Harsh reverse engagements

I think we all need to remind ourselves not to feed the troll. Myself included. No one's that retarded. He's obviously trolling.

I think we all need to remind ourselves not to feed the troll. Myself included. No one's that retarded. He's obviously trolling.

you would be surprised, some people are just that retarded!

like the kid at U of M this week that decided it was a good ideal to climb up on the roof of a building down town and run across its section of glass roof three stories up... natural selection at its finest.

but just incase, precautions taken (again...)

This message is hidden because Ass Hat is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

wahh troll wahh

you still cant read you fckin moron where did i say i disconnect the battery constantly and that its the only way to fix fcked up kam ? if you keep your car maintained <most ppl asking for advice dont> and dont drive more than a drive cycle with out of spec parts/components/etc then your pcm will have enough 'good' kam/shift strategy data that it easily outweighs the newly acquired bad stuff <unless it is in a LEARN phase (right after battery disconnect)>.. in other words the pcm never has to make a long term kam adaptation to out of spec parts. so when somethin drops out of spec for, say, 4 miles while you drive on 87 fuel bc theres only one gas station in the 4 mile radius and they charge a $1.20 surcharge on premium bc they are a mom and pop shop with zero competition, your tranny symptoms and miss symptoms etc are only going to be present for the 4 miles you drive it there and maybe 1/4 mile after the fill up... yep i do this occasionally.. saves me $hundreds a year.. now if you do that **** constantly for hundreds and thousand of miles then YES you will need to reset the kam by battery disconnect <or other means if youre so inclined>.. which is all of you stupid fcks did when you pulled your pcm. even joedrt wont disagree that you reset kam and shift strats when you pulled the pcm. he might be a sensitive little 'cwy baby' bc i proved him wrong a few yrs ago when he said i was typing 'bs' when i was actually quoting the manual word for word and posted the pages to prove it AND he might be occassionally wrong abt stupid advice and then start to cwy some more when someone calls him out on it BUT he aint as dumb as you other morons thinking you didnt just clear your fcking kam/shift strats when you disconnected it from the car...

'i dunos where yous went to school asshat man'
bubbie we have had this stupid conversation before, dont you remember?? i dont care about ohio state-mich 'rivalry' im not a fan of either.

"... also doesn't take a lot of reading comprehension to understand that switches from summer gas to winter gas happens at least twice a year... so then by your own words and advise, you are at least reseting your car every 6mo at the minimum, and since time doesn't stop, you are continuing to do something that is not needed on a regular basis"

oh really smart guy?? or do i keep a few jerry cans of summer blend and mix it with winter blend in the fall to ease the transition?? do i keep a few cans of winter blend to mix with the summer blend in the spring to ease that transition too?? does the eased transition not play hell with the sensitive little pcm's kam and shift strats??? hmmmmm 'hes an asshats and we's all gots him on the block' good for you ya stupid fck. you cant think anyways...

'the gas station only has winter blends in late october so thats all anyone can get. no such thing as jerry cans'
-michigan moron

"your neighbors just cant take it any more and is poring sugar or pissing in your gas tank?"
fuel door locks you stupid fck. keep guessin tho bubbie.. just like you do with your shift solenoids, pcms, etc

says the guy who rebuilt a junk yard pcm instead of the one that was already married... 'this pcm shifted hard into 3rd' hahahaha funnyguy.. yeah im the one who is 'retarded'. the pcm just analyzes the kam data and shift strats. you cleared both the kam and shift strats when you pulled the pcm... so when you plugged the pcm back in it went into a relearn phase and the hard shift is what it learned was 'normal' during your initial drive cycle. kinda funny bc youre probably a smart guy, but when you surround yourself with dummies its pretty typical you start to become one.. but hey hows the honeymoon comin along with the newly married pcm? are you gonna divorce her since you and joedrt can finally tie the knot? crazy to think abt.. but i bet the marriage cert from lincoln to marry your pcm cost more than your civil union cert... care to share the #'s on that one bubbie?? money well spent im sure... congrats on your new marriage!

and my parting shot:
"some how you have the only LS that gets fukced up shift strategies all the time..."
this quietls guy has 7800 posts and has forgotten every post he has ever seen abt fcked up shifting in an LS.. which is probably the subject of at least 10-15% of all threads on this forum...

"jjuncool" haha

I like how he insults by turning names around. Pretty sure he called me "Stunots" once.

This forum..

I like how he insults by turning names around. Pretty sure he called me "Stunots" once.

well when your playing with only a partial deck, sometimes that's the best you've got

This forum..

I almost miss the days when the LS was not just something anyone with $300 dollars and a carton of menthols in their pocket could just go and trade somebody on craigslist...

So, sent out my PCM to SIA a couple weeks ago before I headed off to Key West and Miami, and it arrived back on Tuesday. They said they replaced a couple chips that control the trans pressure sensors (think that was it, paperwork is at home). Managed to get the PCM bolted back in and wires re-installed last night and then ran out of time/light, and will continue the reinstall in the engine bay tonight if it's not raining (cabin filter shield/housing, strut brace, etc)...probably take a couple more days to finish it up depending on time/light....fingers crossed for success!

Just checking back in on this one - since sending the PCM out to SIA and reinstalling in June 2015 I have had no transmission issues. All prior issues were resolved (harse reverse engagement and delayed shifts when accelerating, gears 3-4 mostly). $200 fix was better option for me versus a $2500 rebuild that was recommended by two shops (although one had recommended and replaced the solenoid which did not fix the problem before recommending the rebuild).

Great follow up info, another successful PCM rework resolves trans issues. Good to know.

lsintoronto,

Thank you for the update. This will be noted for if/when I have the same symptoms. I will also know to NEVER bring the dive cycle thing up again!!! :)

Members online

Back