Does anyone else find the front seats uncomfortable?

It's not the leather. In fact, the leather in the Gen2 is softer. The issue is all the plumbing for the heat/cool seats; it causes the foam to be thinner.

No the Gen I leather is softer. The Gen I is like a Soft Black Leather Winter Glove. The Gen II is like a Baseball Cowhide hard leather.

I have a degenerative spine condition. Issues with discs and sciatica on both sides. I find the seats to be therapeutic. In the mornings I'm super stiff and usually fall into the car. Carefully though since in 6-1 and roughly 250lbs. By time I drive to work 30-45 mins the stiffness is not there so much. I don't have any pain while driving. I feel craddled while driving. My only complaint would be about the lumbar support not moving up and down as I have the seat as far down as it will go. So I don't ever use the lumbar. I haven't ever driven the car for more than an hour in the year that I have owned it.

No the Gen I leather is softer. The Gen I is like a Soft Black Leather Winter Glove. The Gen II is like a Baseball Cowhide hard leather.

I've never been in a Gen 1, but I agree on the baseball comparison. Stiff and hard. They're like sitting on a rock after a while.

I have a gen 1 LSE and have converted to the gen 2 heated and cooled seats. The gen 1 seats were more comfortable than the gen 2 seats but my gen 2 seats have DVD players in the head rests so they are staying in....for now

The hardness in the gen2 is caused by the thinner foam, not the leather. Compare the softness of the bolsters....

The hardness in the gen2 is caused by the thinner foam, not the leather. Compare the softness of the bolsters....

I was going to say, the leather in my two LSs were about the same, neither was/is real soft high quality leather

I think the seat bottom feels narrow on long trips, like my thighs rest too much on the bolsters. Not very forgiving of manspreading. Or maybe I just have a fat ass...

Members online

No members online now.
Back