Painted my wheels same color as my car.

zolemite

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I still need to sand the clear and buff. Then hopefully they will shine like my car. This is my first time painting my wheels so.....:dancefool Let me know what you think. They will be on my car as soon as the potholes clear up.

Before:
IMG_1426.jpg

After:
wheels002.gif

wheels001.gif

Thanks. Can't wait to put them on. My car is just a plain jane now. Still looks good though, just not hot. LOL

did you clearcoat them after you painted them?

Yea i clear coated them with some duplicolor wheel coating in clear. The paint I got from etouchup. They mixed my paint code and put it in a spray can. Good stuff. Only place I found, that would do that. The clear didn't come out as good as I wanted but I think if I wet sand and buff I can get a good finish. I only paid like $50 for the whole project. There not perfect but better than paying like 500 to repaint them.

Painted my center caps yesterday and going in for a alignment so wheels should be on this weekend . I'll post pics soon as they are.

We got fu$#ing snow today. Hopefully clears up by sunday so I can get these wheels on.

Also Has anybody else had to replace the rear inside wheel molding and the lower molding. Mine started to come off last year and noticed there was rust building in them so I took them off. I just ordered new moldings $61. Not really what I wanted to spend. LOL. I wanted to get new ones b/c you can see some wear on the one thats on there now where the wheel hits lightly and I don't want the wheel hitting the metal.

Sorry for the ramble.

Nice , Black wheels are the way to go.

You gota lower it a little, should be as EZ as a Mark VIII

are those "Unique Wheels" they used to make just steel wheels

funny I see this thread today... I was just talking to my buddy about using a translucent black paint to "tint" my chrome stocks black. Hmmmmmmm might be something worth looking into.

looks good man! real clean!

Didn't lift it. It rides OK. Not as nice as the stockys. They look a helluva lot better though

Are those chrome door pillars the ones you can get off eBay, the universal ones. Or are those specially made for the Conti?

It's in one of the pics - 255/30/22

You probably won't get an answer from any other poster in this thread as I haven't seen any of the post during my time here. The OP hasn't logged in for 4 1/2 years.

Members online

Back