What did you do to your LS today?

Not on the stands just yet, been too busy, soon though ... and no-one drives the car I'm to be buried in.

Put 210ml of Fuel Stabilizer in the tank along with 66.5L of Premium Shell,
short drive back home to get it all throughout the fuel system and back into the garage.

// Enable hibernation mode, November 16th, 2014.

~ car cover on the list.

Haha!!! Guess who held out for the roads to dry up after the latest rain fall in order to make it to the Shell station to put 210ml of Fuel Stabilizer w/ full tank of fuel, all without getting it dirty again? ... That's right! ... I sure did ... FINALLY a Fn WIN for a change.

Back in the garage, wiped the wheels. (actually cleaned out the garage with the leaf blower one last time before bringing it back in)

// Enable hibernation mode, November 2nd, 2015.

~ car cover back on for now, still gotta get it on stands and the wheels off + hook up the battery tender.

EDIT - - - almost forgot,

me and the dog (he drove) took the beater Maxima into town to visit the local stealership to get a new Motorcraft VENTED battery for the little lady's 03 LS. Putting that in after supper shortly.

Replaced my rear splash guards. Had my drain holes unclogged. Oil Change, refilled coolant, Bring in to upholstery shop in the morning to get my drivers set re covered to the tune of $708. They dont re wrap steering wheel so I'm looking of for a replacement wheel to get back to new status, since the leak from the sunroof degraded the leather. Filled up with 93 with no ethanol. Sprayed wheels with the shiny stuff. Still have an ash tray that won't stay closed and mats that need severe cleaning or replacement. Need to change out a slightly cracked drivers side rear visor shade/ wind deflector.

I know it's not my LS, but since my wife drove the Lincoln to work today, I couldn't start my rotor & caliper project. So, I pulled the Super Coupe out & put a B&M short-throw shifter on, as well as clear corner lenses.

B&M.jpg

That shifter made a HUGE difference over the stock one.

SC1.jpg

SC2.jpg

B&M.jpg

SC1.jpg

SC2.jpg

Front RH window regulator broke. Good thing, it forced me to clean up the garage. Now the LS is its happy place. Now I can take the opportunity to find and replace the temperature sensor. Which appears to require removing the dash. Followed by replacing the window regulator.

Started getting the itch for a different vehicle. However, it will still likely be another 2-3 years...student loans + new car = no, no.

Sway bar end links.

very easy job.

got rid of that annoying "clunk" " clunk " going over bumps.

i can see upper ball joints in the future,,fine now but rubber starting to deteriorate .

everything else up front is fine..

Replaced passenger side window regulator, now window goes up and back down about a quarter way and won't go But half way down .

sounds like you need to re-index the motor on to the regulator correctly, pretty much the same problem I had when I did my first regulator

EDIT: that kinda makes it sound like the motor is not correctly lined up... this is not the case, make sure the motor is in the correct position BEFORE bolting it to the regulator.

what i did was remove the motor from the reg, then with the harness still connected, roll the window all the way up or all the way down, then with the window in that position, bolt the motor back on to the reg.

sounds like you need to re-index the motor on to the regulator correctly, pretty much the same problem I had when I did my first regulator

EDIT: that kinda makes it sound like the motor is not correctly lined up... this is not the case, make sure the motor is in the correct position BEFORE bolting it to the regulator.

what i did was remove the motor from the reg, then with the harness still connected, roll the window all the way up or all the way down, then with the window in that position, bolt the motor back on to the reg.
Yeah i didn't know put my old motor on there probably is wrong. Mess with next weekend....thanks

I did my wheel hub assemblies up front and brake pads. Went to ceramic. Got tired of cleaning the whees all the time. This is the only picture I took cause I was covered in brake dust and grease. But the assemblies popped right out. Didn't stick one bit, either side. :)

clean as a whistle.jpg

Also I have found the source of my power steering leak.......It is coming through the plug itself. This can't be good. I don't even know what this is called. I couldn't get up under there enough to see the part number. Only partial part number from the piece its connected to of ?????-3n824-aa0039. I already bought the Power Steering Pressure Sensor, but it looks nothing like this one.

mysterious part.jpg

mysterious part.jpg

clean as a whistle.jpg

izzy, what brand hubs did you put on? not those from Prime I hope!

Changed the COP on number 5. Starting missing yesterday and I had a new coil in the parts box to throw in. 10 minute job.

Sway bar end links.

very easy job.

got rid of that annoying "clunk" " clunk " going over bumps.

i can see upper ball joints in the future,,fine now but rubber starting to deteriorate .

everything else up front is fine..
If you have a grease gun, you can buy a needle attachment and feed grease through the boot to give you some more time.
uploadfromtaptalk1447719748224.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1447719748224.jpg

Members online

Back