What did you do to your LS today?

Got mine back in the garage after all that firewood got put away.

few weeks out in the driveway and she looks a bit neglected, most dirtiest I think it's been since I bought it.
a few tree sap spots I gotta get off also. I'll have to put a full cleaning into it next weekend and then onto secondary tensioners +chain.

^
That was quick!

Just posted that for entertainment value. I finished the radiator install and bled the system. All is good! After cool down and rechecked the the coolant levels, I went on a 45 min cruise. I love the car again!

Like me, I often refer to mine as the "Fn thing"

Anyone have any bad dealings with rockautos motorcraft coils?

Just make sure that if you order Motorcraft coils that it's Motorcraft coils in all the boxes. I've ordered brand parts from them before just to have them try and palm off Chinese crap in a factory box. Ultimately they replaced the parts with the correct ones but they tried giving me a bunch of crap about it which ticked me off. Too bad for them too, because I'd ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts from them in the past, and haven't ordered a nickel's worth from them since. So long story short, as soon as your parts arrive don't just verify the boxes are correct, verify what's in the box is correct too.

Well, I replaced the defrost door actuator. Not to bad of a job. The best part is now I have a working defrost!

Replaced original rear calipers since they were dragging. Bonus: ebrake working again.

Outside driver door handle likely next failure. And funny noise from rear only heard with seats down, under throttle only... pinion bearing?

Cleaned glass & interior. Now for that pesky 3rd brake light grrt

I replace the right rear speed sensor to fix my abs light. I replace the left inner tie rod to fix my steering, and I installed a factory degas bottle, cap, thermostat, and thermostat housing. No more overheating!

I replaced the swaybar bushings and end links. That was a fun job!. Now I hear all the other noises from the front suspension. Time to order more parts.

Replaced 3rd brake light & fixed seal. Put horns back on rebar. Adjusted hood latch. Fixed washer nozzle leak. Now on to replacing fuel filter yay

Replaced original rear calipers since they were dragging. Bonus: ebrake working again.

Outside driver door handle likely next failure. And funny noise from rear only heard with seats down, under throttle only... pinion bearing?

Car looks amazing for 240k !

its easy as long as you have or make a tool to pop the fuel line off. i tool a standard sharpy cap and cut it up a little into a perfect little release tool.

Thermostat broke so I replaced it.

Also my 7" Galaxy tablet from 2011 stopped working so I replaced it with an LG I got free and upgraded my EQ
to a full din kgc 7043

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...pgraded-my-Stereo&p=2037386857#post2037386857

20150906_112924.jpg

20150906_111343.jpg

20150906_092101.jpg

Failing pinion bearing - whine under load starting around 35MPH, loudest around 40MPH, goes away by 60MPH, when running around 40MPH goes away when you let off the gas, comes right back when the gas is back. If it sounds like something else, please be more descriptive about what it sounds like and under what conditions it makes noise.

Cleaned up the black 03 last night, restored headlamps. still battling some tree sap on both LS'es.

I installed a aftermarket radio. Also installed the brand new $25 center a/c vent and buttons.... Thanks ebay.

Ordered some new upper control arms to fix knocking and squeaking.

New Lincoln LS Jaguar S-Type V6 V8 Front Suspension Kit Control Arm Arms Knuckle
New Lincoln LS Jaguar S-Type V6 V8 Front Suspension Kit Control Arm Arms Knuckle
( 290908990800 )
Bought this kit off ebay from BremanTech and installed about 6months ago.
Not to technically say that they were a piece of ****, but iam now replacing all the same parts again.
Every single ball joint and tie rod has failed one after another.
Self lesson learned. Quit being a damn cheapo and get the good stuff

I replaced my upper control arms. Not to bad of a job. Also had to replace one of the new swaybar endlinks that I installed last week. The joints were to tight causing a popping sound every time the suspension moved.

I replaced my upper control arms. Not to bad of a job. Also had to replace one of the new swaybar endlinks that I installed last week. The joints were to tight causing a popping sound every time the suspension moved.

did you get an alignment after you did upper control arms?
and did you grease the endlinks? some of them dont come pre-greased and would cause the popping

did you get an alignment after you did upper control arms?
and did you grease the endlinks? some of them dont come pre-greased and would cause the popping

I will be getting an alignment on my next day off. The end links came pre greased, and I greased them also. even after driving on it for several days it continued to pop. When I removed it it was unable to move the joints by hand. Way to freaking tight. It was a moog end link. The new replacement I got I was able to move by hand. All is good now.

New coils and plugs. I only got 35k on the old Visteon coils until it starting misfiring. (Original motorcrafts lasted 40k).

I went with the cheapo eBay coils this time. Car runs great again but we'll see how long they last!

Members online

Back