Fuel Injector Question

jbelcourt

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, so, I bought some Bosch 4-hole injectors to "spruce" up my fuel system. Also got a Walbro 255 pump and brand new Motorcraft fuel pressure regulator.

The injectors I got are 12559036 (other number listed on them are 0280155923) they're 24# high impedance EV6 injectors. Along with these injectors, I purchased EV1 Jetronic to USCAR EV6 EV14 Fuel Injector Adapters Connectors.

I just want to make sure I'm not going to run into issues with these injectors since they're high impedance. I know of at least one other member that is running high impedance EV6 injectors (Ford Racing) with those adapters in her car but she's got a Gen 2 and I don't know if that matters.

Thanks guys.

if they work in a gen 2, they will work in a gen 1. they both use the high impedance injectors.

I just did this on mine, I did ford racing units but the same style.. I think.If you are running the cobra fuel rail and intake, You will need one adapter that is the pig tail style. Number 4 injector connector will push up against the fuel pressure regulator because the adapter is too high. If you are running the Mark VIII rail and intake you will get away with the stackable adapters, it will be tight by the fuel pressure regulator.

Remember when putting them together to stuff the injectors deep into the rail at first. Once they are in place slide them down into the IMRC plate. When ever doing injectors I like to have them slide nice and easy, Vaseline works nice. Make sure you index the plugs as you put them in, the taller adapter adds a little complexity but nothing that is a big deal. Some will want to be turn a certain way to allow for them to be plugged in as well as drop down in the plate.

Members online

No members online now.
Back