What did you do to your LS today?

I thought I was the only one that did this, my numbers for my 2000 v8 are:
9670 miles
511.8379 gallons
$1452.65 spent with an average mileage of 18.89 (3000 of these miles were the trip from California to ny to bring it home so my mileage is higher than it will be). 15 cents a mile for gas, 19 cents a mile for purchase and 29 cents for maintenance (lots wrong with it when I bought it which explains the 1800 price tag)

I thought I was alone too! LOL I always get a roll of the eyes from my fiance when I am writing my mileage down on the receipts and usually told that I have a problem and should seek mental help. HAHAHA. Oh well. It's cool. I just like to keep track. I have done this with all of my vehicles I have ever had.

I thought I was alone too! LOL I always get a roll of the eyes from my fiance when I am writing my mileage down on the receipts and usually told that I have a problem and should seek mental help. HAHAHA. Oh well. It's cool. I just like to keep track. I have done this with all of my vehicles I have ever had.
Haha me too on the eye rolls and the suggestion of professional help but I have a spreadsheet I've been using for years that breaks down all costs except insurance, once I'm down to under 50 cents a mile I know I'm comfortable selling for pretty much any price :)

I use the aCar app and just enter all my fillup info. My LS has 11 months of data, 2,063 miles, 13.5mpg avg, cost $425 in gas, costs $0.196/mile, and $1.24/day. My Taurus costs twice as much per day but has recorded 3 times as many miles. But my Taurus also has a 1600mile roadtrip boosting its stats and it took 4 months to get the engine replaced in the LS, so it's a very skewed year.

Here's to next year's warm months being a better year for the LS, which, given the current weather in NJ, looks like it may start sometime next week.

Next time say that you spoke to the doctor about it and the only cure is (your favorite sex act here).

I started doing that when gas started it's Saturn5 rocket booster climb from $.299 (yes, I'm that old and gas was that cheap!). Had a little log book in the glove box. I finally gave up on it when the log books became hard to find and I started just not caring anymore...

I started doing that when gas started it's Saturn5 rocket booster climb from $.299 (yes, I'm that old and gas was that cheap!). Had a little log book in the glove box. I finally gave up on it when the log books became hard to find and I started just not caring anymore...

You got me beat in the age department, I remember pretty vividly putting gas in my old Mustang at .999 when I was 16 (and it seems it stayed right around there for a long time) I do seem to remember the gas stations having to buy all new signs since most didn't have a 1's space.

You got me beat in the age department, I remember pretty vividly putting gas in my old Mustang at .999 when I was 16 (and it seems it stayed right around there for a long time) I do seem to remember the gas stations having to buy all new signs since most didn't have a 1's space.

I remember Gas Wars! When I left for an overseas cruise gas was in the upper $.30's; 9 months later when I got home it was in the $.80's!! Talk about culture shock!!!!

I remember my parents paying 29 cents a gallon, and in the late 80s when I was a poor teen it was 69 cents a gallon. I'd love to see 99 cents a gallon, but at least it's at 1.49 in the Tulsa area, or at least it was this morning. Slated to drop more too, they are predicting 20 dollars a barrel on oil in the next few months. All the countries who have been jacking up their welfare programs and paying for them with oil currently have a choice of doubling down on production or dealing with riots when the people who don't have to work for a living start burning down their towns because they aren't getting their handouts anymore.

Washed the old LS(miles,I mean) and made sure the animal alert thingies on the front were clear.The deer are jumpin'around UNREAL here in Southern Ohio.
On gasoline prices.....I've been driving since `67 and the price was anywhere from 26.9 to 35.9 until 1972. Regular was 100 octane or better under the old rating. Believe it or not,when you figure 7 or 8 times the dollar inflation, gas is actually as cheap or cheaper NOW! Hard to believe,eh? don-ohio :)^)

attempted to start mine and its dead again...... I have 6 vehicles... the Lincoln saw maybe 15 miles this month.....

Hoping to let go of it, had some family come look today.

If nothing happens, would like LVC to have dibs (rather than dealing with drug dealers and 15 year olds on Craigslist again..).

Mississippi River Force me out. Just moved the LS and the Harleys out today. The river is rising and causing the lake and surrounding area's to flood. Going to be a loss cannot get everything out. New shop will see about four foot of water according to forecast. Have been working hard to get as much as possible moved. I am lost for words, tired and disgusted. Going back in the morning to pick up truck bed lid, I do believe this will be my last trip. Do not know how long this will last or truly how deep the water will reach. Lost my home in 2011 due to flood water, this has really brought it all back after three years.....what doesn't kill me will make me stronger.

Wow sleepers, salvage all you can.
Hoping for all the best for you, chin up, stay strong!
I'm not religious but God Bless LS Brother!

Thanks BigRigLS Brother Trucker, pulled 5th wheel to slot with utilities in back of horse arena will be living here until I figure out what to do next...hurry up and wait lol. Thanks much for the kind words, will be reading plenty catching up on my LVS education. They wont let this motorhead wrench on anything here so looking for a stall this week. See what happens, keep ya posted driver.

I am loosing my mind...sorry I ment to say "LVC" duh

Last edited:
Sorry,Sleepers.......sounds like a very depressing time you're having. I hope the best starts to happen for you this year,Sleepers. don-ohio :)^)

Thanks BigRigLS Brother Trucker, pulled 5th wheel to slot with utilities in back of horse arena will be living here until I figure out what to do next...hurry up and wait lol. Thanks much for the kind words, will be reading plenty catching up on my LVS education. They wont let this motorhead wrench on anything here so looking for a stall this week. See what happens, keep ya posted driver.

Sorry,Sleepers.......sounds like a very depressing time you're having. I hope the best starts to happen for you this year,Sleepers. don-ohio :)^)

Thanks don-ohio, it will all work out in the end. No telling what might just float up in the yard, last time it was picnic coolers and john boats lol. We will see what happens. Will head back out there this morning, button up a few more things before Emergency Managment closes the road.

Parked my LS for the winter.
got snow and they salted.
car is rust free and going to stay that way !!
got the old volvo to drive and plow trucks but looking for a town car for the winter :)

I thought I was the only one that did this, my numbers for my 2000 v8 are:
9670 miles
511.8379 gallons
$1452.65 spent with an average mileage of 18.89 (3000 of these miles were the trip from California to ny to bring it home so my mileage is higher than it will be). 15 cents a mile for gas, 19 cents a mile for purchase and 29 cents for maintenance (lots wrong with it when I bought it which explains the 1800 price tag)

I also keep a log - I have for every car I have owned for nearly 35 years now;

For 2015 we have;

10,660.5 miles
496.93 gallons of 93 octane
21.45 MPG on average (at least 1/2 of my commute is highway)

No reason to work out the cost figures, because the cost per gallon is skewed due to both using the card at BJ's club and discounted cost at GetGo due to Giant Eagle rewards program earning discounted price at the pump.

Thanks don-ohio, it will all work out in the end. No telling what might just float up in the yard, last time it was picnic coolers and john boats lol. We will see what happens. Will head back out there this morning, button up a few more things before Emergency Managment closes the road.

So sorry to hear about the flooding again down in your area. Our thoughts and prays go out to you, your family and friends in the area. That it had to happen around the holidays makes it that more tragic. Stay safe.

Mississippi River Force me out. Just moved the LS and the Harleys out today. The river is rising and causing the lake and surrounding area's to flood. Going to be a loss cannot get everything out. New shop will see about four foot of water according to forecast. Have been working hard to get as much as possible moved. I am lost for words, tired and disgusted. Going back in the morning to pick up truck bed lid, I do believe this will be my last trip. Do not know how long this will last or truly how deep the water will reach. Lost my home in 2011 due to flood water, this has really brought it all back after three years.....what doesn't kill me will make me stronger.

Best of luck my friend, prayin for you. He wont give you more than you can can handle, Yes you will be stronger.

If you need anything ,LS related or not, dont hesitate to ask. I and many others are a phone call away, even if you just want to take your mind off it for a bit! We're here.

That goes for anyone else struggling right now.

PM me anytime for contact info.

Parked my LS for the winter.
got snow and they salted.
car is rust free and going to stay that way !!
got the old volvo to drive and plow trucks but looking for a town car for the winter :)
Funny, I pulled my 2000 ls out for winter, it is my winter car. I drive a 95 mustang gt in the summer. Both were from California, the mustang will remain rust free, the Lincoln will not :)

Did the rear brakes on my '00. Only have had the car for two years and have not had any brake issues with it. Recently had the dreaded metal scraping sound from the RR and knew it was time to look at it. So one of the slides froze up and the pad wore out on one side, Slight scraping in the rotor. Put in new pads, un-froze the slide and turned the rotors. (i have access to a lathe!) Everything works great again.

Car has 82,000 miles on it and when I pulled the rotors off they still had the assembly line retaining washers on the studs! Not bad for a 16 year old car getting the rotors off for the first time.

New Kumho Ecsta AST 245 45 17 all the way around and vacuumed a bunch of ice and water out of the spare wheel well Not sure where its coming from Moon roof drain issue?
New sway bar links and Thanks to this thread going to be ordering some rear toe adjustment links before I get to the Shocks. Also need to find out why its pulling hard right. I just had an alignment done about 6 months ago. Other than that no complaints. The new engine is running strong at about 5k miles on it using Redline Synthetic 5w30 oil and I put a small dose of SL1 fuel system cleaner in when I fill it up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back