Lowering Question.

Kid_Lyrics

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I have a random question.

Lowering the LS.

I know stemming from my prior experience owning two Dodge Chargers and working on several Mopar vehicles that there are isolators on the struts and shocks.

My question is, Do they exist on the LS too? They are made of rubber and sit between the spring and strut body themselves.

The reason I ask is because We came up wit ha way to lower the car at least 1 inch just by removing those rubber isolators.

Yes I know removing this will cause noise, etc. I'm not worried about that.

I'm just asking a question as to if its a possibility.

Here is a picture of LX (Mopar) isolators.

c3369fce2b88f43a5a5cbd983e251066.jpg

Assuming it wasn't a dumb idea.

ours are pretty thin, and would not result in much (if any) difference...

you need to be very careful trying that, a lot of the time, that isolator also keeps the spring centered around the shock/strut.

for what its worth, a few guys have also lowered the car for the exact same price as that buy just cutting a coil off of the OEM spring and putting it back on.

you need to be very careful trying that, a lot of the time, that isolator also keeps the spring centered around the shock/strut.

for what its worth, a few guys have also lowered the car for the exact same price as that buy just cutting a coil off of the OEM spring and putting it back on.

Now see that, I would not do... Cutting I know of. NO thank you.

good thing its only 2 to 3 hundo for a set of proper springs!

I have 1 coil cut in front and a half coil cut in the rear. It is the same ride height as Eibach lowering springs. The ride is the same as well....although i dont autocross my LS. The best part about cutting the springs, its free if you have spring compressors.

I do know that running Eibach springs destroyed the upper control arm ball joints in both LSes in which I had them installed.

That kid looks like he has MANY years of experience behind him !!! :)

Must have taken a day off flipping burgers to make that vid...

I believe he's an engineer.... Probably knows a thing or two.

That kid looks like he has MANY years of experience behind him !!! :)

Must have taken a day off flipping burgers to make that vid...
Yea he has hundreds of vids. He's an engineer. I, however, still don't listen to him.

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

I believe he's an engineer.... Probably knows a thing or two.

yes he is.

and most people don't like his videos because they are all based on the real world math that affects what hes talking about...

most people would just rather take the marketing guys word on it and would rather believe whats written on the box of aftermarket stuff.

So if someone reads many credible sources on a topic, then parrots all of that collective information, you can discredit the information based on the person's age? Not to mention prior years in school solving problems involving force and stress analysis in which they have to figure out directions of effective forces? Or the general intuition and knowledge that he is getting paid for?

Tell me, Kid, why do you disagree with his video? There are 5 listed mods that can ruin your car: Spring compressors, Lowering springs, Camber kits, Wheel spacers, and thicker Anti-roll/sway bars.

If you actually watch his video, everything is stated in a way to say "yes, it can make handling better, but it is very easily (and quite often) done without enough knowledge, resulting in reduced performance and/or safety, even if some are only marginal differences"

The only thing I disagree with is the [short term] effect of the spring compressors. If it's done mildly, once the spring compresses to the same pre-compressed ratio of the compressed section, the spring will continue to compress normally. But at that point, the compressors will fly loosely and probably shift around, as stated, meaning there's still no saving grace for them. You obviously don't want them sliding to the same side.

Tell me, Kid, why do you disagree with his video? There are 5 listed mods that can ruin your car: Spring compressors, Lowering springs, Camber kits, Wheel spacers, and thicker Anti-roll/sway bars.

I disagree because I'm still going to do what I want. I didn't say he was wrong. I agree with everything he said. I just don't agree with not doing any of it. That's all.

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

I have no desire to alter the best handling machines I've owned. The kid in the video is correct. I've tried spring spacers,clamps,etc.......they always ruin the ride OR the handling. That's been my experience. don-ohio :)^)

well that is typically how it works... the evil OEM engineers try to find the best balance between ride and handling, when you want better handeling, you usually lose a little ride comfort, or if you want a better ride, your probably going to lose a little handling.

unless your car has magnetorheological shocks, then you can have the best of both worlds.

Yes,they DID leave the EVIL Oem engineers loose on the electricals,especially depending on the PCM too much. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Was it on this site that someone posted a link to the least reliable US car's made ?

Maybe it was an MSN article ??

described the LS as the LEAST reliable US manufactured car ever made...

Now THAT's quite an engineering feat !!!! :)

went looking,can't find the article.. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back