Replaced my LS with a car

Telco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Traded it off today. Got another car. I like it as it suits my needs better than the LS.

Normally I would post and say thanks and disappear, but I think that BigRig wouldn't be able to handle it if I just quit posting. Instead, I'll kinda phase out.

No worries though, I won't go low-class and throw a wobbler on the way out like a lot of folks do. I may not like the LS, but I know you folks do and even though we don't see eye to eye on the car, you're mostly a bunch of good folks.

Sniff sniff you are missing us already! Great deal on departing with your not well enjoyed Lincoln LS. I mean it's not like you enjoyed it much but mostly kept it cause you could ... and well kept it you did indeed.

Excited to see what you got for your next automotive experience ... and yes please do stop by and tease me all you can. I like you! you're the only guy I know who actually admits to having tin-foiled the entire insides of his house. AND wears the hat!

Good on you Telco, good luck.

EDIT - - - -

oh! ... and PS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

good luck with the new car.

if its a Fiat, you'll probably need it! J/K

I'm waiting for JUST the right phrase...

There's no place like ____, there's no place like ____

Twinkle twinkle little star, Telco got a brand new car

Beetlejuice

How many drive cycles does it take to get to the center of a coil pop

Pics or it's a Corolla

I admit it - I sold my LS out of fear, fear of it costing me thousands. Instead, I made a profit on the sale. I did enjoy it - all 800 miles I drove it and the 6 months it looked pretty in the driveway. It was fun fixing the little things and picking out the new wheels. Even went looking for another but the sellers all wanted far more than I would pay. I now have a 2002 BMW 325Ci Cabriolet.

2002-1_M.jpg

Never felt the need to trash the LS as it never left me stranded.

2002-1_M.jpg

Charger....

Read an article in Automobile Magazine saying FCA was in dire need of an infusion of cash and was looking for another partner/investor... Chrysler just can't be profitable for some reason... If our old LeBaron (K-Car) was any indication I can understand why!

I admit it - I sold my LS out of fear, fear of it costing me thousands. Instead, I made a profit on the sale. I did enjoy it - all 800 miles I drove it and the 6 months it looked pretty in the driveway. It was fun fixing the little things and picking out the new wheels. Even went looking for another but the sellers all wanted far more than I would pay. I now have a 2002 BMW 325Ci Cabriolet.

View attachment 828475824

Never felt the need to trash the LS as it never left me stranded.

I went a similar route but only because of the availability of repair parts. Keeping the LS in good repair would be much, much less than a car payment.

Pics or it's a Corolla

OH I KNOW!!!!

corolla or it didn't happen!!!!
:wave

There we go. Yes, it's a Corolla!

2006%20Corolla%201.jpg

2006%20Corolla%202.jpg

My commute is 40 miles one way amongst people who are staring at their phones while driving through construction zones in the dark. It's a 2006 model, 1.8, 5 speed manual. It is an appliance. While the 5 speed is fun, it is not powerful and it is not exciting to drive. It was empty when I bought it, with the gas light on. Took 11 gallons to fill. I've driven it 180 miles so far, still hasn't hit the 7/8 mark. My plan is to drive it 80 miles a day 4 days a week for the next 22 years, then drop it off by a salvage yard when I retire.

I traded the LS for this, and they gave me 1250 bucks on trade. Gave them 3 grand plus the LS and I was glad to take it. Why? I posted here once (I think) that there must always be three things broken on my old LS. I fixed a broken seat back and fixed a trim panel. The next day the radiator started leaking and the driver side wheel hub set a code, plus I'd been getting that old misfire feeling again. I decided to cut my losses before it decided to skip a cam lobe.

There we go. Yes, it's a Corolla!

2006%20Corolla%201.jpg

2006%20Corolla%202.jpg

My commute is 40 miles one way amongst people who are staring at their phones while driving through construction zones in the dark. It's a 2006 model, 1.8, 5 speed manual. It is an appliance. While the 5 speed is fun, it is not powerful and it is not exciting to drive. It was empty when I bought it, with the gas light on. Took 11 gallons to fill. I've driven it 180 miles so far, still hasn't hit the 7/8 mark. My plan is to drive it 80 miles a day 4 days a week for the next 22 years, then drop it off by a salvage yard when I retire.

I traded the LS for this, and they gave me 1250 bucks on trade. Gave them 3 grand plus the LS and I was glad to take it. Why? I posted here once (I think) that there must always be three things broken on my old LS. I fixed a broken seat back and fixed a trim panel. The next day the radiator started leaking and the driver side wheel hub set a code, plus I'd been getting that old misfire feeling again. I decided to cut my losses before it decided to skip a cam lobe.

Are you serious??? A 10 year old appliance for ~$4300?? I thought you had better taste than that!!

Not to worry though. Man does not live by appliance alone.

New%20Charger%201.jpg

New%20Charger%203.jpg

New%20Charger%202.jpg

New%20Charger%204.jpg

New%20Charger%205.jpg

This car accelerates at part throttle faster than the LS did flat out. At full throttle it just flies. Of course, 1.8 more liters and 3 more gears will do that for you. No idea on mileage yet as so far we've test driven the car, then drove it home. Others on a Dodge forum say they see anywhere from 20 to 27MPG depending upon whether they dog the car out all the time or drive it nice and easy. Drives nice though, we like it a lot.

Not to worry though. Man does not live by appliance alone.

New%20Charger%201.jpg

New%20Charger%203.jpg

New%20Charger%202.jpg

New%20Charger%204.jpg

New%20Charger%205.jpg

This car accelerates at part throttle faster than the LS did flat out. At full throttle it just flies. Of course, 1.8 more liters and 3 more gears will do that for you. No idea on mileage yet as so far we've test driven the car, then drove it home. Others on a Dodge forum say they see anywhere from 20 to 27MPG depending upon whether they dog the car out all the time or drive it nice and easy. Drives nice though, we like it a lot.

I KNEW it!!!!!! My BMW has .9 fewer liters and 2 less cylinders yet is much quicker and gets much, much better mileage than my LS. Win/win in my book!

Are you serious??? A 10 year old appliance for ~$4300?? I thought you had better taste than that!!

Nope, I think I got a good deal considering needed repairs. Needs new coils and plugs, new radiator, new wheel hub, needed the rear end rebuilt. So how much would that be? Besides, Corollas are damn near indestructible.

Not bad! Can't blame you for getting an efficient commuter.

Chrysler just can't be profitable for some reason...

well if they could build a truck(or SUV) that didn't have a sh!t ton of recalls...

or if those recalls actually worked and fixed the problems...

but having to buy back all of their sh!tty unfixable trucks (and a lot of SUVs) really does make it hard to turn a profit

My Lord, I had forgotten about your Mom's ordeal, how's she holding up these days?

Members online

No members online now.
Back