For Sale hid bulbs markup 97

mag

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Do not buy anything from markup 97 he is a crook he sold me defective hid bulbs with the wrong connections .after several text messages he lied about everything we talked about .

As I said, return them and we will be square (instead of hiding and trolling the forums, reply to your texts). But, since that seems to NOT be your modus Operandi, we can air the laundry here and let the forum decide.

I was contacted by MAG about the 3 headlight bulbs I had for sale (all from 97 MKVIIIs). He asked if they were the later style connector (and being they were from 1997 I believed they were). So we made a deal for 3 working bulbs. I shipped them to him after payment was made and he contacts me when he gets them saying they are bad and wrong and he wants his money back. Instead of communicating with me, that was the ONLY text I get from him even after multiple replies BY ME TO HIM. Files a PayPal claim and all. I offered to pay shipping back and once my bulbs are returned, extend the full refund. No answer from him. I do have the texts kept in my phone, along with the pictures of the bulbs that I sent him.

The bulbs are typical HIDs that have the graying in the center of the HID tube from use. Now, my question is: How does he know they are blown if his car has a different (early-style connector) that won't hook to the bulbs he got?

Now MAN UP, quit hiding behind the computer screen and PayPal, get my bulbs packed and ready to ship so I can pay to have them sent back to me and I can refund your money.

Merry Christmas everyone. I have a driver-side low beam that has burned-out on a 1997 Mark VIII LSC. High beam works, cornering light works, directional signal works.
I went to a Ford dealer for parts. They said the only availability is a set of both driver and passenger complete headlight units for $2000.
Is there actually a way to get into the headlight and just replace 1 low-beam HID?
Best wishes.

you need to start a new thread, or even better, do some searching, but yes, you can.
and i am surprised they can still get their hands on a set of headlights after all these years.

Does your headlight low-beam HID bulb have a flat plug or a round plug? From talking to Jay after the above situation started, I learned that 96 through Mid-97 HID bulbs are the flat-plug style and Late-97 through 98 HID bulbs are the round-plug style. Find out which you have first and then look for the appropriate-style bulb.

Or you can talk to Jay (can't remember his screen name right off hand, but I think it is 98lincmk7lsc) and get one of his complete retrofit kits.

Last edited:
He's such a crook that I gave him over $400 worth of rear end parts when I hardly knew him (at the time) and he gave them back to me!

...but seriously, Markup is an absolutely stand up guy and I know for a fact he wouldn't purposely screw you over with your parts.

He's trying to rectify the situation. Let it happen and move on.

Do not buy anything from markup 97 he is a crook he sold me defective hid bulbs with the wrong connections .after several text messages he lied about everything we talked about .

I had the same problem. Easy fix,just cut the wires on both bjlbs,then re connect the right connectors using button connector.
Easy peasy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back