The Day has Come!

Spree

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have had such a great time here on LVC! I have learned sooo much from everyone here!!

I bought my Mark VIII in 99 when she was just a baby at 5 years old. I kept her all these years through the good and bad (16 years to be precise). Now she is 21 and it's time to let her go.
Just like all of you, I love me Lincoln, my Mark VIII! She was my heart and soul! I think I know her better then any other car I ever owned.
I took care of her the best I could, but the years took a toll on her :(
She is starting to need more work then I can provide for her. I can't trust her any more. All she was doing was sitting there most of the time rotting away. I feel sad! I don't have the time for her anymore.

But....SHE WILL NOT BE FOR GOTTEN!!!

I have sold her. She is gone! But in her Honor, I couldn't, in good will let her go with out some kind of legacy!!
I searched, searched and searched some more! I finally found it!!! My wife said I was crazy!
Maybe so but....:)

I bought another Lincoln with her in mind...Newer!...Badder!...Crazy Sexy!...Options I don't even know how to use. Drove 6 hours to pick her up!

I keep cars for a long time...this one will...with any luck...be with me for as long as my Mark VIII was. I already miss her but...the one I bought is by far, more the just a replacement, it is....BAD TO THE BONE! :) It is my daily driver! It is my new love! Nobody touches this one!

She's not a Mark VIII!...but I know she would approve...:) I will miss her that's for sure!!

I want to thank everyone here on LVC for talking me through most of the problems with my Mark VIII.

Dan

Dan, I know the feelings your going through:) My 96' truly the one car that was so much more than just a car, gave her last breath about 6 months ago. I physically felt remorse as strange as that may sound. I've had a lot of cars up to that day I picked her up, but the ride she took me on was awesome. I first found markviii.org, then a couple years later found this awesome site. I've learned so much here and have so many people I would love to meet and say thank you to in person.

With a little help from my friends, I was able to find a new/used Mark VIII so this wonderful journey continues with all of those same feelings I got from my first mark come flooding back. The irony one Portofino Blue goes, one steps in :)

I hope you get as much, if not more, of the enjoyment you got out of your Mark, Dan. Best of luck with your new Lincoln. When you get some pictures, show her off to us.

DSC_0043 (Copy).jpg

It's raining today, but here it is.

2013 MKX awd 305 hp.

My old Lincoln did not go down in vain! I caller her "the Lincoln" so I call my new one "the Lincoln". Her door code is now my new door code...I will love her the same.

MKX 6.jpg

MKX 1.jpg

MKX 2.jpg

MKX 3.jpg

MKX 4.jpg

MKX 5.jpg

MKX 7.jpg

MKX 8.jpg

Nice! Those didn't get the 3.5 ecoboost until 2016 right?

I guess "only" 305 hp is fun anyways.

2.7 ecoboost in 2016.

2013 would be the Duratec 3.7 weighing in at 305/280.

You are correct my friend :) 3.7 here, this one has option's most don't. As soon as it quit's raining and I have time...more pic's coming your way!

Dan, I know the feelings your going through:) My 96' truly the one car that was so much more than just a car, gave her last breath about 6 months ago. I physically felt remorse as strange as that may sound. I've had a lot of cars up to that day I picked her up, but the ride she took me on was awesome. I first found markviii.org, then a couple years later found this awesome site. I've learned so much here and have so many people I would love to meet and say thank you to in person.

With a little help from my friends, I was able to find a new/used Mark VIII so this wonderful journey continues with all of those same feelings I got from my first mark come flooding back. The irony one Portofino Blue goes, one steps in :)

I hope you get as much, if not more, of the enjoyment you got out of your Mark, Dan. Best of luck with your new Lincoln. When you get some pictures, show her off to us.

I know how you feel KC! I hated to do it (sell her I mean)! Your new car reminds me so much of when I bought mine in 99, she looked and ran like new! At only 5 years old...she was new! I seen your car a couple days before I got rid of her...almost brought tears to my eyes but...this is so dam nice!!! EVERYONE NEED'S ONE...:)
Lincoln out did themselves....this one has everything and more! I think I'm in love again!

No car has ever driven quite the way a Mark does. Its aa shame Lincoln doesn't see the economics in making a Mark IX. It is an amazing vehicle line and the Mark VIII is an especially amazing ride. Even though automobile technology has surpased the VIII in every category at this point they just haven't come together like this for me since.

Dan, It's so strange how I'm experiencing all the old excitement I did when I bought my 96' Mark VIII back in 98. I've been watching all the reviews, commercials and owners guide videos again, it's like it's all new again. I took it up to a local car show last night and was some what taken aback at all the attention it was getting. We were sitting off at the bars patio area and people would walk past the old hot rods and then stop at the Mark and look under the hood and walk around to see the interior. There were a number of times when 2 or 3 guys/gals were standing back and pointing and talking about it. I got that kind of attention with my 96' being all done up but this was just a clean stock Mark. I really think we are getting to the point that the value of a nice clean Mark VIII will start appreciating. Anyway, I'm having a ball:)

As for your MKX, it really looks nice. I've always had something for the grill on those, I like them a lot. I've never got close up to ones interior or under the hood but for a SUV type auto, I really do like the looks of it. I hope you enjoy it and best of luck with it.

Greg

Members online

No members online now.
Back