LS in the shop, coils, plugs, DCCV +

Pete 2004 LS V-6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay I just took the LS to the dealer. Install plugs and coils (I supplied), DCCV and have never had heated air at drivers side floor. I stopped by Wal Mart on the way home and got the "economy" size jar of Vaseline, wish me luck.

... and have never had heated air at drivers side floor. ...

You keep saying that, but...
Either you can't get heat on the driver's side at all, or you can't get any air (hot or cold) through the floor vents on either side. There is no control device in the car that could specifically control/prevent heated air to just the driver's side floor. A correct description of the problem is often key to getting it correctly diagnosed and fixed.

You keep saying that, but...
Either you can't get heat on the driver's side at all, or you can't get any air (hot or cold) through the floor vents on either side. There is no control device in the car that could specifically control/prevent heated air to just the driver's side floor. A correct description of the problem is often key to getting it correctly diagnosed and fixed.

When using the heater I can feel heat (hot air) at the dash vents, rear seat vents and the passenger side floor vents but do not feel any air or heat at the drivers side floor. My (driver) feet stay cold.

Good thing you got the economy size, I think it's going to be painful. Good luck and let us know the damages

Well I supplied the coils and plugs and was given a quote of $821 to install them and the DCCV, they called this morning and said $1130, I knew this would happen, I hate for someone to have me by the B---s. The other dealer is the one that said when the DCCV goes bad it leaks on the AC computer and kills it so I knew he would screw me more that the SOBs I took it to. The only way around this is to do the work yourself and I can't do that.

You just left the dealer an LS with an estimate??
Expect
dr-evil-300x155.jpg

dr-evil-300x155.jpg

When using the heater I can feel heat (hot air) at the dash vents, rear seat vents and the passenger side floor vents but do not feel any air or heat at the drivers side floor. My (driver) feet stay cold.

It's not the DCCV then. You have a detached duct or a rag or something stuffed in it.

Why can't you do it yourself? Tools? You can do coils/plugs and DCCV with a full socket set and a pair of pliers for hose clamps.

Almost 1200 bucks and you are providing them with $400 worth of parts? Damn convenience is expensive these days.

already recommended that... he can work on an RV but not an LS (I dont know, I guess the bolts are threaded the wrong direction...)

$1100+ for a half a days work (at most, for a greenhorn) with tools every self respecting man should own... if that's not a reason to figure it out your self, then I don't know. then again, I don't have nearly half of the disposable income that a lot of the guys on here have, so figuring out problems and fixing it myself are kind of important.

Bring it to me, I'll do it for half that. I might even find and fix the driver's side floor heat for no additional charge...

hell even with the 8 hour drive, this is the best deal you're gonna find, and its pretty much a guarantee that this guy know the LS better than anybody at any dealership you're gonna find

I am 71 year's old and do have the tools. A friend of mine has a shop with a lift, we change oil and do a lub on my truck, Jeep and Lincoln LS and can do brakes ect. He is 70 and neither one of us can lean over a fender for 3 or 4 hours working on the motor. I change oil in the RV, HD and Yamaha, as I said earlier these are easy to get to. The RV and Harley I can lay down and the outboard I stand up to change oil in it. I Would not feel comfortable doing plugs and coils on the LS, bleeding the cooling system and all the other things guys here have said you need to do. The total bill for coils, plugs and DCCV is was $1206. They said the heat on the drivers side was fine, my wife says it works for her so I guess I'm crazy but I have never felt any heat coming to the drivers floor. Thanks to all here that helped me with info. Again thanks to joegr for the tip on $125 for six coils from Amazon, all the dealers in this area wanted $480 for a set.

Bring it to me, I'll do it for half that. I might even find and fix the driver's side floor heat for no additional charge...

Hmmm since you are making estimates now, how much for you to do the AC and DCCV on mine??

Kidding of course, unless you plan to open a national LS-only repair shop. You could clean up nicely.

already recommended that... he can work on an RV but not an LS (I dont know, I guess the bolts are threaded the wrong direction...)

$1100+ for a half a days work (at most, for a greenhorn) with tools every self respecting man should own... if that's not a reason to figure it out your self, then I don't know. then again, I don't have nearly half of the disposable income that a lot of the guys on here have, so figuring out problems and fixing it myself are kind of important.

you know youre an i-badass when you try to insult a 70 yr old's manhood via cablemodem...
-----
joedrt: although nice try, he would <likely> do more damage driving the car in that condition for that distance... good to see youre finally starting to think outside the box tho
-----
pete: take a break next time when you do the work yourself. you dont have to bleed the coolant for the dccv, just kink the hoses. take an hr to remove the part and kink the hoses, take a break, take an hr to put her back together.

for the coils you might have been able to get an estimate for just the three that are under the intake since the other 3 are easy access for diy. pretty sure i wouldnt bother messing with the upper intake if i were 70yrs unless i had already been there done that.

Well, he could be like me. I have Multiple Sclerosis and I can't work on my car in the heat. I don't know anyone with a garage so I have to wait and do stuff during the cool months.

... you dont have to bleed the coolant for the dccv, just kink the hoses.

BULLCRAP!!!

You can kink it all you want, you insert a brand new DCCV while having all those little preformed lines kinked and you mean to tell me, you'd not introduce any air into the enclosed looped cooling system.

Your DCCV's that you get, come prefilled with engine coolant and you somehow just slip that in between the kinked lines and thus not end up with air in the system?

You'd still have a need to burp the air out of the system, possibly not near as much as if you obviously drained the lines and such but there'd be air in that you'd need to release, which means bleeding the system anyhow.

Why do you feed so much garbage consistently on LVC?

maybe thats true for your gen1??? on my gen2 i kinked the hoses connected to the dccv with hose clamp pliers and didnt have to do anything special to get air out of the system.. it was no diff than opening the fckin cap on the system it aint like a gallon of coolant poured out of it... obviously you turn the motor off before you touch it.. im not familiar with geni and im sure you are unfamiliar w genii, but i dunno where all of this magic air comes from in your gen1 <note that pete has a genii, so even if true, your comment is a touch irrelevant>...

but hey arent you the same guy who previously 'called bs' after i told a guy that if he hooked the hoses up backwards on the dccv that the system would blow hot air when set to cold and cold air when set to hot??? then you had to renege your 'bullsht' call and apologize... but only after joedrt confirmed it?? yep that was you... 'bc its only true if joedrt says so' aha right..

maybe thats true for your gen1??? on my gen2 i kinked the hoses connected to the dccv with hose clamp pliers and didnt have to do anything special to get air out of the system.. it was no diff than opening the fckin cap on the system it aint like a gallon of coolant poured out of it... obviously you turn the motor off before you touch it.. im not familiar with geni and im sure you are unfamiliar w genii, but i dunno where all of this magic air comes from in your gen1 <note that pete has a genii, so even if true, your comment is a touch irrelevant>...

but hey arent you the same guy who previously 'called bs' after i told a guy that if he hooked the hoses up backwards on the dccv that the system would blow hot air when set to cold and cold air when set to hot??? then you had to renege your 'bullsht' call and apologize... but only after joedrt confirmed it?? yep that was you... 'bc its only true if joedrt says so' aha right..

Again, you simply just make up stuff as you go along.
1) yup, I have both GEN's now. DCCV's are not much different, same concept, extra in/outlets.
2) you take any part of a cooling system out of line, it's exposing it to air in the system.
3) couldn't simply answer a real question without the nonsense of other unrelated crap you make up with the addition of name calling.
4) wah much?

If everyone put him on ignore, maybe he'd go away eventually.

no, unfortunately idiots like to hear themselves talk to much. even if no one is listening, they'll still run off with diarrhea of the mouth...

on the plus side, none of us will have to see the silly things he recommends to people...

no, unfortunately idiots like to hear themselves talk to much. even if no one is listening, they'll still run off with diarrhea of the mouth...

on the plus side, none of us will have to see the silly things he recommends to people...
^ptless post^
hehe youre 'silly' hehe you have 'diarrhea' hehe us big boys go poo poo on the potty hehe

lilrig, as long as you can kink a hose within seconds of disconnecting them youre not gonna cause a problem with air in a genii, i dunno about geni... ive successfully done it <genii>, you on the other hand are guessing/speculating.. and getting mad at me?? for providing time saving advice?? hmm please re-renege and put me back on block.. if you are gonna argue with an invalid argument at least admit that you have zero experience with it and are just speculating

and you know exactly what i am talking abt regarding switching hoses on dccv... completely relevant here bc youve called 'bs' twice on my dccv-related posts and have been wrong twice..

2) you take any part of a cooling system out of line, it's exposing it to air in the system.

no way man, you just got to swap it quickly... and the DCCV comes sealed up from the factory, they build them in a vacuum so you dont have to worry about it.

^ comes prefilled w/ engine coolant in his world I guess ~ wah

Members online

No members online now.
Back