What did you do to your LS today?

Imagine my surprise, an arm rest that slides forward, who would have thought! ... to have put that in the first GEN also.

<quickly runs out to 01 LS in garage to double check> :shifty:

yeah they really made some major improvements in the center console area, even if that was the only difference between the generations, it would be enough to keep me in a 2nd gen!

no F'n way bro... the sh!tty little center console that comes that handbrake is freaking terrible, easily one of the biggest reasons I was happy to see my 1st gen go!

no F'n way bro... the sh!tty little center console that comes that handbrake is freaking terrible, easily one of the biggest reasons I was happy to see my 1st gen go!

Sorry, I didn't realize that the Gen I console had the hand brake. I have never really liked the electronic brake with my Gen II, other than that the Gen II console is fine.

well if you only had the need to store a couple decks of cards or two packs of smokes in the center console, it would probably be fine

since its not a manual and I dont use the P-brake every day, I'm fine with it taking up as little space as possible! its also a nice bonus that the newer brake system will lewt you know ahead of time when its time to replace your battery! :rolleyes:

Finally solved a f*cking mystery that's been a pain in my a*s for a few months now (06 LS w/ 81k)
Would sporadically have trouble with the EPB not wanting to disengage (always fixable by disconnecting the battery and performing the reset procedure, confirmed to be mechanically sound).

Alternator finally gave out (very loud whining + check charging system).
Replaced it under Ford's CSP warranty along with the solenoid pack + valve body (rough 2-3 shift, delayed + harsh R engagement).
My baby is now working beautifully, including the damned EPB (pulled low voltage codes).

Just picked her up an hour ago. It's going to be a great Thanksgiving! :)

since its not a manual and I dont use the P-brake every day, I'm fine with it taking up as little space as possible! its also a nice bonus that the newer brake system will lewt you know ahead of time when its time to replace your battery! :rolleyes:
*ugh* Tried that (brand new NAPA Legend Group 65), didn't help.
Damned EPB module is apparently VERY finnicky about alternator voltage (mine was gradually deteriorating over a period of a few months and finally choked 2 weeks ago).

Replaced the radiator on my 06. I smelled coolant when I parked (at home) Tuesday night. It had cracked on the front of the right side tank, right where the hot coolant from the engine hits it.
It was a pain compared to the other radiator replacements I have done. I was able to pull it out the bottom with the front up on ramps.

I cleaned my windshield wiper blades with denatured alcohol. This was recommend by Scotty Kilmer on You Tube. It did take off a lot of dirt.

Replaced the radiator on my 06.
It was a pain compared to the other radiator replacements I have done. I was able to pull it out the bottom with the front up on ramps.

Sounds like the 96-05 Taurus. Jack/ramps, remove bumper, remove the headerpanel, unbolt condenser, pull the radiator out the bottom. Meanwhile, in my less experienced days, I declined replacing my girlfriend's Camry's radiator. 2 or 4 bolts, comes out the top

Picked up a new battery at Advance today. AutoCraft Gold group 66 750 CCA. Ordered it on line with promo code TRT41 and got $40 off. Net out the door with tax after refund of the $20 core charge was $111.

uploadfromtaptalk1448740587968.jpg
Installed some tower covers today

uploadfromtaptalk1448740587968.jpg

Last edited:
^ Alex will have his LS Turbo'd before G shows us some promised man cave pics! ... Hey, it could happen!

Put the snow tires on today so it once again looks like a retired police cruiser. Also had a pair of rear link arms so I replaced them since I had the wheels off. No play yet but boots were completely gone with no grease left so it was only a matter of time. Bought the Moog greasables and promptly broke one of the Zircs off trying to get it to self tap, luckily I had spares.

Put the snow tires on today so it once again looks like a retired police cruiser....

LOL, same here, last week on the wife's 03, black car, black wheels w/ silver Tbird center caps, gives it that 5.0 interceptor look, center caps are getting some flat black paint today.

Who's wife here drives a murdered out LS with Magna flow exhaust to work and back? She loves it though!

LOL, same here, last week on the wife's 03, black car, black wheels w/ silver Tbird center caps, gives it that 5.0 interceptor look, center caps are getting some flat black paint today.

Who's wife here drives a murdered out LS with Magna flow exhaust to work and back? She loves it though!

Hey! Love your posts. Wanna say that MY wife USED to drive an '01 LS with magnaflow exhaust and a 5speed Getrag manual back and forth to work. Until she and I and a busted degas bottle conspired to blow something resulting in exhaust gas in the coolant. :mad: So right now that car is on jackstands with the 5 speed getrag tranny about to be dropped thus making the engine removal a bit easier I hope. A donor car with half the mileage faces it.

Also - I really like those wheels and inserts you started this thread with. Can u advise where they might be purchased? I looked on USArim.com and came up empty. Thanks. G

Members online

No members online now.
Back