What do we do for a living??

I just cant get into cigars. Don't enjoy smoking enough really. I do enjoy good wine but I have this habit of drinking it. Kind of hard to make an investment of it that way.

There is a local cigar shop here that I got one from that had a mildly sweet taste to it that I liked. The smoke wasn't heavy and it had a good smell to it. That was like 5 years ago and damned if I could remember the name of the shop or cigar. Somewhere in Ybor City though. That's about the only cigar I can remember liking. A buddy who was an afficionado suggested it. $20 later I enjoyed it. He had his third bedroom walk-in closet converted to a humidor room and the third bedroom as the den/cigar room. He used to buy and sell like you are talking about too. "Pays for my Hobby" he said.

I am a 66 year old retired Army Sergeant Major. Retired from the Army in 1991, after 26 years. While in the Army I work in the communications field, with tours in Germany, Taiwan, the Philippine Islands and several State Side assignments. I currently work for the United States Postal Service, indirectly. While, I am employed by USPS, I actually work for one of the unions that represent postal employees in disputes against management. I have always had an interest in cars. For a period of time I repaired/restored air cooled Volkswagens. I currently own a 2003 LS V8 and 2003 Hugger Orange BOSS 5.4 (F150). Keeping the LS running takes away from the time that I used to spend on the BOSS 5.4, though I must say it requires very little upkeep.

I am a 66 year old retired Army Sergeant Major. Retired from the Army in 1991, after 26 years. While in the Army I work in the communications field, with tours in Germany, Taiwan, the Philippine Islands and several State Side assignments. I currently work for the United States Postal Service, indirectly. While, I am employed by USPS, I actually work for one of the unions that represent postal employees in disputes against management. I have always had an interest in cars. For a period of time I repaired/restored air cooled Volkswagens. I currently own a 2003 LS V8 and 2003 Hugger Orange BOSS 5.4 (F150). Keeping the LS running takes away from the time that I used to spend on the BOSS 5.4, though I must say it requires very little upkeep.

WELCOME .. I'd love to read (or see) more on both those!!! Glad to have ya here

Programmer/Engineering Tech at a medical device/implant manufacturing company

Programmer/Engineering Tech at a medical device/implant manufacturing company

Do you happen to work in Warsaw?

Edit: Scratch that, that doesn't look like an Indiana plate from what I remember.

such an old thread! Self-employed sales consultant. Professionally full of #$@

Pektel: Awesome collection of cigars. I've never collected any of the sort, but always liked the taste of a fine cuban. Def a hobby that interests me, would greatly appreciate any type of push in the right direction.

If your are well mechanically inclined and have a good mechanical comprehension talent, try a marina or outboard engine business for engine work. Start on simple outboards & tranny shafts. You will meet people in the line of work you like maybe. I did teak exotic wood repair on boats/yahts @ 16 to start. Just cleaning wood & sanding wood to start. I love working on teak! 47 years now! Good seasonal $$$$. No water bodies around try ATV repair. This to: dertyclown.

Last edited:
If your are well mechanically inclined and have a good mechanical comprehension talent, try a marina or outboard engine business for engine work. Start on simple outboards & tranny shafts. You will meet people in the line of work you like maybe. I did teak exotic wood repair on boats/yahts @ 16 to start. Just cleaning wood & sanding wood to start. I love working on teak! 47 years now! Good seasonal $$$$. No water bodies around try ATV repair. This to: dertyclown.

:slap:

dertyclown
Senior LVC Member

Last Visit
December 9th, 2011

Manager, Engineering, Fox Networks Engineering & Operations.
Our team configures and maintains the production and post production equipment used by Fox Broadcast, Fox Sports, and FX to name a few.
The most visible things we support are the studios you see on Fox Sports, including the NFL pre-games and UFC.

Previously I was and Engineer with the Disney-ABC Television Group.

Hi!

Self-employed , Electronic designer(ºeng industrial robotic)

We develop all that you need to make your stand bright xD
Motor control/animatronics/lights dmx/automation/custom electronics/games/apps/etc..

some devices were made to big trademarks some of them directly and other ones we were as 3rd hand.
This job have some up and downs but we work hard to get stability and a better place :p

lol a pic

Me and my assistant xD and I'm not the chihuahua :Beer just to be clear
3600 RGB LEDs in a >_< PITA configuration. plays video/pcitures

best regards!

inspectora calidad 2.jpg

I'm just a old truck driver waiting to retire hopefully in Florida in a few years and a member of LVC.
Man i love these cars and this group.

Manager, Engineering, Fox Networks Engineering & Operations.
Our team configures and maintains the production and post production equipment used by Fox Broadcast, Fox Sports, and FX to name a few.
The most visible things we support are the studios you see on Fox Sports, including the NFL pre-games and UFC.

Previously I was and Engineer with the Disney-ABC Television Group.

so your the reason I lost my broadcast during my world series game this year. (for a few minutes). Although it did give me a break from Joe Buck... Moron

What do I do? Nothing. I was downsized in 2007, so I retired. I'm now 72.

But, I was very fortunate, back in the late 60's, to start working towards a BS in Mgt from Rutgers (evenings) while working full time at a Ford parts depot.

Once I had two years of college under my belt, I moved into mgt in another firm where I lucked out (again) and wound up in Telecommunications Management just when TC started booming. My career peak was serving as the Telecommunications Officer for a large insurance company for 17 years. But, due to downsizing, my last ten years were spent as AVP/Project Manager for a Wall Street firm.

Best things about a Telecom Management career were 1) a decent salary and 2) extensive nationwide travel. (Also, some international, Rotterdam, London, and Saudi Arabia). There isn't a major US city, and many medium sized ones, from Anchorage to Seattle, to Honolulu, to LA, to San Diego, to Las Vegas, to Miami, to Washington DC, to Boston to Chicago, to St Louis, etc that I haven't been to. (Roughly 40 trips just to San Fran.)

It was a fun ride.

Since I last posted, I am now a fired, er retired, Air Traffic Controller from the world's busiest facility (SCT). I worked LAX area (LAX, SMO and HHR arrivals) and the Del Rey area (LAX, SMO, HHR, most LGB, TOA, about half SNA and some SLI departures). When we hit the "magic" age, 56, we can either retire or find a non controlling position. Since there aren't many of those I elected to become a man of leisure. They're paying me about 66% to stay home, so why not!?!?!?!?! It was a GREAT career and I can't imagine doing anything else!

I just need to find a way to get my adrenaline fix!

I'm just a old truck driver waiting to retire hopefully in Florida in a few years and a member of LVC.
Man i love these cars and this group.

I did not know this Mr. Waggs!

I work for a major Financial institution in retirement planning and compliance. I handle financial advisors (AKA FAs. AKA FVCKING A$$HOLES. :Bang), their challenges and shortcomings. Mostly their inability to understand they are definitely NOT some deity's gift to the world. Most of them are actually really nice and easy to work with. It's always those of them that are super clueless and have no business being in the industry.

Make a better than average salary for the work that I do. cushy cushy. I guess this just means I spend more on the LS. HAHA.

so your the reason I lost my broadcast during my world series game this year. (for a few minutes). Although it did give me a break from Joe Buck... Moron

LOL!!! Nope, wasn't my direct team, I'm in Los Angeles. That was due to a Kansas City power issue.

Official response:
"Before the start of the bottom of the fourth inning of tonight's World Series Game 1, a rare electronics failure caused both the primary and backup generators inside the Fox Sports production compound to lose power," Fox said in a statement. "The issue was immediately addressed, although it resulted in the audience missing one at-bat during the time needed to switch to carriage of Major League Baseball's international feed, powered by a different generator on site.

"The on-field delay was due to replay capability being lost in both teams' clubhouses. We apologize for the interruption in tonight's coverage and are working to ensure that the remainder of the World Series is broadcast without incident."

Even the stadium's big screen was knocked out, and that's not Fox. Sounds like a major voltage spike and not just an outage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back