Replaced my LS with a car

<shrugs> Ok! didn't mean to make you do any work.

My Ol got a corolla,,toyo.

bot it new,,well over 100K now with just oil changes..

tells me about 38mpg + on trips..

got winter tires and summer tires,,,still on first set.

Telco---

I've always enjoyed our back-'n'-forth and am sorry at your news. Stop in anon and keep us up to date. I, for one, will always be happy to tell you what you've been missing.:)

KS

not to worry though. Man does not live by appliance alone.

new%20charger%201.gif

new%20charger%203.gif

new%20charger%202.gif

new%20charger%204.gif

new%20charger%205.gif

this car accelerates at part throttle faster than the ls did flat out. At full throttle it just flies. Of course, 1.8 more liters and 3 more gears will do that for you. No idea on mileage yet as so far we've test driven the car, then drove it home. Others on a dodge forum say they see anywhere from 20 to 27mpg depending upon whether they dog the car out all the time or drive it nice and easy. Drives nice though, we like it a lot.

hhheeeeemmmmiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK folks, thanks for everything. Good luck with your cars, you'll need it. I still say to those who want to keep them long term, pick up a couple of LSs you can use for spare parts for when they are no longer available. If you have the room, get a transport container to store them in. You can probably get 4-5 LSs into a 20 footer, if you strip them to the shell and store the parts. A decent 20 footer is about 2 grand or so.

On my Charger, it's pretty much the way I want it now. About the only things I plan to do is figure out how to get a CD player in, and install a remote radar detector. I also plan to replace the black bumper cover with a body match cover. Oh, and I'll be getting tuning software for it. Can't not have tuning software!

I may pop in a couple more times over the next few weeks just so BigRig doesn't have to go cold turkey, but this is pretty much good-bye.

what is this "CD" that you are talking about wanting to play?

as far as keeping buying a bunch of LS to keep them on the road, that is just silly, most of what is going to break is going to be wear items and will likely also be bad on cheap junker LS that one would buy to fill a shipping container, let alone the waste of money that would cost...

if something breaks, I will continue to do what I do now, but what can be bought, and then find anything else I may need online even if that part is not cheap, its gonna be cheaper than buying whole cars and a shipping container to keep them in.

I'll bet you can find him on a Charger board...

Tell me something? Do you buy cars you don't like, then hold onto them for several years and during ownership get on forums of said vehicle and bitch over and over again all day about how terrible it is and how you can't wait to get rid of it ... maybe drag it out a few year just for fun?

Hmmm? See me ... I'd have it listed in the following week's Uncle Henry’s Swap or Sell It Guide.

Tell me something? Do you buy cars you don't like, then hold onto them for several years and during ownership get on forums of said vehicle and bitch over and over again all day about how terrible it is and how you can't wait to get rid of it ... maybe drag it out a few year just for fun?

well I was a pretty active member of AVIC411 while having one of the most frustrating navigation systems I have seen... regardless of how bad it was, I was able to use the site to make it better. kinda the same thing?

well I was a pretty active member of AVIC411 while having one of the most frustrating navigation systems I have seen... regardless of how bad it was, I was able to use the site to make it better. kinda the same thing?

Not the same. Lincoln has NO interest in the LS either as something to do again or as anything other than a business failure. They lost interest almost as soon as the '03 refresh. Back in the day Lincoln did monitor the LLSOC board and listened to members (ergo the '03 improvements). They were excited that there was enough interest in one of their cars that the owners started a club. That excitement died after the suits moved on. The VeeP of Marketing actually came out here to promote the '03 introduction. Now, they couldn't care less about owner enthusiasm. All they care about now is (like before the introduction of the LS) selling FWD appliances (rebadged Fords) to Blue Hairs.

There's a reason I no longer drive a domestic model. We will keep my wife's LS until I can no longer repair it and then we'll move on.

What could have been........

what does the suits at Ford have to do with Telco coming on here to complain about his Lincoln that he has and was not happy with?

what does the suits at Ford have to do with Telco coming on here to complain about his Lincoln that he has and was not happy with?

Nothing.... It was about the comparison of Pioneer listening to criticism from its users and Lincoln not caring. Telco was probably the biggest critic; what with his advanced engineering degree and all...

Damn, y'alls a buncha bitches! Popped in to see what was posted after I left and it was like a bunch of little kids taunting the schoolyard bully once they decided he was out of earshot.

Nevertheless, I still won't throw a wobbler even if some of you are. Not even going to badmouth the LS on other boards. No, I didn't like the car but that was only because I could see all that it could have been. Yes, I kept it about 2 years longer than I wanted to, but the car did help me get my little slice of heaven ready to live at. The 15 grand I would have spent on car payments paid for my utilities and septic to go in, which is pretty expensive when you're a long way from the street.

Still and all though, it's been fun. This time though, I'm not posting here again. Good luck to you all, even if you don't wish me the same.

Oh, and same to you! :p

Nothing.... It was about the comparison of Pioneer listening to criticism from its users and Lincoln not caring.

but it wasn't pioneers forum... pioneer wasn't listening in to improve their units, in fact the official product updates didn't even address most of the major bugs, and a lot of them stuck around for years in subsequent models. however it was all due to the hacker and code junkies that tore into the firmware and made major modifications to it even replacing some of pioneers software with other manufactures that actually made it a much better unit.

honestly, pioneer seemed to care about it about as much as Lincoln cared about the LS. sometimes I wish our cars were running windows in the back ground and some of our members were able to rewrite some of our problems out of it!

but it wasn't pioneers forum... pioneer wasn't listening in to improve their units, in fact the official product updates didn't even address most of the major bugs, and a lot of them stuck around for years in subsequent models. however it was all due to the hacker and code junkies that tore into the firmware and made major modifications to it even replacing some of pioneers software with other manufactures that actually made it a much better unit.

honestly, pioneer seemed to care about it about as much as Lincoln cared about the LS. sometimes I wish our cars were running windows in the back ground and some of our members were able to rewrite some of our problems out of it!

In that case my mistake.... Sorry...

I tried a couple days ago to replace my LS.
thought i would wait for a reasonable time of morning to call,,i was to late by an hour :(

00I0I_6e0Dp5yybk2_600x450.jpg

00I0I_6e0Dp5yybk2_600x450.jpg

Not the same. Lincoln has NO interest in the LS either as something to do again or as anything other than a business failure. They lost interest almost as soon as the '03 refresh. Back in the day Lincoln did monitor the LLSOC board and listened to members (ergo the '03 improvements). They were excited that there was enough interest in one of their cars that the owners started a club. That excitement died after the suits moved on. The VeeP of Marketing actually came out here to promote the '03 introduction. Now, they couldn't care less about owner enthusiasm. All they care about now is (like before the introduction of the LS) selling FWD appliances (rebadged Fords) to Blue Hairs.

There's a reason I no longer drive a domestic model. We will keep my wife's LS until I can no longer repair it and then we'll move on.

What could have been........

Hey - my wife's hair is not blue!

Members online

Back