Electric Fan conversion, now no heat or A/C

Mechanicboy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm looking at buying a 2000 v8 that has been converted to an electric fan. The owner claims both the heat and a/c worked before the conversion and now both don't because, as he says, the computer won't let them work because the hydraulic pump is gone. This seems seriously suspect to me as I don't see how the two are connected, at least the heater.

Based on what I've read many members here have converted to electric fans and had no issues with a/c or heat related to the conversion. I want to call B.S. on this guy but I want to be sure first.

Thanks.

P.s. My 5 speed LS is running great (had to replace the fuel pump in January but otherwise trouble free for almost 5 years) and I just replaced the solenoid pack in my brothers 2003 v8 transmission so it's running great now too.

sounds like he F'ed something up during the process of converting.

The computer wont let the heat and AC work because the hyraulic fan is gone....thats not true.

He probably had to discharge the refrigerant because he didn't know what he was doing. That would explain the AC not working. The DCCV is in that area so he may have messed that up too.

... he says, the computer won't let them work because the hydraulic pump is gone. ...

This is completely untrue. He messed something else up. The PCM can't even tell if the hydraulic fan is there or not, or if an electric one was added.

This is completely untrue. He messed something else up. The PCM can't even tell if the hydraulic fan is there or not, or if an electric one was added.

Yea, that's what I thought. I might have to pass on this one. He said the cats need replacement and the drivers window won't go down. He's only asking $1000, I thinking more like $500.

Members online

No members online now.
Back