"If I get around to swapping out the air filter though, the price will go up.”

Better get it now while it runs like crap.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5300830374.html

And here's a cooker that had parts thrown at it.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5301059182.html

Good stuff. He had it X number of miles and someone else presumably before him installed a K&N. Kind of implies no maintenance was ever done. Does the price double with an oil change?

I had a K&N on mine for quite a few years and never had oil get on the MAFS

The second car probably isnt that bad, just needs a degas tank by the sound of it. Maybe a couple more plastic pieces. I wish I had that issue instead of rotten rocker panels.

...and someone else presumably before him installed a K&N.

The way he explains it, it sounds like someone snuck in that K&N Filter while he wasn't looking.

I bet you could convince the second owner that the car is a tow-away at $1500.

I had a K&N on mine for quite a few years and never had oil get on the MAFS.

My K&N cai was on for less than a day when I started getting the P0172 code. I've cleaned my MAF several times, but that filter keeps getting it oily. If I swap the stock airbox & filter back in, code goes away. It's not an uncommon problem on the 3.9L - I see several T-bird owners mention it as well.

My K&N cai was on for less than a day when I started getting the P0172 code. I've cleaned my MAF several times, but that filter keeps getting it oily. If I swap the stock airbox & filter back in, code goes away. It's not an uncommon problem on the 3.9L - I see several T-bird owners mention it as well.

it is a common problem IF (and only if) there is too much oil placed on the filter.

clean your filter and barely oil it, problem solved.

it is a common problem IF (and only if) there is too much oil placed on the filter.

Better yet, ditch that POS K&N altogether. I don't know if Fords have the same problem but Chevy trucks that run these also develop a fine white powder in the intake, like dust is getting through the filter. K&N filters really are far more trouble than they're worth.

The way he explains it, it sounds like someone snuck in that K&N Filter while he wasn't looking.

I bet you could convince the second owner that the car is a tow-away at $1500.

Maybe if he connected the intake tube (pic 5) it would run better.....

I've never oiled it - this is the as-delivered condition. The Mopar blue conical filter for my Magnum is a similar size; I'm probably gonna ditch the K&N & put one of those on instead. They don't appear to be oiled so that should solve the problem.

or just clean the extra oil off...

just saying, been running a K&N on the last three cars (two of which have been LSs) and not a single problem with any oil getting on the sensor. probably 150k-180k miles total between the three

Members online

No members online now.
Back