What did you do to your LS today?

Replaced the drivers side VCT solenoids valve o-ring on the 04 LSE last night.

Retorqued the lug nuts on the 03 LS when she brought it back home, also touched up some rock chips with black paint marker.

EDIT - - - -

Ordered the following for the 2003 LS V8

2 x Magnaflow 35177 Stainless Steel 2.25" Exhaust Tip

1 x MOOG ES800414 Right Outer Tie Rod End

1 x Black ELITE xDS Series Combo Brake Kit (KT058483)

Still looking/debating/comparing complete R1 Concepts Brake kit for the 2004 LSE.

Need to start getting parts/locking tool for the 2001 LS V8 Sport Tentioner job.

Bought some stuff for the car today.

fuel filter 19.99
air filter 11.79
oil filter 15.49
oil 31.88
glass cleaner 4.99
after military discount,total . $75.72 !!

Rear window was replaced... busted out by hail............ pissed off to say the least but there were worse cases in my area.

What about your car's paint? Hail that can bust a rear windshield generally pits the clearcoat or dents the body. don-ohio :)^)

Changed fuel filter.

what a PITA !!!

pull them plastic push in thingy's out,broke two,glad i had some spares.

then unbolt the bracket holding the filter and unhook that by twisting,lifting,turning etc. to be able to push in on the release on the fuel line clips.

then getting the mounting bracket OFF the old filter !

putting the new filter in was easy after learning a bit taking the old on off.. :)

inboard fuel line snapped right on with a little push,,the outside one gave a fight.

pushed in with a small pick to set the release like it was seated then with a push it caught.

bet it took me an hour !! including jacking car up and taking wheel off/on.

first time i did one,,next time , now that i have done it be much quicker,,,but probably wont be a next time for me.. :)

how often should the fuel filter be changed ??

should have seen the CHIT came out of that filter when i drained it backwards !!!

wasn't brown but more like BLACK !!!

134K on the car and probably original filter.

makes me wonder how many problems a clogged filter can cause.

But it's done,,and oil and filter with motorcraft oil and motorcraft fuel filter,and air filter,was spendy but i feel better now :)

Oh,,i did screw up once,got only 6 qts of oil,,had to go back and get another qt to put in the 6 1/2 it takes :)

I would like to see them put some dye or color in the oil,sure is hard to see the level on the dip stick with new oil so clear....

Yes, they same every 30K. 50/60 K seems to be okay.
The main issue with a clogged filter is less power and more wear on the fuel pump. It might also start passing some dirt, that would impact the fuel injectors.
If you use the disconnect tool, you won't break the plastic clips. (The tool will move them out of the way without needing to pull them even part way out.)
The mounting bracket is the only real pain to me.

As a general guideline a fuel filter should be changed every 1000 gallons.

Kid, Quaker State synth goes for less, and is just as good. There are some that will only want to run the very best, but there is such a thing as diminishing returns. Any synth is going to be good for 5K miles. The important bit is to use the correct weight. Personally, I use Quaker State. I've had engines last 400K on QS with no issues.

I let mine park next to some class :)

MVC-631F.JPG

MVC-631F.JPG

It sat in the garage for about 6 months. I installed a new battery (old one wasn't even holding a jump start) and drove her for a few minutes. Put it right back in the garage where it will remain.

It sat in the garage for about 6 months. I installed a new battery (old one wasn't even holding a jump start) and drove her for a few minutes. Put it right back in the garage where it will remain.

It's not doing anyone any good there. Bring it to my garage - I'll drive it everyday! Always wanted a V8 LS. :cool:

I hope you ran it enough to get all the fluids hot? Just makes for moisture in the fluids if you don't heat er up for a good while. Even the water in the pipes just lays there,rotting the exhaust. Gotta take it for a good hour drive at least. don-ohio :)^)

I have prepared my 2000 Silver bullet to get it's clunk removed according to the procedure posted by Deaconblue. She's up on jackstands in the front, I have the dremel and some metal blades at the ready. Have got my eye protection handy and the Energy Suspension poly bushings and 2 piece collars on UPS trucks. Now to lie down, emove the splash shields and have at it.

I have prepared my 2000 Silver bullet to get it's clunk removed according to the procedure posted by Deaconblue. She's up on jackstands in the front, I have the dremel and some metal blades at the ready. Have got my eye protection handy and the Energy Suspension poly bushings and 2 piece collars on UPS trucks. Now to lie down, emove the splash shields and have at it.

Goes a lot faster with a high-speed air cut-off tool.

Goes a lot faster with a high-speed air cut-off tool.

Hmmm ... good suggestion. I've never been a Tim the Toolman type so I am unfamiliar with many things like this. 20,000 RPMs? on one of the ones I see at Amazon and under $20!? Maybe I should wear a Kevlar vest if I use this. Do u have a favored brand?

I hope you ran it enough to get all the fluids hot? Just makes for moisture in the fluids if you don't heat er up for a good while. Even the water in the pipes just lays there,rotting the exhaust. Gotta take it for a good hour drive at least. don-ohio :)^)

Hey, someone took Don's password because this is legitimate good advice.

Hmmm ... good suggestion. I've never been a Tim the Toolman type so I am unfamiliar with many things like this. 20,000 RPMs? on one of the ones I see at Amazon and under $20!? Maybe I should wear a Kevlar vest if I use this. Do u have a favored brand?

Cheap tool. Just need a good compressor (and eye protection).

Members online

No members online now.
Back