LSE Tails and SF Pics

xford

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Installed the LSE Tails with LED's purchased from HDDave (thanks again HD!). Side by side comparison:
4295988e-2126-48cb-956b-b1202e8ccc35.jpg

Took a road trip to SF for a wedding - could not resist a few pics at Battery Park w/ the Golden Gate:cool:
IMG_0034201.jpg
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0041201.jpg

20160424_074717.jpg
da21d52e-f492-4924-a1e1-c70f7a0bc511.jpg

Just might be the classiest LS out there! Its what the 2007+ should have looked like!

Looking good! ( i was wondering who picked those up) I love my LSE tails, yours look great on there.

-dev

P.S.
Also just a quick thought, on my last car ('15 Audi A3) I swapped the S3 exhaust onto it for sound, but it also has different tips than the A3. They are oval tips kind of like yours, but they have a slight angle and contour to the outer edge. I was looking at your rear shot and thought maybe it something you would be interested in! The stock 2015+ S3 and 2015+ Golf .:R use the same tips, and there are a ton of guys who upgrade their stock setups so my guess is they would be readily available. (I also have part #'s so you can do a OEM parts search too) Here is a pic I took before I sold mine, wish I still had them I would send them to you for nothing. Like I said, the angle might match teh rear LS bumper a bit better and look more flush. Yours do not look bad, so please dont misinterpret my post as "Hey fix your tips" :D

18742823454_b00e88282b_z.jpg

Slight idea of the angle here relative to a curved valence
19449279008_61e01f4f7c_z.jpg

OEM Audi S3 tip info:

8V0.253.826C
3.5' long, 2.9" tall (oval)
Inlet OD - 2.35" round.
Weight: 1.5lb each

Looking good! ( i was wondering who picked those up) I love my LSE tails, yours look great on there.

-dev

P.S.
Also just a quick thought, on my last car ('15 Audi A3) I swapped the S3 exhaust onto it for sound, but it also has different tips than the A3. They are oval tips kind of like yours, but they have a slight angle and contour to the outer edge. I was looking at your rear shot and thought maybe it something you would be interested in! The stock 2015+ S3 and 2015+ Golf .:R use the same tips, and there are a ton of guys who upgrade their stock setups so my guess is they would be readily available. (I also have part #'s so you can do a OEM parts search too) Here is a pic I took before I sold mine, wish I still had them I would send them to you for nothing. Like I said, the angle might match teh rear LS bumper a bit better and look more flush. Yours do not look bad, so please dont misinterpret my post as "Hey fix your tips" :D

OEM Audi S3 tip info:

8V0.253.826C
Inlet OD - 2.35" round.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Dev - appreciate the feedback - my tips are Magnaflow and the angle match is better than you might guess from the pics. When I had them added long ago went to a very professional shop in the Bay Area and we did a few test fitments. The challenge, at the time, was if they were inset more the owner of the shop felt I would likely get some noticeable trace soot above the tails due to the white paint. The Audi tips might be thinner top to bottom which would potentially have the effect of snugging it up a bit which might be good visually...Here is a close up side shot

20160428_122012.jpg

20160428_122012.jpg

Looks great! I'm glad they went to a good "home"!

What about the clear lens'es besides the plate ??

the all red taillights would interrupt the visual continuity designed by the all knowing engineers !!

What about the clear lens'es besides the plate ??

the all red taillights would interrupt the visual continuity designed by the all knowing engineers !!

They didn't design based on visual continuity. They designed based on gummint regs...

All red looks better, and it's easier to find light bulbs for besides. Had 2-3 bad blinkers on my old LS and finding the yellow bulbs was a pain every time.

I have never not seen amber 3157s and 3156s in the bulb rack... Additionally, dual-filament '57s will fit in '56 sockets

Must be nice. I had to hit several stores to find them, each time. I'm SOOO happy that's not a problem I have anymore.

I'm SOOO happy that's not a problem I have anymore.

better hope your new (good for lifetime but not covered under warranty) tail lights don't start to burn out after only a year or two...

charger tail.jpg

cause thats a real hard one to find... and it cost about $400

charger tail.jpg

Won't be an issue, but I appreciate the warning. I didn't dump my LS because I couldn't afford to keep it up, I dumped it because I didn't like it.

Luckily for LS fans, the cars are now selling for around 1000 to 2000 dollars in decent shape. Now's the time to stock up on a few spare parts cars to keep yours running, because it won't be much longer until you're spending days researching used parts you need to get something fixed, or trying to find someone willing to refurbish your existing broken part.

The dealer who took mine said he'd probably put 2500 on it, and really the only things it needed was the seat covers redone ($2000.00), the rear brake pads and rotors replaced ($150.00), the radiator replaced ($200.00), the COPs and plugs replaced ($350.00), and the rear end rebuilt ($1000.00). That's $3700.00 which means I picked up my Toyota free of charge, vs fixing all that and then trading it off with it not being worth a red cent more. The prices are local to me (I checked), with me doing all work except the rear end rebuild and the seat recovering. This does not cover the random broken or breaking bits on the car, of which there were many.

-dev

P.S.

OEM Audi S3 tip info:

8V0.253.826C
Inlet OD - 2.35" round.

Well, would ya like to slide those my way? lol.. I'm in the market for some tips.

man... Sentas, pearl, and the 06 front end, LS's really dont get much better than that look right there! damn good if I might say so.

almost makes me want to get a 3rd LS...

...almost.

Oh? you have two LS'es Loud1? or currently none and thinking about getting another one? as in your third?

no as in I had a 1st gen, I have a 2nd gen, and if I was to ever own another one (with or without keeping the 03) it would be an 06.

Well, would ya like to slide those my way? lol.. I'm in the market for some tips.

Kid - I no longer have them, I sold them. But as I mentioned, they are prob easy to come by from the AduiS3/MK7 Golf R crowd as lots of those guys are upgrading. (the S4's and new TT's also use these tips)

Members online

No members online now.
Back