should i buy this 96 town car?

Janobala

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i may have struck gold here as i found a 96 town car executive with only 67,500 miles on it, the only thing stopping me is a strange noise coming from the right( looking in from in front of the car) part of the engine, it just sounds like its firing loudly, im skeptical because i am not a mechanic so i don't really know what it is. it doesn't sound like its knocking it just sounds like i said, firing loud on that side, i don't know if possibly its just a leak right off the header or something, i really don't know. i guess im asking if anyone has a theory, of something maybe common that happens on town cars, if its not anything serious im going to trade my 2000 Lincoln ls in on it. it has 113,400 miles . FBFF5682-65B6-443D-BC59-DC0110772FAE_1.jpg

FBFF5682-65B6-443D-BC59-DC0110772FAE_1.jpg

lol, for sure it's way cheaper to maintain and more reliable than the LS.
with that low mileage and age it looks like it's been sitting in the lot (or somebody's driveway) for a long time which is not good.

lol, for sure it's way cheaper to maintain and more reliable than the LS.
with that low mileage and age it looks like it's been sitting in the lot (or somebody's driveway) for a long time which is not good.

Agreed and with it making noise from the motor, sounds like it needs a good tune up. And without driving for so long you got to look at old gas, oil, transmission fluid.
If you are going to have a car set at least take it out and drive around the block once a week. this way everything stays functioning.
If not thing have tendency to cease up, then you are looking at big buck to repair

Members online

No members online now.
Back