Center dash upgrading

ahargrove

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever do anything with the silver on the center dash? I've never really been a fan and considered painting it. I know you can buy the wood kits and they look pretty decent but don't like how it matches up to the factory radio.
Anyway, just looking for some ideas or suggestions.
My LS is an 05 Ultimate, tricoat cashmere with tan interior.
Thanks

never been a fan of sticker kits like wood or CF,

I've considered a vinyl wrap many times but not wanted to deal with the mess that would be all the cut outs for the climate controls.

I've also considered painting, bat haven't yet due to the reason above...

I hate that cheap painted grey. The only problem is like 1LSL said, the climate control is grey too. And that's tough to paint because of the indicator lights.

I also thought about getting the dash kit but in just Black to match my 06 Black/Black LS. Only to cover the grey, but most are cheap too. That was a stupid idea Lincoln had, painting grey.

I wrapped all my wood.. you can easily do the same with the instruments...

20130612_141429_zps5b931cd3.jpg

I painted my stuff when I took them apart to change the LEDs to orange. Most of the AC buttons fall out, but the rocker switches and the display don't come out [easily] so I taped them over. Some debris hit my vent before it dried and I ended up losing track of the piece over the time it took to redo. As a result, I somehow lost the piece in the driveway, garage, or basement. For the indicator lights, I just scratched the paint off with a knife.

I don't know where the pictures are (I really need to organize my pictures) but I'll take one tomorrow.

I wrapped all my wood.. you can easily do the same with the instruments...

20130612_141429_zps5b931cd3.jpg

May I ask where did you get that kit from? What company? About how much was it, and how is the quality? Thanks

It's a vinyl wrap. You get a roll and cut it to size. You can probably buy enough vinyl for $20 for the cheap stuff

Here's my interior. Please ignore the leaves... and dust... and missing AC vent face... and poor photo quality. I didn't include the passenger piece because the paint didn't come out right, I tried fixing it with thick coats of primer, then gave up and tried vinyl, but the vinyl doesn't stick to primer, so it's just peeling off. I have a replacement piece sitting around, but the whole "spun a bearing and haven't driven it in 2 months" has really put a hold on my projects.

But I'd like to thank you because by going out to take the picture during the day, I decided to do some work on the car. I wanted to put the vinyl striping over the window chrome, but figured I'd need to clean the chrome first with rubbing alcohol. One thing led to another, and I washed both cars and did 55% of the striping...

2015-07-22 19.35.16.jpg

2015-07-22 19.35.45.jpg

2015-07-22 19.37.27.jpg

2015-07-22 19.35.16.jpg

2015-07-22 19.35.45.jpg

2015-07-22 19.37.27.jpg

as mentioned... a roll of wrap.

It should be Oracal 970a IIRC or 3m 1080... both are a high gloss air release wrap

Members online

No members online now.
Back