New Air Conditioner And Condensor For Sale!

dtwizzy

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Air Conditioner Compressor and Condenser, for sale that was purchased directly from Rock Auto. I cannot return it because I have passed the return period. I do not have my Lincoln LS anymore and I have the parts just sitting. I will sell BOTH ONLY for $190. Only serious inquiries only please!
Check Rockauto for part numbers and exact fit.
This was purchased for a 2001 Lincoln LS V8
No refunds, Sale is final!

Compressor4.JPGCondensor.JPGCompressor2.JPGCompressor1.JPG

Compressor1.JPG

Compressor2.JPG

Condensor.JPG

Compressor4.JPG

Looks like Four Seasons to me. I would avoid it. I was temped into trying one its sister brands and it lasted all of one or two months before it stopped pumping at idle. (Control valve problem, I think.)

Looks like Four Seasons to me. I would avoid it. I was temped into trying one its sister brands and it lasted all of one or two months before it stopped pumping at idle. (Control valve problem, I think.)

That's why I was asking the brand. Since those are pics from who knows where, I was curious to the actual brand and if it was new or reman.

I need a compressor right now and I will buy it but I have a 2004 lsv8. Are they the same and will it work in a 04?

Yes, that's the part number for the V8 compressor. Note that you will need a new receiver/dryer as well.

Yes, that's the part number for the V8 compressor. Note that you will need a new receiver/dryer as well.

He is CORRECT, you will need a NEW RECEIVER/DRYER. It is recommended to replace that as well, I was going to just replace the compressor and condenser only because:
1- mechanic showed me exactly where the condenser was leaking from being cracked
2- compressor was bad and showed me where it was leaking from
3- cost to replace the receiver/dryer was more than I could afford whole dash would have to be taken out.

All of that doesnt matter now because I no longer have the car, but as I mentioned I would AGREE with joegr and replace the receiver/dryer and that is also recommended by the manufacturer and also by my mechanic as well.

3- cost to replace the receiver/dryer was more than I could afford whole dash would have to be taken out.

?!?!?!?!?!? Receiver/drier is mounted on the radiator fan. It's the easiest thing to get to in the entire car. Well, other than the air filter I guess.

The expansion valve, OTOH, is under the dash and is a significant effort. But that only needs to be replaced if it's clogged or other dramatic failure.

...3- cost to replace the receiver/dryer was more than I could afford whole dash would have to be taken out.

Not true at all. The receiver/dryer is mounted near the condenser. It's very accessible at the passenger side of the radiator. It's a $30 to $60 part, depending on where you get it. Exposure to moisture (from the air) due to the system being opened is why it has to be replaced. It has nothing to do with knowing where the leak is.

The dash only has to come out to replace the evaporator or the expansion valve. If nothing is wrong with either of those, there is no reason to replace them. The receiver/dryer should always be replaced when changing anything else.

Not true at all. The receiver/dryer is mounted near the condenser. It's very accessible at the passenger side of the radiator. It's a $30 to $60 part, depending on where you get it. Exposure to moisture (from the air) due to the system being opened is why it has to be replaced. It has nothing to do with knowing where the leak is.

The dash only has to come out to replace the evaporator or the expansion valve. If nothing is wrong with either of those, there is no reason to replace them. The receiver/dryer should always be replaced when changing anything else.

In order to get whatever warranty the compressor comes with you HAVE to replace the receiver/drier and expansion valve. Otherwise you are on your own. But like you said, if the valve was already working good, likely doesn't need replacing. Seems most of these compressors get leaks at the front seal before the actually fail.

... Seems most of these compressors get leaks at the front seal before the actually fail.

I've had three so far to leak at the o-ring seal for the control valve (rear of compressor). I haven't seen any front seal leaks so far.

Members online

Back