Buy The $36 Hub or the $956 One?

All2kool

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Makes a person wonder how many the 2nd seller actually sells. Someone feel free to educate me on why I would buy a $956 Hub instead of a $36 one that is also available. I mean, if the less expensive version lasted only 10k miles, I could just install another $36 one. By my math, I could get 26 @ $36 each or 1 @ $956.

Hub_Snub.jpg

Hub_Snub.jpg

Makes a person wonder how many the 2nd seller actually sells. Someone feel free to educate me on why I would buy a $956 Hub instead of a $36 one that is also available. I mean, if the less expensive version lasted only 10k miles, I could just install another $36 one. By my math, I could get 26 @ $36 each or 1 @ $956.

View attachment 828473706

I would forget eBay and get one from Rock Auto.....

RAYBESTOS 713167
$81.79

TIMKEN HA590213
$88.79

MOOG 513167
$89.79

SKF BR930213
$116.79

MOTORCRAFT HUB20
$124.79

Personally I'd (and did) get the TIMKEN.

How many companies can possibly be making these? Different brands, same manufacturer, we see that all the time.

How many companies can possibly be making these? Different brands, same manufacturer, we see that all the time.

Probably more that you would think. That's why I went with TIMKEN. They've been around a gazillion years (OK, 100+) and they're made in the U.S.

Probably more that you would think. That's why I went with TIMKEN. They've been around a gazillion years (OK, 100+) and they're made in the U.S.

Curiosity got the better of me and after some internet research, I discovered the two Hubs are identical, made by the same company and have the same exact part number.

are you wondering why EBAY would have an item listed over value!?!?!?

Usually when you see that, it means the part is actually out of stock (or very low), but it's easier to put the price at some exorbitant amount that won't sell rather than delete/relist the posting. One can only hope that's the case here

are you wondering why EBAY would have an item listed over value!?!?!?

Not at all but it's a seller, not EBay.

Usually when you see that, it means the part is actually out of stock (or very low), but it's easier to put the price at some exorbitant amount that won't sell rather than delete/relist the posting. One can only hope that's the case here

There is a certain amount of logic there. But hey, you need just one buyer to think a new Hub is actually a $956 part to make a small fortune.

That link I referenced now leads to a $226 Hub, a ten-fold increase in price (original price was $26 + $10 shipping). I emailed the seller to let them know they have one two too many.

Not at all but it's a seller, not EBay.

LOL... are you wondering why an EBAY SELLER would have an item listed over value!?!?!?

it looks like he fat fingered his $26 one and realized it after he sold ten.

Most "sellers" flood the market with multiple prices, that way you get the guy who wants it at the lowest price no matter what brand, and you also get the guy who says "I want the better quality one than the cheapest...so I'll pay more!"

Same part, same quality junk.

Holy cow 956 bucks.

If buying from Rock Auto, make sure the part is the right one. The problem I had with them was specifically on the wheel hubs I ordered not being the brand I ordered. Timken and MOOG are both good. If you've not changed them before, this is one of the bright spots on the car. The hub is extremely easy to change except for getting the wire off the ABS connector, which is hiding behind the inner wheel well lining.

Holy cow 956 bucks.

If buying from Rock Auto, make sure the part is the right one. The problem I had with them was specifically on the wheel hubs I ordered not being the brand I ordered. Timken and MOOG are both good. If you've not changed them before, this is one of the bright spots on the car. The hub is extremely easy to change except for getting the wire off the ABS connector, which is hiding behind the inner wheel well lining.

My Left Front needs to be changed. There is a bit of play and by a bit, I mean perhaps a few millimeters. I've watched a YouTube video on this and if the Hub isn't seized on, then it looks like a fairly easy and quick job. As my Hub was replaced earlier this year, I can't see how it could be seized already. And yes, I do realize that a Hub put on 3000k miles ago should not need to be replaced again and I'll certainly be asking the shop that did the work to honor the warranty when I bring them the one I take off.

That is exactly what happened. I emailed the seller to let him know about the price difference and he indicated he was out of stock.

Turns out, the more expensive Hubs just look cheaply made. Seems to be a no-brainer that a one piece is better than two.

Hubs.jpg

Hubs.jpg

LSfrank nailed it.

I also noticed that the Autozone replacement had the sensor poop on mine at 1 year old and the Timkin on from NAPA is still rolling along without issue. The difference in price was less than the cost of the replacement sensor...

LSfrank nailed it.

I also noticed that the Autozone replacement had the sensor poop on mine at 1 year old and the Timkin on from NAPA is still rolling along without issue. The difference in price was less than the cost of the replacement sensor...

I actually plan on using the sensor that is on the already and keeping the new one for a spare.

Members online

No members online now.
Back