What did you do to your LS today?

Wwhhhhooo " I can see clearly now the cloudiness is gonneee"

cbe9805b80f0294f29a9ff469038b690.jpg
691462328db9f03ece23b520edcc295e.jpg

7e27e1f8bad08045d4ce4d028120ca69.jpg

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

Sure, just got to get back home, still on the road hauling more lick-her again. They appear thirsty in my town. I'll get a pic up end if weekend but they are not on the LS and won't be until I get them slightly tinted and trying to find some real two tone outers first Gen or may just use second Gen outers. Should see the amount of lenses in my collection. I pull them at the yards for 19.95 a set.
Wwhhhhooo " I can see clearly ....

Hey wait, that's a song! A very old song! Must post YouTube song video to go with the, another one bites the dust.... BTW some different grade sandpaper, water and buffing compound on an orbital would have fixed that. Unless they were leakers.

More puddles under your LS? When are you going to get past that cooling system issue?

More puddles under your LS? When are you going to get past that cooling system issue?
When I mount up the money for the parts and saddle that horse and ride it into the cool side of town. Until then, the lady sits as she is. It only leaks when the belt moves from the actuator. So, sitting it won't leak, but a running car will have it leaking.

Haven't had a temp spike in a few weeks nor boiling coolant with driving g place to place traffic no traffic, and through the city stop n go. I'm not saying I'm putting it off, but I'm def working out more cost-less stuff.

Foreshadowing my upcoming post. : )

>>>. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...419-2001-Lincoln-LS8-in-Virginia-(757)/page16 <<<

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

Did the brake refresh last night on the 04 LSE

2.jpg

R1 Concepts and new pads all around.

[COMPLETE KIT] Black Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors & Ceramic Brake Pads CBX.6109002

cleaned up the calipers and brackets, ready for paint.

2.jpg

Dropped down the headliner on the driver's side rear to access the radio antenna isolator module and associated connections. The AM radio has been intermittently dropping stations specially after going over bumps. A few years back the dealer "fixed" the antenna connector to the module but when I went to check it, it fell apart in my hands - the repair and crimps were done poorly. I repaired the connection to the cable by soldering the wire to the center post of the connector and also crimping and soldering the ground to the connector's collar. Reassembled and AM has good reception now, specially on stations above 1000.

Did the brake refresh last night on the 04 LSE

attachment.php

R1 Concepts and new pads all around.

[COMPLETE KIT] Black Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors & Ceramic Brake Pads CBX.6109002

cleaned up the calipers and brackets, ready for paint.

the image attached isn't showing on mine... maybe just me

So here's what I'll be doing as time permits.

* The hose is the power steering high pressure hose. Replacing that is a bit of a challenge as I had to remove the PS pump in order to get to the hose nut on the pump. Still not sure how I'm gonna get it back in without damaging the hose.
* On the shock box are the two new ES sway bar bushings and the collars to fix them in place. They'll be going on a new style sway bar from which I removed the old bonded bushings.
* Some Mercon ATF for the PS.
* A set of 4 wheel locks. This is strange - the car has some 'OZ' wheels on it which look quite nice. I dont like wheel locks but I dont like my wheels stolen either. I bought these because when I came out of a movie theatre a few weeks ago, I noticed one chrome lug nut missing from each of the passenger side wheels. Strange. Did they just want the chrome lug nuts? Or were they planning to jack it up and take both the wheels? Who knows but I want to make it harder to get the wheels. I have spare lug nuts.
* a can of mobil 1 syth grease
* an air filter k&n style that came with the car that I am going to replace the stock airbox with.

So this should keep me busy and greasy for the near future.

I was finally able to finish the job of replacing the Ford better idea bonded sway bar bushings with ES bushings and collars as per Deaconblue's writeup. Used Mobil 1 Synth lube to grease the new ESes. It took me weeks instead of hours due to an illness and weather and having another car and ... laziness I guess. But it's done and it quieted the car somewhat. Still some noises I'd like to track down. Also I tried to add a 'Thanks' to deaconblue's writeup but for some reason it didn't stick. Here's a pic of the tool stack I had to use to get to the troublesome forward passenger-side sway bar bushing bolt:

IMG_0910 small.jpg

I was able to install a new power steering high pressure hose and it looks successful - don't see any leaks. My worry about bleeding that system went away as some lock-to-lock turns of the wheel as was suggested to me seems to have distributed fluid all thru the system. Had to pull the pressure switch off my 2001 red manual on jackstands cause I could not get the switch off the old hose. Ordered a new switch from rockauto. I put mercon V in the PS system.

Put a wheelock on each wheel.

I will try that airbox soon.

Took it out for a test drive thru some nearby twisties using SST mode like a manual and hearing the engine/magnaflow noise just brought back the old LS grin.

When I saw fabrizio's recent message about his ball joint though I realized this car with 193K miles may need new lowers. I know PO did uppers, gotta check about lowers. Also outer tie rods are ugly. Anyway if it ain't one thing it's another but the grin is worth it.

IMG_0910 small.jpg

Just got back from a muffler shop having the new Magnaflow replacement tips added to the wife's 03 LS. Mufflers were still in good shape.

SS muffler to some regular steal pipe then some more SS tips, don't hold up very well. It had rusted up within 2 years, lost two perfectly good tips and one hanger let go.

All replaced with all Stainless coming off the back of the Magnaflow Mufflers, new hangers, new tips tacked on.

Looks good again. 80$ labor and replacement tips were 200+ from Hotexhausts.com

Next time she loses expensive tailpipe tips, she can go back on the highway and find them! (with a flash light is need be)

Just got back from a muffler shop having the new Magnaflow replacement tips added to the wife's 03 LS. Mufflers were still in good shape.

SS muffler to some regular steal pipe then some more SS tips, don't hold up very well. It had rusted up within 2 years, lost two perfectly good tips and one hanger let go.

All replaced with all Stainless coming off the back of the Magnaflow Mufflers, new hangers, new tips tacked on.

Looks good again. 80$ labor and replacement tips were 200+ from Hotexhausts.com

Next time she loses expensive tailpipe tips, she can go back on the highway and find them! (with a flash light is need be)

you know damn well you'll be the one out there with the flashlight!!!

My most redneck moment was being upset someone stole my glasspack that fell off my 66 Fury..... It fell off (was test fitting and it wasn't snug enough), went home to grab some gloves, came back... GONE... who steals a cherry bomb!!!!

(I was 17...fyi)

View attachment 828476055

Two tone Euro first GEN inner tails

~ LOOKING TO BUY SOME OUTERS ~

willing to pay large dollars! PM me if interested in selling.

This is another one of those things that I did not realize that are different between the Gen I and Gen II until I was out washing the car this afternoon. I always knew the shape of the inners were different, but didn't realize that the Gen II had the smoked clear turn signals (or at least the Sort models?) while the Gen I were all red.

Dumb question - wouldn't it be easier to swap to the Gen II truck lid and then just use the Gen II tail lights than to try and track down the Gen I Euro tail lights? Or is there a problem with the Gen I bumper cover or something else that will not allow you to use the Gen II truck lid on a Gen I car?

This is another one of those things that I did not realize that are different between the Gen I and Gen II until I was out washing the car this afternoon. I always knew the shape of the inners were different, but didn't realize that the Gen II had the smoked clear turn signals (or at least the Sort models?) while the Gen I were all red.

Dumb question - wouldn't it be easier to swap to the Gen II truck lid and then just use the Gen II tail lights than to try and track down the Gen I Euro tail lights? Or is there a problem with the Gen I bumper cover or something else that will not allow you to use the Gen II truck lid on a Gen I car?

The trunk "lights" aren't lights; they're reflectors.

Yes, trying to transplant 2nd gen trunk lights would require the lights, trunk lid, license plate surround and bumper... At least.

you know damn well you'll be the one out there with the flashlight!!!

LOL, so true!

... wouldn't it be easier to swap to the Gen II truck lid and then just use the Gen II tail lights than to try and track down the Gen I Euro tail lights? Or is there a problem with the Gen I bumper cover or something else that will not allow you to use the Gen II truck lid on a Gen I car?

On top of what LS4me just added, the retrofit would then also need a 15yr old paint match. Which is always guaranteed to be slightly off.
Another option as they are being slightly tinted, I could simply use 2nd GEN outers they'd just be missing the ribs in the lens structure.

I could also sit on them for a while ... like others short of a complete set.

Members online

Back