Possibly Selling My LS

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Thinking about selling my LS. Thinking about asking $10k for it. Excellent condition. 70,522miles on 2000 LS Ultimate v8, auto. Lots of custom work. No issues or mechanical problems. What do you think? To much?

Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Youngest daughter loves it. The TVs and DVD player is why.
Oldest daughter hates it. It sits to low...

10,000, i am guess what you meant to say is you told your wife you are willing to sell, but are pricing so it never does....

Yep, way too high. A car is rarely worth more than bluebook, and upgrades not only don't matter they can hurt the resale if too personalized. My Silverado bluebooks for about 4 grand or so (I've not actually looked) even though I've made about 15,000 in upgrades to it. After the 15,000 in upgrades, its value increased to 4050 because of the receiver hitch I added.

Price it for what you want out of it. It's in stellar shape. So I don't see why you shouldn't get what you want. The value is there for someone who understands how much it will actually cost to buy a run of the mill LS and then completely fix every single issue. Especially if you are throwing in any goodies that are just laying around along with the sale of the car.

these cars aren't worth that, no matter what aftermarket parts comes with it. They cost a ton to own, parts are harder to come by even when you have the money for them. Simply put these cars don't have that kind of value due to the lack of longevity of them, best case is you only break what you can replace. Eventually you simply won't be able to maintain it due to a lack of crucial parts.

I hope I can another year or two at most out of mine, then off to the gun range. Nice or not I would feel bad selling mine to anyone for them to deal with any new issues that will come along.

Good luck anyways, I am sure someone will love to hand you money, just finding that person may prove hard.

I think the biggest hurtle selling it for that much would be to find a buyer that knew enough about LSs to actually see the value. its not that I dont think its worth that, its just selling custom cars is a real bitch and almost always done at a loss. I will say that it does have the best of the hardest to get parts now... Senta's... 06 bumper... Mclaren grill

probably best bet would be to have a for sale sign up at a car show...

next to all the trophies...

vbpgimage.php

and a couple of those classy ladies with their asses hanging out surely wouldn't hurt!

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

many of the newer members don't know the history of it... But you best bet is listing it at a high 06 price, and explaining to potential buyers why it's worth it.

many of the newer members don't know the history of it... But you best bet is listing it at a high 06 price, and explaining to potential buyers why it's worth it.

fvck it.....just set it for $2500. set up 4 buyers and tell them to bring cash. Rob them. You will have $10K and you can keep the car. #BALLER

fvck it.....just set it for $2500. set up 4 buyers and tell them to bring cash. Rob them. You will have $10K and you can keep the car. #BALLER

Leave the car and let them "decide" who keeps it!!

All2Kool, my LS is more then a stock or a few bolt on parts LS with low miles....lol

$10,000 is alot 4 a LS right now. What year, and what Edition is it? Is there any after market mods on it? What all mods have u done 2 it?

$10,000 is alot 4 a LS right now. What year, and what Edition is it? Is there any after market mods on it? What all mods have u done 2 it?

You need to search his LS. There are more upgrades than can be listed! His is one sweet garage-queen LS!!!!!

Rollin, if that's what you think it's worth, stick to your price! You can keep it if you want...........you know you love it. Don't take less than 1000.00 less than you price it for. don-ohio :)^)

someone needs to pay attention to what and where they're posting... 10k isn't too far off.

and LS's really dont have additions... Really just generations, and sport vs non sport... the rest is just options. (unless you get a prestigious carriage top)... NOW THAT is an Edition.

Saw one of those I think,presidential edition?. It was a salvage title in Greenup KY near me. I just don't want any salvage title car. don-ohio :)^)

The carriage top almost certainly indicates severe roof damage. Back in the 80s one of my aunts was married to a shady repair guy who would buy wrecks and rebuild them. When the roof was hosed either due to storm damage or a wreck, he'd put one of these things on because it was cheaper and easier than fixing the problem. One car he did was a Caddy that some dude very OBVIOUSLY did a fat chick on the roof because the roof was caved in and the imprint was that of a huge backside. More cushion for the pushin! The guy later got into it with the cops and last I heard is in prison but he might be back out by now.

Any time you see a car with one of these kits on it that didn't come that way from the factory, walk away.

Members online

Back