Sell or part out?

num1bigguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII. 120,000 miles currently has a misfire. Some rust. Passenger outer door handle broke interior is all there. Cd changer broke. Air ride gone. Base car. Worth more in parts than whole? Is $1000 too much to expect for a running driving car?

If it were mine I'd try to get $800+ for it before I decided to go through the hassle of parting it out. I see you getting about the same amount parting it out as it sits.

Depending on what's causing the misfire....Used suspension kit, door handle and new plugs/wires can all be had for $300 and you'd have a good driveable car again. Just something to think about.

The misfire started after a weird situation. I doubt it's 25,000 mile plugs or wires as the service history of the car said plugs and wires were done at 95,000 miles. No lights are on. I have limited resources for testing. I'm also struggling through a time with a sore back. Being 6 foot 8 and 300 pounds plus I dread doing anything under the hood.

So its easy for you to work under the hood take off the hood and set it on pillows. The engine compartment will be a breeze to work on then

I think I was slightly misunderstood. Anyways when I stated air ride gone is because a strut masters kit was installed right at 100,000 miles. Nothing wrong with suspension. Also the exhaust leak is gone and I believe the misfire was some bad gas from a gas can as the misfire stopped too. Is it worth a grand knowing the extra? I want to get into another continental. Had one before. I like it rides like a couch going down the road.

I need the left front parking light assembly. Must have no cracks and all chrome trim in tact .

Members online

No members online now.
Back