car wont start security light on

Jayare

LVC Member
Reaction score
i apologize ahead of time as im sure this question has been answered before but i cant find it by searching
shop where i work at boss has a collection of cars and his mark viii has been running fine and suddenly it wont start and the security light is on.
is there some type of procedure that has to be done to reset this. he said it did it right after his brother ran an obd scanner, may just be coincidence. thanks.

I'm having a similar issue. I try to start it but the anti theft light blinks for a while but will occasionally let met start it.

Im not much help but I have a couple of things to try. Lock and unlock the door from the drivers side and put the key in ,press in and turn quickly. If it doesn't start let it sit for a minute with the key in run and try again

it doesnt turn over at all when i try to start it, havent tried james vinar method yet as when i got to shop today only for an hour n car was dead n had much more important things to do.

Is this what the security light is doing when you try to start it?
[video]https://youtu.be/yt81d3RDieI[/video]

As you can see, I covered the key in foil and the car can't see it. There is a procedure to relearn the key that takes an hour or so.

This is what a fail to start due to a solenoid issue looks like:
[video]https://youtu.be/brBkDPDz2M8[/video]

ugh really seems like the the keys not being recognized like in the first video.

If it is blinking rapidly when key is in and in the on/run/start position you can reset the key.
How to originate a key into a PATS 1 vehicle:
Note: This process takes a minimum of 45 minutes to complete. It is strongly advised to connect to a secondary power source such as a trickle charger to power the battery for this procedure.

Set a timer so you don't miss the 5 minutes you have to turn off the key and back on.
  1. Insert a properly cut transponder key into the ignition cylinder and turn it to the ON (Run) position. You will see the security light blinking for 15 minutes and go out.
  2. Once the theft light has went out you have 5 minutes to turn the key to the OFF position.
  3. Turn the same key back to the ON position. The security light will blink for 15 minutes and go out.
  4. Once the theft light has went out for the second time you have 5 minutes to turn the key to the OFF position.
  5. Turn the same key back to the ON position. The security light will blink for 15 minutes and go out.
  6. Turn the key to the OFF position and back to ON and verify that the security light goes out. The key is now programmed. All other keys have been erased out of the system.

Members online

No members online now.
Back