Urgent help!

The last time I was at the junkyard, I grabbed a spare E-brake module as a just-in-case. It was $5.

The dodge charger isn't a bad car, neighbors have one. Interior is kinda cheap and there isn't much exhaust noise. From something that's support to appear muscular, it sure doesn't seem like it. To be honest, their minivan could probably outrun it too...

Had a '15 Challenger while my front bumper was being replaced. Looks are KILLER!!!!! Performance.... Not so much. For the amount of power the V6 is supposed to have it was sure a dog! Interior is rather cheap and the cloth seats feel like what they are; recycled plastic. Every time I closed the trunk the outer edge of the deck lid would bounce up a quarter inch or so. The build quality was, IMHO, quite poor.

the power the V6 has just doesn't make up for the ridiculous weight of the car, that cars obesity problem is also directly related to why it handles like sh!t

The build quality was, IMHO, quite poor.

which is a huge reason all the FCA cars are always falling apart...

The size and silence of the car is fooling you on the speed. The V6 with the 8 speed has the same quarter mile time as the 2nd gen V8 LS. I'm a little leery about Dodge's reputation for low quality, but so far when I've been in one of the new Chargers I've found them to be pretty decent in quality. Course then, I AM comparing it to an LS, so perhaps the Charger's just looking good to me in comparison to what I'm used to driving. I agree the car could go on a diet though. The 100 pounds the 2016 lost was not enough. I think it does just fine for an actual full size car though.

has the same quarter mile time as the 2nd gen V8 LS.

that doesn't make it fast at all, in fact, that just shows how slow it is... (over a second slower than a v6 mustang, and about a half second over a 4 cylinder mustang and right about where a manual FWD focus comes in)

not to mention that its a decade newer

the big difference is that the Charger/Challenger platform is supposed to be a muscle car, now when you compare it to its biggest competition, it is really slow...

the car is so large, they have to throw almost a hundred cubes and 10k extra at it for it to be competitive...

and dont get me started on replacing suspension parts more often than than LS coils... you would think that a car that comes with 20s from the factory would be designed to handle the weight of them.

best day of my life was after my best friend finally sold his 300, now when we hang out, we can actually hang out instead of wrenching on that piece of sh!t, his charger he had before was no better.

if you need a large family sedan with plenty of room and dont care about great handling, and your great at working on cars, then its the perfect car.

It may be marketed that way, but it's simply not in the same class as the Mustang. It has an actual back seat and two extra doors whereas the Mustang back seats are useless unless everyone in the car is 5ft tall.

Can't comment on your buddy's 300, but since the cops are using Chargers they can't be completely unreliable.

I agree with you on how slow the LS is. The fastest LS is as fast as the slowest current year Charger. Pretty slow, all right. I don't mind not having the fastest car in the world though, the Charger is a very comfortable car to drive and has plenty more get up and go than what I have now, namely a 2nd gen LS.

Not to worry though, I should have mine gone in the next month or two, then you can go back to your little delusion about how great the engineers were on this car and how they did everything completely perfect without me around to poke gigantic holes in your delusion.

Can't comment on your buddy's 300, but since the cops are using Chargers they can't be completely unreliable.

Can't go by that. I've seen FWD Impala's used as cop cars. They get whatever they get on the cheap. The CHP uses the new Explorer...

Impalas are fairly reliable cars. Dull, mediocre, wrong wheel drive, but reliable. Same with the new Exploders.

It may be marketed that way, but it's simply not in the same class as the Mustang. It has an actual back seat and two extra doors whereas the Mustang back seats are useless unless everyone in the car is 5ft tall.

while the Charger may have two extra doors, the Challenger (other than being a bit shorter) is 90% the same car and the Challenger is FCA's direct competition to the Mustang and Camaro. with a few less pounds, the performance between the Charger and Challenger is almost dead even

that is terrible logic... the crown vic and caprice are notoriously known for being simple rock solid reliable cars that require little maintenance, both have been replaced with much more complicated cars that are not as reliable, or as cheap to maintain. it has more to do with the size of the car and how cheap they could get them... also the heavy weight is a huge benefit to the police as it would be pretty hard to pit maneuver big ass heavy cars if they were driving super light corollas.

you can go back to your little delusion about how great the engineers were on this car and how they did everything completely perfect without me around to poke gigantic holes in your delusion.

just wait until you have your charger for more than a quick rental period. after a couple of years and the honeymoon period wears off, you will see what happens when a manufacture is dealing with German engineers designing part of the car, American engineers designing parts of the car and then Italian engineers design whats left over... if you think the British/american engineering team messed it up good, just wait...

if I were you, I would just stick to what you know best, good old fashion bullet proof pushrods.

also, if you think that I think the LS was anywhere near close to perfect, you have reading comprehension problems. I have clearly bitched about things from one end to the other about plenty on this car...

Same with the new Exploders.

so you've had a lot of experience with them have you?

cause no they are not, they are not nearly as strong as a Tahoe(car chassis vs truck chassis), nor are they as reliable. but they are a lot cheaper so buy them they do.

Too bad EVERY car (including Chebbies), by necessity, is a compromise. We couldn't afford a "perfect" car; should one exist...

there are plenty of perfect cars for me, unfortunately, I just cant afford them AND a house...

I'd still take my LS over their charger. They have a 2015 model with the 5 speed auto. Doesn't help that the car is the basest of the base. I think they bought it for just under 25k when it was new. I was pushing for them to go the VW tdi route, but fat american families don't do that.

Well,the Charger has looks that a VW will NEVER have,IMO. They probably did what I did and bought a beautiful retro. don-ohio :)^)

The VW at least had comfortable faux leather seats. And about twice the gas mileage. I understand why someone would buy the charger for the looks, they bought it because they needed a new car. I was leaning more towards the VW for practicality reasons, gas mileage and what not. It also had a few more options, nav, heated seats, alloys, the Charger had none of these.

Pushed some buttons again. Excellent. That 5 speed in the older Chargers is an old turd, the new 8 speed is supposed to be far and away better. I think, if we actually do buy one, that we really will enjoy the car much more than the LS. More power, better fuel efficiency, more room, can't go wrong.

It was some damn good trickery. If they hadn't pushed their luck, they would've been fine. Also, can coil issues cause corruption of ECU data? For some reason, my LS is telling me that the ECU isn't vin matched to the car. Its annoying.

that would be a new one... normally coils cause interference that is picked up and read as something else or they do damage to the PCM. cant say that I've seen and corruption of data yet.

No reason it can't be possible though. Where electronics are concerned you can get strange, unexpected results. Any codes being set? The PCM check is a hundred bucks and a week, if they don't find a problem but you'd be able to rule it out.

The other possibility is, and we'd need Joe or someone to advise on this because I don't know the details, that whatever the PCM has to be married up to is defective. If whatever the module the PCM marries up to is corrupted then it would show the PCM as not being the correct one without the PCM being the problem.

The LS doesn't use VIN for security anywhere. Need to know which module(s) are complaining. It is more of a configuration problem.

I don't like the 5 speed transmissions but with the new 8 speeds co-developed with GM they really have something. The V6 is as fast as the V8 LS (15.1 through the quarter) and the V8 just FLIES. Folks on a Charger board report 27+MPG with the 5.7 when cruising too. The 5.7 will SMOKE the LS like a cheap cigar. Can't wait to get one.

Of course I'm still trying to talk the wife into a Mercedes SL500, but she wants a back seat.

"Smoke" is a understatement I have a300c wit the 5.7 hemi and I can tell you outright from first hand experience that 5.7 hemi will eat the ls and shoot it out the tail pipe so fast the Hubble telescope watchers a swear it was a ET MISSILE

Heading to earth cause the speed at launch would have made the ls appear as if it was traveling backwards

What is the curb weight of your 300C? Plus if we lose, we still look WAY better than a 300. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

That's yer pinion and yer entitled to it! BTW...They have a sale on eyeglasses at Sears.com,Telco. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Members online

No members online now.
Back