1.5 years and 6k miles ago for $3k. Then it was a new fuel pump (whole assembly). Never had a single issue out of the air suspension. Tires are great. GA means no rust. The nav unit will be removed (and replaced with another double-DIN Kenwood) but the HID headlight retrofit and LED tails stay. I hate to bail but I really need a reliable car these days.

I've already bought a replacement -- a 2013 Sonata turbo. Not as comfy but it really delivers on the fun side, and it gets 34 mpg highway. Mods to it begin shortly :D

hey there , i hope if you do sell it , you have another , or stay on the forum , you always have good suggestions , advice , and lots of experience

drew

Members online

No members online now.
Back