01 Lincoln LS 5 speed (new member)

dirtxrider333

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just joined so heres some details and picture of my LS

I bought an 01 Lincoln LS V6 5speed with about 113k on it and zero rust.(southern car)
I live in new england and she gets garaged every year. Has just over 130k on her now.
Soon to be lowered and looking for a set of wheels(probably 18s). Also probably gonna go to the scrap yard and grab a set of headlights to turn into Halo/HIDs.

(Mod List)
Straight piped after cats(soon to have a set of thrush turbos once the weather gets better)
Custom Intake I designed(k&n pod filter, escape MAF adapter, and a custom Carbon Fiber "airbox")
Blue LED dash
All ice blue interior lights
6k HIDs in low beams and 6k plasmas in the fogs
Civic Front Lip
Clear Markers(one recently got smashed by some road debris after only a week of having them)
Kenwood touch screen stereo, dual 12"kickers in custom built box, kenwood acoustic speakers in the front doors.

12122471_10203597212731481_635207144433612365_n.jpg

20160312_133153.jpg

IMG_20160313_171816.jpg

12122471_10203597212731481_635207144433612365_n.jpg

20160312_133153.jpg

IMG_20160313_171816.jpg

the lip he has... its made for a civic...

View attachment 828475646

best tip I can offer, dont put it on like this guy did

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?98555-Wings-west-or-no

and why wouldnt you? I think it looks pretty damn good.

But there is a small gap at the spot where the bumper curves but its not noticeable unless youre standing directly over it. I like it and they are pretty cheap. Plus the ABS plastic is close in color and near indestructible.....(i accidentally stepped on it before i installed it)

Car looks really good - especially for an '01!

I know where you could get a great deal on a set of 19s - I have a thread in the "Parts for Sale" Forum with a set of 19" Jaguar "Custom" wheels. They're 19 x 8.5 and I believe with a 49 offset? Any my LS was lowered when I had these:

P338.jpg

I'm only asking $800 and you're close enough where we could meet - if they don't sell in the next week or so they're going on Craigslist or eBay for more money...

Car looks really good - especially for an '01!

I know where you could get a great deal on a set of 19s - I have a thread in the "Parts for Sale" Forum with a set of 19" Jaguar "Custom" wheels. They're 19 x 8.5 and I believe with a 49 offset? Any my LS was lowered when I had these:

P338.jpg

I'm only asking $800 and you're close enough where we could meet - if they don't sell in the next week or so they're going on Craigslist or eBay for more money...

Alittle rich for my blood. But thanks for the offer.

And thank you everybody else for the welcomes and glad you all like my car :). Cant wait to get alittle more work done. My problem is i have a bunch of projects and the LS is my daily so its the last thing to get "upgraded" currently working on swapping a 302 into a first gen ranger so thats where all my money is going at the moment.

If you are like most of us, all cars end up being projects - no matter what the initial intentions are when purchased.

Good luck :)

Yea, im not illiterate. I understood when hw Said it

well you asked for details, but interesting enough I used the details he already gave to find it and a bunch of places selling in, probably took about a minute, maybe less.

well you asked for details, but interesting enough I used the details he already gave to find it and a bunch of places selling in, probably took about a minute, maybe less.
Hence, why I wasn't talking to you. I didn't ask where he bought it, price, or location. I was asking specifically about his process given its from a completely out east car. However maybe I should have specified to you so he could answer?

Oh btw, that'd my link too... ijs.

If you are like most of us, all cars end up being projects - no matter what the initial intentions are when purchased.

Good luck :)

Lol i knew well and good they would all be projects. Just finding the time to work on them all so it ends up being a slow process. But thank you :)

Hence, why I wasn't talking to you. I didn't ask where he bought it, price, or location. I was asking specifically about his process given its from a completely out east car. However maybe I should have specified to you so he could answer?

Oh btw, that'd my link too... ijs.

Process? I found out it fit from another user on here about a year ago, loved the look. Found they were only like $28 and said screw it lets see how well it fits. And with the exception of a tiny gap it fits very well with no disassembly of the stock front bumper.

Kindof a crappy picture but picked up some Lexani wheels with Goodyear eagles about 7/32 left for $400. Pretty happy i think they look awesome. They have alittle corrosion around the center caps and one wheel was curbed ever so slightly but for $400 not gonna complain.
They are 235/45-18s.
Ive wanted 18s for when i lower the car and being slightly wider they poke out of the fenders just slightly and looks alittle more aggressive. Also they are alittle shorter than stock. 1/2 drop to the car. Next is a suspension rebuild once i get my 302 swapped ranger atleast driveable.
13308656_10204791509668158_5928842248629101448_o.jpg

13308656_10204791509668158_5928842248629101448_o.jpg

actually surprised I didn't notice this the first time around... but I though all manual trans V6's were sport models? at least I don't remember seeing any manual cars with the chrome trim, maybe somebody could correct me if that is incorrect.

so does the back bumper match the front with the chrome strip? or was it maybe wrecked and they just put a base bumper on the front cause it was cheaper/all they could find...

EDIT: manual trans

Certainly not. Probably more were base than sport. However, I would have expected all the manuals to be sport.

all manuals are supposed to be sport which through me off when ordering the clear marker lights. I know it was in a minor fender bender before i bought the car so it is very possible. The rear bumper does not have the chrome trim like the front.

Yes, all the Getrag LSes were sport models. So that chrome bumper is not original. Otherwise I really like the car. I have an autumn red Getrag that I bought new. It was my daily driver for years, then it became my wife's daily driver for years. We both love stick shifts. Sadly we also collaborated to blow head gasket at just shy of 200,000 miles. If you ever get a little coolant leak behind the front driver's wheel, replace the degas bottle with a genuine Ford bottle and cap. Dont get a dorman. The Ford part costs about 10 times what it's worth but it's a heckuva lot cheaper than pulling the engine to rebuild or swap it which is where I find myself. I have 2 other automatic LSes, but I really miss the 5 speed.
Welcome and best to you.

Yes, all the Getrag LSes were sport models. So that chrome bumper is not original. Otherwise I really like the car. I have an autumn red Getrag that I bought new. It was my daily driver for years, then it became my wife's daily driver for years. We both love stick shifts. Sadly we also collaborated to blow head gasket at just shy of 200,000 miles. If you ever get a little coolant leak behind the front driver's wheel, replace the degas bottle with a genuine Ford bottle and cap. Dont get a dorman. The Ford part costs about 10 times what it's worth but it's a heckuva lot cheaper than pulling the engine to rebuild or swap it which is where I find myself. I have 2 other automatic LSes, but I really miss the 5 speed.
Welcome and best to you.

Sorry to hear this. I replaced my engine last year with a used, 110K mile engine and despite having to replace both dual manifold style a/c hoses, got through the job for $800! The engine I picked up was from an automatic for $400, all sensors and electrics were ruined from the extraction at the recycler, but all of my stuff was an easy bolt on. The engine was definitely worth the money. Which Auburn are you located in? Are you going to get it done eventually?

Members online

No members online now.
Back