2017 mkz, 400hp awd

I was really hoping that Lincoln wouldn't use the "Lincoln Star" cut out grill. Looks cheesy.

I like where their new design style is going!

I was OK with the first gen MKS, but I have not liked it since the restyle, and if a (current) new MKZ was a car that I would have been considering, I would definitely get the regular ford version as the Fusion's front end looks so much better with its Aston Martin looking grill!

I was really hoping that Lincoln wouldn't use the "Lincoln Star" cut out grill. Looks cheesy.

anything is better than the whale teeth thing they have going on now...

Baleen.jpg

2015-lincoln-mks-grill_10282_156_480x360.jpg

Baleen.jpg

2015-lincoln-mks-grill_10282_156_480x360.jpg

which is why it wouldn't make it in my cut...

but that doesn't rule out it being in my garage, the wife will only choose a FWD/AWD/4X4 vehicle. a pure RWD car is out of the question...

PMJMT03LSV8 said:
It will be interesting to see what they do about torque steer. My '11 has an A$$load of it.

I've been driving a Taurus with the 3.5TT in police trim for a few months now. Mine has the AWD and not a bit of torque steer.

Telco said:
Still running the engine sideways? Still no sale.

I get what you're saying, and no there is not replacement for that classic setup, but just saying in AWD trim with the twin turbo these things haul. I take corners at speed that would kill me in the LS. I don't even know if they'll ever plan a RWD Lincoln again. Every year or so there is some off the wall article that says its coming and it never does. I don't know if they want to muscle into that cutthroat market of performance luxury. With that being said, they are way more Boost and a lot less Eco then they let on.

I though I read that most of the newer ford AWD systems aregoing to be using clutches on each axle like the RS has and can send most of its power to which axle it needs to, TQ steer should only be a problem on the FWD only versions.

I though I read that most of the newer ford AWD systems aregoing to be using clutches on each axle like the RS has and can send most of its power to which axle it needs to, TQ steer should only be a problem on the FWD only versions.

yup. and the fwd versions will have reduced power. 350 instead of the full 400.

i suspect between the RS derived torque vectoring diff and the awd in general, the torque steer will be minimized.

anything is better than the whale teeth thing they have going on now...

View attachment 828474529

^complains about baleen. Drives an LS. It helps filter leaves.

And I thought the Cylon Warrior look was bad! That look is just plain U...G...L...Y, UGLY!!!!!!

Cylon look on a Lincoln? Which model? Or a different car? Audi has definitely has some Cylon-esque grilles in the last decade

No matter what vehicle is under consideration, there'll always be those who cry ugly. The last really ugly car since theNash/AMC upside down bathtub was that joke from generic motors/pontiac that tried so hard to hide the shape of its hindquarters. Around Detroit they had to get rid of those by requiring employees in the car programs to take one---at least one.

For the rest of you, you're just whinge-ing.

KS

I've been driving a Taurus with the 3.5TT in police trim for a few months now. Mine has the AWD and not a bit of torque

Wonder if the Taurus in police trim is different. With mine you better have a firm grip with both hands.

The Lexus Cylon look.....

I guess I identified Audi as the Cylon before Lexus went to that look and just labeled Lexus as "confused and ugly". Lexus is a bit too curvy, but then again, no cares really make faces

Except for first gen Miatas with their lights up

from front to back it makes no sense, like profile of the front of the car has absolutely nothing to do with the back. As if the designers of each never talked and they just jammed them together

I agree. Ford has a history of that that other manufacturers do not seem to do. Their redesigns seems complete. Ford seems to approach their redesigns with minimal effort. The original Taurus was a fresh design, compromised by poor re-design that had heavy input from traditional Ford customers that did not like the aero design and wanted traditional styling. The car became a compromise. The original MKZ concept did flow and was a cohesive design even if it did not appeal to all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back