Waiting Room

10689674_10206147684554061_2207185723045142068_n.jpg

Who's taking who out for a walk here?

And, they're raising water rates because we're using less water......LIKE WE WERE MANDATED TO DO!!!!!! Jeesh!!!!

See ... we got this hole in our basement wall, it has this plastic pipe thingy going into the ground out front of our yard, at the other end, there is this device called a 'pump' ... FREE WATER comes out the other end of this device, sh*t ya not!

Then we run this FREE WATER through a series of whole house filters and a softener and Voilà water comes out of every faucet in the house.

Here's a pic of when my wife hooked up the last piece of this AMAZING FREE WATER contraption.

Kitchen-Faucet-Main.jpg

~ Tell yours to start digging, it's only 50ft deep I hear/read.

Kitchen-Faucet-Main.jpg

See ... we got this hole in our basement wall, it has this plastic pipe thingy going into the ground out front of our yard, at the other end, there is this device called a 'pump' ... FREE WATER comes out the other end of this device, sh*t ya not!

Then we run this FREE WATER through a series of whole house filters and a softener and Voilà water comes out of every faucet in the house.

Here's a pic of when my wife hooked up the last piece of this AMAZING FREE WATER contraption.

View attachment 828473269

~ Tell yours to start digging, it's only 50ft deep I hear/read.
Hey man you're falling down on the job. You were messing with that camera instead of laying some pipe! Get it together bro!

Hey Robot, I'm out of that International Poopstar and into a brand new 2016 Peterbilt 579, thing rides like a Cadillac. Just got back from it's maiden voyage, put 3232mi on it from tuesday to sunday night. Sat for most the Friday waiting on the reload to arrive. So smooth, so quiet, with the Paccar MX13 motor, doesn't pull all that bad either. only had 22 and 26K in the box running some hills. complete no idle package, 4 extra batteries for all the APU items. Heading back out Tuesday night, same run. Can't wait! Absolutely love it!

Hey Robot, I'm out of that International Poopstar and into a brand new 2016 Peterbilt 579, thing rides like a Cadillac. Just got back from it's maiden voyage, put 3232mi on it from tuesday to sunday night. Sat for most the Friday waiting on the reload to arrive. So smooth, so quiet, with the Paccar MX13 motor, doesn't pull all that bad either. only had 22 and 26K in the box running some hills. complete no idle package, 4 extra batteries for all the APU items. Heading back out Tuesday night, same run. Can't wait! Absolutely love it!
I envy you man. I wish I could get back out there. I stopped at some truck stops on a road trip this weekend and it brought back memories. Glad to hear you've gotten a better truck. I might see if I can find a ride under the table once in a while.

actually its the opposite, broadcast TV has bigger budgets, with higher paying sponsors, with more viewers...

think about it, if you have cable, you still have all the broadcast channels, but if you live where you only can get broadcast TV (or you just choose to go over the air cause its free) then you only have broadcast TV. when your dealing with over the air TV, their revenue only comes from sponsors, where as cable channels get like ESPN also get money from each subscriber (in ESPN's case, about $6 per subscriber). since broadcast TV can reach more people if they can manage a good show, they can charge more money per commercial. cough cough Superbowl cough*

I guess. I don't watch much TV. I watched Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Weeds, and Dexter live for the most part, but I think that's it. It makes sense, but I guess I'm just biased.

I should stop watching/DVRing so many dumb shows.

It's not your fault. The dumb shows are actually very smart. They present their material and end episodes in ways that immediately involve you with the characters and make you want/need to see what happens to them next. One season with 1-hour episodes is a ~14 hour cliffhanger, usually with the finale leaving you with more questions than answers. They also want you to solve the character's problems before they do, so you feel like you are involved and make you feel invested in the story. And then there's reality TV. Tabloids/gossip news sources do the same keeping you up to date with the Kardashians.

My girlfriend's family is very involved with Big Brother, year after year. They strategize for the players, come up with solutions, and overall "play" the game from home. I just don't get it. Not to mention the condensed 1 hour episode only shows what they want to show. The actual story/events is probably quite a bit different from reality. All those cuts to people standing speechless in awkward moments with some comedic sound effect? That was probably shot while someone was talking. It's painful...

If they can hook you for 30 seconds, they can hook you for an episode, which has a good chance of hooking you for the season, the show, the gossip surrounding it. I believe that's why shows like Big Bang Theory have so many garbage punchlines every 30 seconds. It's for the channel flippers.

Maybe it's me.

True, but there are times, for example, when I want to DVR two shows that start at 10PM, but I run into an issue when a show I'm already DVRing ends at 10:02.

I believe that limit is BS. Then there's the lovely situation where once a recording starts, you can't switch over to the video-in on Cablevision boxes (long story short, TV won't switch inputs anymore, TV is obsolete and can't be fixed, would cost a few thousand to replace a 70", frequent cause of conflict). You can stay on the video-in "channel" if you switch it over before the recording starts, but if two shows start recording, you get kicked mid-Call of Duty match.

Yes, get more tuners...

Run a whole server room of tuners. Or run you computer hooked up to the TV and just pirate the show that evening like any average millennial would do.

How did this turn from a discussion on how bad Lincolns are into a TV discussion? No, wait, I understand, Lincoln FanBois don't want to talk about how bad Lincoln has becom... no, wait, I promised to lay off.

I use an antenna, not cable. I don't pay for that crap, yet get 40 channels. The 2 hours a week I can't find something to watch, I have 1970s/80s TV show DVDs. Currently watching Hogan's Heroes when there's nothing else on.

How did this turn from a discussion on how bad Lincolns are into a TV discussion? No, wait, I understand, Lincoln FanBois don't want to talk about how bad Lincoln has becom... no, wait, I promised to lay off.

I use an antenna, not cable. I don't pay for that crap, yet get 40 channels. The 2 hours a week I can't find something to watch, I have 1970s/80s TV show DVDs. Currently watching Hogan's Heroes when there's nothing else on.

My fiancé's job gives their employees a comp account since they are in property management. Normally, the cable bill would be about $125. But our cable bill is $25 after taxes and fees. That's only because we have a few extras. If we didn't have those extras there wouldn't be a bill at all. I couldn't imagine going back to paying a huge cable bill.

..or pedestrians, or bicyclist, or domesticated animals, or their own shin after putting
groceries in the trunk.

can you parallel park the car, don't get me wrong cool looking
just how do you drive it on the freeway

The LS got jealous and sabotaged the Taurus. It overheated on my way to work. Now it overheats in under 5 minutes from cold. The heat blows cold (actually cold, apparently the AC runs to dry out the air and keep the oil circulating). My training here had me struggling to hold back "DCCV! DCCV!". Both fans run. One side of the radiator started bucking like something was trying to escape and was concerning... Probably just air pockets

Probably the water pump

^ I don't get it! ... musta missed something.

well going 0 for 3 racing against somebody at a few thousand cash each pop...

Members online

No members online now.
Back