What did you do to your LS today?

^ Telco, what's up with this, I've seen it here and there in a few threads now, are you losing it or did I miss something?

Personally myself if it was a 30mm diameter Sport model sway bar, on a 2nd GEN I would have cut the brackets and bushings off, replaced with 1st GEN brackets from a scrap yard LS, re-installed with new Jaguar Rein #XR819697 30mm bushings from FCP Euro and been done with it.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I've only actually ever done the bushings on my 1st GEN, so I'm just thinking out loud on a 2nd GEN. On my imaginary drawing board it makes sense at least.

I'm just not real big on opening/disturbing A/C lines if I don't have to.

Personally myself if it was a 30mm diameter Sport model sway bar, on a 2nd GEN I would have cut the brackets and bushings off, replaced with 1st GEN brackets from a scrap yard LS, re-installed with new Jaguar Rein #XR819697 30mm bushings from FCP Euro and been done with it.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I've only actually ever done the bushings on my 1st GEN, so I'm just thinking out loud on a 2nd GEN. On my imaginary drawing board it makes sense at least.

I'm just not real big on opening/disturbing A/C lines if I don't have to.

I've got a set of those Jaguar bushings, bought at your suggestion, here at the house. I have a Getrag 2001 sport with the larger diam sway bar to install them on. I got the ES bushings and some collars for this 2000 non-spoort with a Gen 2 sway bar. It's almost out and I wont be disconnecting any AC lines. I just dont want to be running a dremel under there in those tight quarters. Just dont trust me or the tool. What's with the wire on the brackets?

Do you know what bolt the DVD is referring t in my question above?

I wish I could find a sale on Mobil 1 like you did. I've got some oil changing to do as well.

Love those black rotors you bought too.

And I agree on the tick tock posts. WTH?

... What's with the wire on the brackets?

The wiring was used to hang them up while painting. They were soda blasted as well.

... Do you know what bolt the DVD is referring t in my question above?

No, sorry I don't, I have to reinstall my shop repair manual on this computer still.

... I wish I could find a sale on Mobil 1 like you did. I've got some oil changing to do as well.

3 day red tag sale at one of our big box office stores. Noticed it in a flyer to the house, got lucky. Should have bought more.

... And I agree on the tick tock posts. WTH?

I think he's close to selling his LS

... Had ordered some new FOB's for my 04 LSE and 01 LS, FCC ID's all matched up should make for easy programming.

Doh! ... 1st GEN fob programming not possible, scan tool dealer visit, dummy me, should have 'read-up-on-it' ... at least the new outer casing looks good.

Put the V8 LS up on the rack and (1)made sure all the suspension bolts and nuts, exhaust and steering parts were tight.
(2) Changed the set of 16" rims and tires from my 04 V6 onto my 03 V8,trying for better ride,plus the tread is way better.
(3) Checked all brake pads on both cars front and rear.
(4) Drained out some antifreeze and added enough pure Motorcraft Gold to bring it to 60/40.
Results of inspection: Looks like rear brake pads maybe 20K left. Outer tie rod ends next 10-20K or so also. Rear toe links,pretty soon,but they aren't loose. The 17" tires I put on V6 rear are down to the wear bars. don-ohio :)^)

^ Telco, what's up with this, I've seen it here and there in a few threads now, are you losing it or did I miss something?

tick tock... tick tock... tick tock.. tick tock. tick tock Tick Tock TIckTOck TICkTOCk TICK TOCK TICKTOCK TICKTOCKTICKTOCKTICKTICKTOCKTICKTOCKTICKTOCK BOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!

Joy to the World,
My ELL ESS is gone!
Let BigRig,
Rejoice!
It's gone!

Traded it off today. Boom. Gone. I'll start a separate thread later.

tick tock... tick tock... tick tock.. tick tock. tick tock Tick Tock TIckTOck TICkTOCk TICK TOCK TICKTOCK TICKTOCKTICKTOCKTICKTICKTOCKTICKTOCKTICKTOCK BOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!

Joy to the World,
My ELL ESS is gone!
Let BigRig,
Rejoice!
It's gone!

Traded it off today. Boom. Gone. I'll start a separate thread later.

So it finally happened! Nice! .... ok, let's tally this up, who had what on April 27th?

I've got a set of those Jaguar bushings, bought at your suggestion, here at the house. I have a Getrag 2001 sport with the larger diam sway bar to install them on. I got the ES bushings and some collars for this 2000 non-spoort with a Gen 2 sway bar. It's almost out and I wont be disconnecting any AC lines. I just dont want to be running a dremel under there in those tight quarters. Just dont trust me or the tool. What's with the wire on the brackets?

So I had to use a dremel under the car after all. I could not get that sway bar with bushings and brackets on it out of the car. Removed left spring/shock and pushed knuckle way over but it ended up that right side bush/bkt would not fit by all it's obstructions. So I dremelled off the left side while sitting in a chair. Then I had to get down on the crawler and dremel off the right side. It was difficult and a bit scary under there with sparks flying all over trying to keep the dremel in place and fingers out of the way and eyes protected. It was as hairy an experience as I feared it would be. But it's done. And if I EVER have to do this again, I will bite the dremel bullet and follow Deaconblue's plan to the letter. It will be quicker. It still remains for me to install the ES bushings and the hold tight collars and put the thing back together including a new PS pressure hose whose nipple I damaged sadly. BTW - $18.26 at rockauto, $254 at FPG. What gives? Maybe I'll find out...? Also gonna flush the PS system and the hydraulic fan system while I'm under there. Put in new Mercon 5. Here's some showing the fruits of my labor. On the left is what's left of the driver side stuff. It was easy to get to so I went postal on it. On the right is the passenger side. Tougher to get to underneath and a bigger PIA to force off the sway bar. Last is a before and after of the single dremel blade I used to destroy the driver side bushing/bracket.

Oh and thanks to DeaconBlue, Joegr and all who helped with this.

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

... Oh and thanks to DeaconBlue, Joegr and all who helped with this.

Ah yes, how quick the BigRig is forgotten.

I'm kidding ... glad you got it out, work smart not hard. Cut it out. Every good man should own a sawzall also. Medium sized air compressor with associated air tools don't hurt either.

Good luck with the rest, couple of drops of oil on the bolts as you reinstall them would smooth them in. Try and clean any build up off the bar where the bushings sit and a dab of crease around it wouldn't hurt any. The PS brackets and bushings are serviceable I recall. I removed mine and replaced with the Jaguar Rein bushings.

Ah yes, how quick the BigRig is forgotten.

I'm kidding ... glad you got it out, work smart not hard. Cut it out. Every good man should own a sawzall also. Medium sized air compressor with associated air tools don't hurt either.

Good luck with the rest, couple of drops of oil on the bolts as you reinstall them would smooth them in. Try and clean any build up off the bar where the bushings sit and a dab of crease around it wouldn't hurt any. The PS brackets and bushings are serviceable I recall. I removed mine and replaced with the Jaguar Rein bushings.

Sorry to neglect to mention you, Mr Big. You definitely had some good advice and help as well. I do access to a sawzall, but it's my wifes! And it's battery operated. Igave it to her as a birthday present. Came in a home depot sale package with 3 other battery operated tools. This year she asked for and got a chain saw. She's quite a gal and still uses the ladies room!

I will clean it all up. Drops of oil good, but what about some loctite? Cause 1 of the 4 bolts was a bit loose. I also either need to use loctite on many lock nuts that procedures say to discard and replace. Found I can get replacement lock nuts at local Ace but their mean price is about $1 depending on size.

Loktite is almost always a good idea. Blue is what I normally use, red is what you want to use when never want that bolt to come off again.

Finally found the cause of my months long, sporadic coolant loss (never, ever overheated according to either the gauge or coolant temp readings)
==> DCCV - replaced 2.5-3 years ago with a brand new FoMoCo part. Can Bosch make this so save their lives?!

Also replaced front upper + lower control arms (bushings were shot), front sway bar bushings and rear links, all new FoMoCo parts.

Rides like a go-kart now, which is nice given the $$$ I just sunk into it.

Mud flaps !!

Washed before i left but,,,,puddles on the way out the drive to the garage showed why i need them..

Will wash and see how they work.

Lot's of advantages living out in the woods but a 1/2 mile long dirt road aint one of them ! :)

MVC-636F.JPG

MVC-636F.JPG

Mud flaps !!

Washed before i left but,,,,puddles on the way out the drive to the garage showed why i need them..

Will wash and see how they work.

Lot's of advantages living out in the woods but a 1/2 mile long dirt road aint one of them ! :)

View attachment 828475845

They won't do much of anything about keeping mud and water off. They will, however, help keep rock impacts from damaging the paint.

They won't do much of anything about keeping mud and water off. They will, however, help keep rock impacts from damaging the paint.

I guess any help is a plus eh ???

it was oem or large AM that would look like gull wings flappin in the breeze !! LOL

Decided to do a little DIY bodywork, get this 04 LSE cleaned up a bit.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Started raining a little, will have to get back to it some other day.
Have a couple small spots of corrosion on the drivers side aluminum front lower fender where the door begins.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Decided to do a little DIY bodywork, get this 04 LSE cleaned up a bit.

View attachment 828475865

View attachment 828475866

View attachment 828475867

View attachment 828475868

View attachment 828475869

View attachment 828475870

Started raining a little, will have to get back to it some other day.
Have a couple small spots of corrosion on the drivers side aluminum front lower fender where the door begins.

Ah, summer. The warmest week of the year in Canada.

Members online

Back