Urgent help!

Yes,I noticed that even though it's kinda homely compared to LS,Charger,Camaro,Mustang,etc. they made it very large and UNGAINLY. Saw a top-speed video of a 5.7 stuck at 126 mph. My old Mercury Marquis 4.6 woulda passed it like it was sittin still.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Yes,I noticed that even though it's kinda homely compared to LS,Charger,Camaro,Mustang,etc. they made it very large and UNGAINLY. Saw a top-speed video of a 5.7 stuck at 126 mph. My old Mercury Marquis 4.6 woulda passed it like it was sittin still.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

well its not (surprisingly) drag limited, its a speed limiter in the ECM, my friend would get so mad when my mark would cruise right past him...

Yes,my Ford Aerostar has a 4000 rpm limiter. Hey! To each their own......if they like those cars,more power to them. don-ohio :)^)

I always liked the looks of the 300. Brings back the nostalgia of the 1950s. The car has actual shoulders to it, it's a BIG CAR and with the larger engine it goes damned fast. Remove that computer limiter and who knows how fast it'll go. The Charger is the exact same platform as the 300, it's just smaller and lighter but with the exact same drivetrain. If we do get one and there's a programmer out there that will let me program it like EFI Live lets me do my truck, my speed limiter will be 255MPH (or whatever the max is) like my truck.

The Charger is the exact same platform as the 300, it's just smaller and lighter but with the exact same drivetrain.

not true... they are pretty much exactly the same other than looks and a few fractions of inches differences in the cosmetic plastic parts... the 300 is the luxury version and the charger is the sportier version

........................................300....................charger..................delta.......................challanger
Wheelbase.........................120.2 in.............120.2 in..................0............................116.2 in only big difference here
Length, Overall..................198.6 in.............198.4 in.................-0.2"........................197.9 in
Width, Max w/o mirrors.......75 in..................75 in......................0............................75.7 in
Height, Overall...................58.4 in..............58.2 in...................-0.2".........................57.0 in
Track Width, Front..............63.4 in..............63.4 in....................0
Track Width, Rear...............63.8 in...............63.8 in....................0
Base Curb Weight..............4029 lbs.............3934 lbs.................-95lbs/2%.................3834 lbs

even the Challenger isn't any smaller despite missing two doors (hence why comparing them doesn't make sense in theory but actually does on paper)

I will say that the new 300 is a lot better looking that the 1st gen was with its cheap Bentley coping look... but those 1st gens looked terrible

The 1st gens reminded me of some luxury car knock off. They do have a good amount of power, but the engine is also bigger. Seeing as I got this Lincoln back for basically free, I can't really complain. Also, I think it was the ABS module bitching about being mismatched, however the ECU was also complaining about not having gone through calibration, which is odd.

The ABS module has the AdvanceTrac function. If the module has been replaced, it has to be calibrated. The need for calibration can also occur if someone starts the calibrate procedure and does not complete it.
(YAW sensor replacement also triggers the need for calibration.)

ECM calibration, my lowly LS doesn't have advancetrac. It'd let you go sideways all damn day.

not true... they are pretty much exactly the same other than looks and a few fractions of inches differences in the cosmetic plastic parts... the 300 is the luxury version and the charger is the sportier version

........................................300....................charger..................delta.......................challanger
Wheelbase.........................120.2 in.............120.2 in..................0............................116.2 in only big difference here
Length, Overall..................198.6 in.............198.4 in.................-0.2"........................197.9 in
Width, Max w/o mirrors.......75 in..................75 in......................0............................75.7 in
Height, Overall...................58.4 in..............58.2 in...................-0.2".........................57.0 in
Track Width, Front..............63.4 in..............63.4 in....................0
Track Width, Rear...............63.8 in...............63.8 in....................0
Base Curb Weight..............4029 lbs.............3934 lbs.................-95lbs/2%.................3834 lbs

even the Challenger isn't any smaller despite missing two doors (hence why comparing them doesn't make sense in theory but actually does on paper)

I will say that the new 300 is a lot better looking that the 1st gen was with its cheap Bentley coping look... but those 1st gens looked terrible

OK, so you say they are NOT the same platform, with the Charger just being lighter, then you post a ton of crap that says the Charger is the same platform as the 300, just lighter? What year were these specs from? But, if you say so...

OK, so you say they are NOT the same platform, with the Charger just being lighter, then you post a ton of crap that says the Charger is the same platform as the 300, just lighter?

your orignal comment said

it's just smaller and lighter

after saying that they were the same size, I was posting data showing that it really isnt any smaller at all...

What year were these specs from? But, if you say so...

current generation, data pulled from Car and Driver test and reveiws.

Members online

Back