Which Coolant Type?

Svets96

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have read all articles on coolant, ethylene glycol green, and pure virgin glycol. I could not find anything for the InTech V8 based on coolant type. I had read lincolnelite's write up on coolant change on his DIY page. I had bought Zerex G05 50/50 pre diluted. It has the silicate in it for all the aluminum and seals. BUT it is REDish/Pink in color. It says for newer cars 2003-newer, I was going to take it back and use PEAK 50/50 pre diluted because it is green in color. I know your not suppose to mix colors its bad I know.

What would you recommend? Which brand?

Thanks all.

that's probably for asian vehicles (pink/red for toyota long life)
there's a zerex version for ford and domestic vehicle (green) and also gold (long life)
i just bought 2 gallons for my ford taurus and jeep last week at napa ($13 each for green, 100% not pre-mixed)

Hey thanks a lot.

What I did was I ended up going to NAPA and buying there version of green coolant (50/50) it says its for 2000 and older Ford vehicles. The store manager told me it will be good for my car its the same as the Zerex. So later this week I'll change the coolant. We'll see what happens.

I also use green premix. People always laugh at me paying for "50% water" but it's far better than using a garden hose and we all know I'm not going to buy gallons of distilled water for the car. It's far easier and quicker to just buy premix and get it perfect the first time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back