95 MARK VIII left window regulator

THEMOJOMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My left window is stuck in the all the way up position. I can hear the motor running. The last few times I used it,,it has a slight rumple sound. Is that the regulator or is there a gear deal in there? I don't drive my Mark very much. It has 46,000+ miles. I'm 76 and not "Stompin' The Floors,, Beatin" the Walls and Hangin' from the Chandeliers like most of you Gear Jammers and Curb Jumpers. I'm asked all the time about my name. It's my Radio DJ name. I worked all over. I trademarked TheMojoMan in 1959. (reg.ustm) 2 343 775. I got so tired of hearing I had passed away years ago. I put up a webpage
themojoman.com Thanks.

Had something similar happen and it was the regulator. The gears on the regulator to be specific. The lever that turns the gear got pushed in. Once I replaced the motor everything was fine.

I can hear the motor running. A garage guy told me there's a "gear kit" for that and that's probably what it is. He says they are only plastic. PS How do you put pictures on here?

The gears in the window motor are nylon. They can turn to mush after 20 years. Motor works but it's just spinning goo. If you take the motor out and open it up you'll see. Go to any chain autoparts store, the gear set is a Dorman Help! product.

Thanks. What's really odd "suddenly" today it started working. BUT still sounds ODD. I picked up the nylon gear kit at Advance and friend is going to help me take off the skin and repair it anyway. I'm having a very hard time,,,after having a complete knee operation. I'm on a Walker. What's with two addresses. I had a long time friend that lived in North Port but after his divorce he went back up North. I lived I Ft Lauderdale (Wilton Manners) in the mid 70s.

I got 2 gear kits from Rock auto, and they worked great. You get the 3 dowels, and plastic gear. The HELP dowels I got at a parts store lasted 6 months.

A lodge brother helped me with putting the gear in. And I thank you so much for offering to help. Another problem,,,the egg shaped thing that the window switches are in how can I tell what color my interior is. I'm gonna need that. Mine's all gouged up. My interior is like egg shell white but if I try and find that thing I will need the exact color name. Driver's side

Members online

Back