Here's my new Mar VIII

KC96LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone, now just need to get the transport company moving forward with pick up. The car has 70,000 on it.

DSC_0038 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0040 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0043 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0046 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0047 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0045 (Copy).jpg

635757599618245291 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0026 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0027(1) (Copy).jpg

DSC_0028(1) (Copy).jpg

DSC_0035 (Copy).jpg

DSC_0036(1) (Copy).jpg

DSC_0050 (Copy).jpg

The driver seat looks like the wrong color? Maybe just lighting. Ass is a bit high, probably needs adjustment. But overall, sharp looking Mark!

Well I will say that milage is probably correct. No deception there.

It looks very nice. Best of luck. Where did you buy it?

Thank you Great, I found it in Lancaster Ohio. I actually called on it about a month ago and was told it was sold. Then I saw it was still advertised a couple weeks ago and called again with same results. So when this car in Chicago started going south, I saw the add was still up so I called again and the guy says it was available. He said he had wanted his wife to take the car but after a couple weeks of driving it she said it was to big for her so he put it back up for sale. I kind of think it was meant to be. The more I look at the Blue, the more I'm liking it. I keep seeing the interior that's in my other Mark, in this one :) we'll see. If this car is as clean as I think it is, I'm going to have a hard time pulling the trigger on that project.

Well I will say that milage is probably correct. No deception there.
I agree with you on that, I'm much more comfortable with this one. I'm really looking forward to all the little project I'm going to get to do to make it mine. I enjoy that aspect as much as anything. Thanks for all your help the last couple weeks Unity, you've been a big help.

Looks great Greg. Let me know when you get it here and we will check it out. I'm glad you're getting it. Tinted windows and your wheels off of your 96 will make it look sharp right away.

Looks great Greg. Let me know when you get it here and we will check it out. I'm glad you're getting it. Tinted windows and your wheels off of your 96 will make it look sharp right away.

Your reading my mind Roger :) I will certainly give you Shout once it gets here and we can set up a time that's good for you. Thanks for all your advice Roger you've been so helpful to me over the years.

Thanks guys , I'm really not sure what will play out. First of all if the car (paint and interior) are in the shape I hope they're in, it's going to difficult to mess with that. As much as I like the interior and I really like it, I would kinda like to see my interior out of the 96' in this one.

Like Roger said, just Wheels and Tint from the 96 would go a long way right off the bat. A couple things I do want to do is paint the LSC bumpers and trim, then put those on. Also put the exhaust off the 96' on it. So if I'm pulling parts off of the LSC I might as well do the Cobra brakes, sway bar and Module8.

I'm probably over looking something but that's what comes to mind first. I'm sure I should do the J-mod if it hasn't been done and it probably hasn't. I never did it to the 96' and that tranny lasted till around 130,000 - 140,000 somewhere. Then that transmission was rebuilt with strong upgraded parts and also has the Edge 3500 stall converter. The 96 has some rust issues that were somewhat the reason we decided not to put a bunch of money in it and look for a new/used one. I'm going to just play it by ear and see what happens.

Beautiful car! Great score on finding such a pristine gem. I'll be following this thread closely, can't wait to see what your plans are. I hope it stays in the garage for the winter :D

Svets96, thanks for the kind words. I wish I could say it will always be garaged but I can't do that. However, I will tell you that it will be well taken care of.

Svets96, thanks for the kind words. I wish I could say it will always be garaged but I can't do that. However, I will tell you that it will be well taken care of.

Definitely know it will be taken care of, your other Mark VIII was in great condition. Happy Modding! and let the mods begin!

WOW you just don't see very many clean original Mark VIII's like that any more. Very nice and I hope it brings you as much pleasure as my first one.

aFTER READING YOUR POST COULD YOU TELL ME SINCE YOU OWNED A 1996 MK 8 IF THE DRIVERS SEAT SHOULD RETURN BACK WHEN I PUSH THE DRIVERS BACK SEAT FORWARD TO LET A PASSENGER INTO MY CAR. iT STAYS FORWARD UNTILL I USE THE SWITCH ON THE SIDE OF THE SEAT.APPRECIATE A REPLY

aFTER READING YOUR POST COULD YOU TELL ME SINCE YOU OWNED A 1996 MK 8 IF THE DRIVERS SEAT SHOULD RETURN BACK WHEN I PUSH THE DRIVERS BACK SEAT FORWARD TO LET A PASSENGER INTO MY CAR. iT STAYS FORWARD UNTILL I USE THE SWITCH ON THE SIDE OF THE SEAT.APPRECIATE A REPLY
It should return back to the previous position. I noticed on day that I had to adjust the back of the seat a little before it would work properly. I don't know if mine was just getting old but if it wasn't at the right angle it would stay forward. I bet if you mess with the back angle it will return back as it should.

Thank you, I'll doo it. What kind of adjusting did you find helped the back rest

Bill Boats

Hi, yor the fell who pulled off the heads and diod a lot of motor work . Age you the same fella?

Hi, yor the fell who pulled off the heads and diod a lot of motor work . Age you the same fella?

Yes, I had the heads pulled off. The car has some rust issues, but we (a buddy is helping me out) haven't decided what we're going to do with the 96' yet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back