03-06 Headunit Swap

slm987

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to install a 2006 Lincoln LS 6 disc into my 2003, and I found out the wiring harness was different. :mad: Could someone pass some wiring diagrams my way for the 03 and 06 headunits? I have a spare 6 disc out of a 'stang that doesn't work, so I was going to take the connectors out of it and just make a harness myself to the 2006 radio. I haven't found any wiring diagrams on the interwebs that I know for a fact are correct, so some help would be appreciated.

My problem would be having all the wiring there. The 8 pin subwoofer/center stack speaker connector actually has all 8 pins. The one from the Metra connector only has 2. It would be as straightforward as wiring them together, however, that'd only give me basic functionality.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but more help would be appreciated. I still want to change the headunit out so I can have an AUX in. The only other thing I can think of is a direct FM modulator.

Or an aftermarket head unit. Seems like a lot of work for one extra function vs more straightforward work to get several new functions like aux, usb, bluetooth, pass filters, almost definitely more power...

My problem would be having all the wiring there. The 8 pin subwoofer/center stack speaker connector actually has all 8 pins. The one from the Metra connector only has 2.

not the ones that I have used... they have all the pins because the LS is not the only car that harness is made for that uses the top row and the bottom row... the mustangs with the Mach 460 systems also have two separate amps that each drive two 6x8 bass woofers each, the top row goes to one amp and the bottom row goes to the other amp.

I think you may be looking at the input harness, it only has two wires in it for the steering wheels controls (which in the newer harness have been moved to the main harness)

I'll figure it out eventually, and I DO NOT want aftermarket, I'm perfectly happy with the way the system is (minus the no aux in). Aftermarket head units are too fiddly too, I can't find one I like.

Which remind me, I need to replace mine in the 01 V8 Sport ... it continuously keeps on playing Justin Bieber on FM reception. Fn thing!

well he is from your side of the border... I can only imagine how much more play time he sees there... kinda like how often you hear Sweet Home Alabama, when you live in Alabama...

Members online

Back